Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

do you like wearing a bra

Started by evecrook, December 04, 2013, 02:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophiaBleu

I don't necessarily like wearing a bra. My boobs are pretty small. I have to wear one most days because my nipples poke through.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

jill610

I look forward to getting home from work and taking this bondage device off my chest.

Seriously though, they get hot and itchy and poke in sensitive places. At this point it's a necessary evil I suppose.

•  

mm

jill610, you may want to look for a better fitting bra.  The correct fitting bra shouldn't poke you anywhere and should almost feel like you don't have a bra on.
  •  

Ms Bev

One of the first things I did when I retired was to throw away all my bras.  Yes, it was exciting early on, but now I hate them.  Never catch me wearing one
1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: jill610 on February 14, 2019, 06:54:42 PM
I look forward to getting home from work and taking this bondage device off my chest.

Seriously though, they get hot and itchy and poke in sensitive places. At this point it's a necessary evil I suppose.

I think you have a bra that is too small. A properly fitting bra is supportive and comfortable.
  •  

Linde

Today I bought a pair of Jockey sports bras at Costco.  I am test wearing one of them currently.  They seem to be pretty comfortable, and feel as if they could be an all day affair!  They are slightly padded and protect my constantly hurting nipples pretty good!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

mm

Dietlind,  those sports bras are probably the best bras for you right now.  Glad you found them.
  •  

jill610

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 14, 2019, 07:13:46 PM
I think you have a bra that is too small. A properly fitting bra is supportive and comfortable.

No, I have a properly fitting bra thank you. Been fitted many times (most recently in December) and If anything they are slightly big since I'm a 34 D 1/2, technically and wear a 34DD since you always size up.

I have yet to find a cis woman who has a different take on the topic than I articulated... having an elastic band wrapped around your torso for 18+ hours a day is not exactly natural and you sweat, bloat, etc. underwires poke and get uncomfortable, and anything sitting on your skin for a long period of time will eventually irritate it especially if you have sensitive skin.

I get the novelty of it but after a while that wears off and it's no different than any other piece of clothing, at least in my experience.

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: jill610 on February 14, 2019, 08:40:35 PM
No, I have a properly fitting bra thank you. Been fitted many times (most recently in December) and If anything they are slightly big since I'm a 34 D 1/2, technically and wear a 34DD since you always size up.

I have yet to find a cis woman who has a different take on the topic than I articulated... having an elastic band wrapped around your torso for 18+ hours a day is not exactly natural and you sweat, bloat, etc. underwires poke and get uncomfortable, and anything sitting on your skin for a long period of time will eventually irritate it especially if you have sensitive skin.

I get the novelty of it but after a while that wears off and it's no different than any other piece of clothing, at least in my experience.
It's not a novelty for me. I transitioned in 2010.

If I don't wear one my I tend to get back aches, it's uncomfortable going down the stairs or basic moving around.

The underwire shouldn't be poking you. Yes a bra is restrictive because that is part of the support but it isn't a bondage device.

There are times I forget that I have a sports bra on and I find a bra with more then two clasps distributes the band a bit more evenly providing more comfort.

If you where fitted you should be fitted again especially if you gained weight because either your band is too small or your bra is wearing out and the wire is poking through the bra. The bra shouldn't be painful to wear.
  •  

jill610

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 14, 2019, 09:33:47 PM
It's not a novelty for me. I transitioned in 2010.

If I don't wear one my I tend to get back aches, it's uncomfortable going down the stairs or basic moving around.

Personally I would bring that up with my physician. That is NOT normal.

The underwire shouldn't be poking you. Yes a bra is restrictive because that is part of the support but it isn't a bondage device.

Reread my post...

I never said painful, I said uncomfortable after 18+ hours...

Underwires get uncomfortable after a days wear, especially when you actually need one. This is not news or new. If they did not, that would not commonly be used as (an effective) marketing device for underwire-free bras.

Oh and describing a bra as a bondage device is both tongue in cheek, common vernacular and a very literal description. Take it for what it is.

There are times I forget that I have a sports bra on and I find a bra with more then two clasps distributes the band a bit more evenly providing more comfort.

If you where fitted you should be fitted again especially if you gained weight because either your band is too small or your bra is wearing out and the wire is poking through the bra. The bra shouldn't be painful to wear.

telling a woman you don't know that she got fat and her bra doesn't fit properly after she told you plainly and clearly that it does is to me a bit rude and offensive. I think you mean well but you are wrong on both accounts.

I personally cannot imagine wearing a sports bra every day (been there, done that, no thanks), which is even more restrictive but do get the back pain aspect so whatever works for you...

•  

stephaniec

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: jill610 on February 14, 2019, 10:20:05 PM
Personally I would bring that up with my physician. That is NOT normal.

Reread my post...

I never said painful, I said uncomfortable after 18+ hours...

Underwires get uncomfortable after a days wear, especially when you actually need one. This is not news or new. If they did not, that would not commonly be used as (an effective) marketing device for underwire-free bras.

Oh and describing a bra as a bondage device is both tongue in cheek, common vernacular and a very literal description. Take it for what it is.

telling a woman you don't know that she got fat and her bra doesn't fit properly after she told you plainly and clearly that it does is to me a bit rude and offensive. I think you mean well but you are wrong on both accounts.

I personally cannot imagine wearing a sports bra every day (been there, done that, no thanks), which is even more restrictive but do get the back pain aspect so whatever works for you...
It's normal when they are big. It tends to happen most often while practicing my forms if I don't have adaquate support.

I must have misunderstood you when you elected for the word bondage device. I guess in my mind that equated to pain. Maybe where your from it's common verbiage. I'm not going to nitpick but that is where the breakdown in communication occurred. You want to talk about pain try a corset. LOL

Some bras can be uncomfortable at the end of the day but not all of them. What you are saying makes a little more sense now.

I didn't say you got fat. I'm not trying to argue with you here let's stay civil. I'm only pointing out that if you are retaining water a lot maybe have a more comfortable bra for one of those days. Also there is the possibility that the professional that did your original measurements made a mistake.

You don't wear a sports bra every day. You wear one when running, jogging, exercising and so on. I didn't think I had to go into super grand detail. I think I am going to simply back out of this topic and wish you good luck...
  •  

AnneK

QuoteSome bras can be uncomfortable at the end of the day but not all of them.

The only time I find my bras uncomfortable is on hot, sticky days.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

noleen111

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 14, 2019, 10:34:03 PM
You want to talk about pain try a corset. LOL

Some bras can be uncomfortable at the end of the day but not all of them. What you are saying makes a little more sense now.

I was told if a bra is umcomfortable or hurts you, then its either damaged or its the too small or too big (dont get enough support)

Get a professional fitting, I went for one and I was wearing the wrong size.. wow when you wear the right size.. the bra feels so comfortable.  Also most cis-women also wear the wrong bra size.. so we must not be ashamed.

A bra must not cut into you or leave strap marks after you take it off.

I have worn a corset, and they can get uncomfortable..I would not say hurt. I once wore one of those old school ones (with the laces at the back), i went to Victorian theme party and we had to dress up.. I dunno how the women did it in those days.. the corset is tight when done up right (mine was), you feel this pressure on you as you breath and you cant eat much.. but I can say my cleavage looked amazing..

after that.. the modern ones are a breeze
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: noleen111 on February 15, 2019, 06:46:17 AM
I was told if a bra is umcomfortable or hurts you, then its either damaged or its the too small or too big (dont get enough support)

Get a professional fitting, I went for one and I was wearing the wrong size.. wow when you wear the right size.. the bra feels so comfortable.  Also most cis-women also wear the wrong bra size.. so we must not be ashamed.

A bra must not cut into you or leave strap marks after you take it off.

I have worn a corset, and they can get uncomfortable..I would not say hurt. I once wore one of those old school ones (with the laces at the back), i went to Victorian theme party and we had to dress up.. I dunno how the women did it in those days.. the corset is tight when done up right (mine was), you feel this pressure on you as you breath and you cant eat much.. but I can say my cleavage looked amazing..

after that.. the modern ones are a breeze

I'm not the one saying they hurt. I got my head bit off for suggesting a remeasurement.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 15, 2019, 08:05:05 AM
I'm not the one saying they hurt. I got my head bit off for suggesting a remeasurement.
And I have my girlfriend (the young one who is doing my makeup) measure me and we try some of her older bras on me to determine cup size.  I feel it would be a waste of money to invest to much into a bra for me, because I try to loose weight, and my breasts are still growing.  Once I think that I have reached my target weight (or could swap weight with you  >:-)), i plan to visit FS to get the real deal fitted!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on February 15, 2019, 09:50:41 AM
And I have my girlfriend (the young one who is doing my makeup) measure me and we try some of her older bras on me to determine cup size.  I feel it would be a waste of money to invest to much into a bra for me, because I try to loose weight, and my breasts are still growing.  Once I think that I have reached my target weight (or could swap weight with you  >:-)), i plan to visit FS to get the real deal fitted!
8) sorry but I continue forward on the weight loss, I don't do weight gains anymore. You just have to get it done or pay for liposuction.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 15, 2019, 10:07:43 AM
8) sorry but I continue forward on the weight loss, I don't do weight gains anymore. You just have to get it done or pay for liposuction.
I don't think that liposuction works well with the love handle area.  It is better suited in ares with lots of fatty tissue deposit (Like the lower stomach area, or the butt.  Which means, this is not a very visible solution.

I mean you would not have to swap out all of it, we could split the difference.  Sounds fair?

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on February 15, 2019, 11:12:46 PM
I don't think that liposuction works well with the love handle area.  It is better suited in ares with lots of fatty tissue deposit (Like the lower stomach area, or the butt.  Which means, this is not a very visible solution.

I mean you would not have to swap out all of it, we could split the difference.  Sounds fair?
;D I'm sorry no. I still have roughly 44.3 pounds to go. It would hurt my mental self too much to be above 190 again.

It wasn't easy losing 46.4 pounds.
  •  

Russngrl

I was measured, surprised at my cup size.   I thought I was only an A, but the girl said I was between an A and a B.  She pulled out a B cup bra that extremely comfortable and actually fit!  It's now my goto bra.
  •