Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

do you like wearing a bra

Started by evecrook, December 04, 2013, 02:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

April Lee

Wearing a bra is a love / hate thing for me. Since being on HRT, my nipples and breast have become much more sensitive and I am very aware of them when I don't have a bra on. But it seems that I am always adjusting my bras, and sometimes the hook in back digs in. I have never really gotten the hang of putting them on or taking them off in a proper way. My solution has been to hook them, and since I am so skinny now, I can just slip them from the feet first over my hips and onto my boobs. If my boobs get any bigger, that might not be an option.
  •  

noleen111

Quote from: April Lee on February 06, 2015, 08:18:10 AM
Wearing a bra is a love / hate thing for me. Since being on HRT, my nipples and breast have become much more sensitive and I am very aware of them when I don't have a bra on. But it seems that I am always adjusting my bras, and sometimes the hook in back digs in. I have never really gotten the hang of putting them on or taking them off in a proper way. My solution has been to hook them, and since I am so skinny now, I can just slip them from the feet first over my hips and onto my boobs. If my boobs get any bigger, that might not be an option.

April is the hook digs in at the back, you maybe wearing a band size that is too small.  If a bra fits you properly.. you don't even feel its there.

as for the putting them on and off.. well i also struggled at first..with the hooks... I used to hook the bra the wrong way so I could see and the spin it around my chest so the hook went to my back..  but with practice.. you learn..  Now I hook them behind my back.. no problem
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

stephaniec

anyone can loan me two million for a fantasy bra, I'll pay it back.
  •  

michelle

At times the bra hooks stick me in the back, and my bra itches.   However, without my bras I have no breasts.  I desperately miss my breasts, when I do not have my bra on even more.   In my whole live time living with other women, they have hated their bras and when they have gotten home could not wait to get it off.  I wear my bras 24/7/365.25 except when in the shower.  So if I had breasts, I would want to get out of mine also.  But until then.   A bra it is.
Be true to yourself.  The future will reveal itself in its own due time.    Find the calm at the heart of the storm.    I own my womanhood.

I am a 69-year-old transsexual school teacher grandma & lady.   Ethnically I am half Irish  and half Scandinavian.   I can be a real bitch or quite loving and caring.  I have never taken any hormones or had surgery, I am out 24/7/365.
  •  

kao

all the time (except when showering sleeping) it helps lower my dysphoria of my chest to an barley manageable level while I wait for HRT to start then like many others I pray the boob god will be kind to me
Labels and closets are for fashion, not people
Boxes are for items, not ideas
Moulds are for desserts, you arn't supposed to fit
Live life your own way
  •  

michelle

I wish that I had real breasts, so that I could hate wearing a bra like the other women in my household.
Be true to yourself.  The future will reveal itself in its own due time.    Find the calm at the heart of the storm.    I own my womanhood.

I am a 69-year-old transsexual school teacher grandma & lady.   Ethnically I am half Irish  and half Scandinavian.   I can be a real bitch or quite loving and caring.  I have never taken any hormones or had surgery, I am out 24/7/365.
  •  

mac1

Quote from: noleen111 on February 06, 2015, 08:49:50 AM
April is the hook digs in at the back, you maybe wearing a band size that is too small.  If a bra fits you properly.. you don't even feel its there.

as for the putting them on and off.. well i also struggled at first..with the hooks... I used to hook the bra the wrong way so I could see and the spin it around my chest so the hook went to my back..  but with practice.. you learn..  Now I hook them behind my back.. no problem

I can't reach behind my back to do that. Would be nice to have breasts so I could justify wearing a bra.
?
  •  

ImagineKate

Wearing 34B now, fits perfect. Hopefully in a few months I'll be a C.
  •  

ImagineKate

Quote from: noleen111 on February 06, 2015, 08:49:50 AM

I kind of realized that, now that I have actual boobs to wear a bra it's like I'm wearing nothing at all. In fact going without one feels kind of weird.

Quoteas for the putting them on and off.. well i also struggled at first..with the hooks... I used to hook the bra the wrong way so I could see and the spin it around my chest so the hook went to my back..  but with practice.. you learn..  Now I hook them behind my back.. no problem

I can hook in the back easily but in a hurry I hook in the front and spin around.
  •  

PhoenixGurl2016

Quote from: michelle on April 06, 2015, 11:44:30 PM
I wish that I had real breasts, so that I could hate wearing a bra like the other women in my household.

You do not need real breast to hate wearing a bra ;)

Anyhow it is a mix thing for me as well. I love wearing one in the ways in how it makes me look and feel so much feminine. I also love wearing it with forms (until my hopefully grow) as both effect my movement. The thing I do not like about it is the consent adjusting. That being said, nothing feels better then when you take it off for the night.

•  

kittenpower

If my nipples were not so big, I would go bra less most of the time, since I've had breast augmentation, and do not need a lot of support.
  •  

stephaniec

I've got big nipples and they get to be quite noticeable with no bra. I saw myself in a reflection at the counter of Starbucks awhile without a bra and went oops
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

Bras are horribly uncomfortable, but I fell very feminine with them.  I guess I'm ambivalent.
- Kim
  •  

stephaniec

Mine are really comfortable especially since one of the under wires popped out and I took it out
  •  

aniiiib

I like wearing bras to a certain extent!  It makes me feel feminine since I've internalized the idea that bra-wearing is a keystone of women/femininity (I'm trying to unlearn this).  But also bras can be really cute and I do love a cute one and support is always nice.  But if I'm alone in my room or settling down after a busy day 85% of the time I'll take my bra off.
  •  

JustASeq

So my opinion on this is an evolving one. I didn't like bras that much pre-HRT, they just felt like sweat traps, but they made me feel better about my presentation. One big issue then was the underwires... Those things can be torture on you depending on your body, for me that was the case, so I cut them out.

Now, and just about 9 months of HRT have made those bras uncomfortable and risky (sometimes they slide off because nothing catches the bottom of my breast) and I had to buy new bras. They feel more comfortable and I forget they are on usually, that is until I start exerting myself to the point of sweating. When that happens the bra feels wayyyy uncomfortable. Since you can see my nips and areolas through my shirt, I kind of have to wear a bra to work and stuff for that reason, sometimes I go bra-less when off work though.

When my breast hurt because I am in a growth spurt, I end up having to wear a bra or they will hurt more. This usually is the case for about 2-3 weeks of any given month.

Either way, at the end of the day, it feels great to take off my bra and stretch my arms! :)

-Seq
  •  

iKate

Quote from: stephaniec on April 07, 2015, 05:52:59 PM
Mine are really comfortable especially since one of the under wires popped out and I took it out

I don't like underwires at all. I like plunge bras.
  •  

Dodie

I have to admit.. I don't wear one at home and I work at home.. with my ex... and she is like.. your nipples show do  not go out without a bra on.
When I get home I take off. 
Like any other woman.
At first it was fun and exciting.. now its just underwear..
Part of being cured..
Dodie
  •  

mac1

If I had breasts I would want to wear a bra to see what it is like.
?
  •  

ana1111

I hate it lol...if its really pretty and looks nice on me than I like that but bras are so uncomfortable
  •