Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Any way to prevent penile shrinkage on hrt?

Started by Genzen, December 11, 2013, 02:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genzen

My partner is worried about my package shrinking. Is there any way to help prevent this when on hrt?
  •  

Jill F

All I've heard is "use it or lose it".   If you don't get full erections anymore, it will atrophy.  I personally don't care about this, and I no longer try to use it for penetration.  If you are worried, there are a variety of pumps out there to maintain it.   If I thought I was in danger of losing critical depth after SRS, I'd probably do that.   
  •  

Ashey

Ugh, this stuff is so frustrating. I really have no desire anymore to do anything with my penis, and it's a lot of work and physical discomfort to even try and get half an erection. Aren't there alternatives? I heard skin grafts, but how successful is that? Still not sure if I'm going through with SRS but I don't necessarily want to sabotage my chances of success if I do go for it...
  •  

Apples Mk.II

"Full Erections?"

To the hard rock point? I still have night erections, seeing something may raise it a bit, but when trying to get an on-demand erection I can't get to the maximum tension anymore (When you could crush rocks with it and cannot be bent). To get to that point I need a combination of phrostrate massage + front toy, and a mind working at full power.
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: Genzen on December 11, 2013, 02:33:51 PM
My partner is worried about my package shrinking. Is there any way to help prevent this when on hrt?

There will be shrinkage, but not enough to affect a good SRS outcome. And unless you've had an orchiectomy, I don't think there should be any worries. If it's exercised weekly then even better.
  •  

Flan

I wouldn't say there is as much risk in a couple years hrt in the sense of shrinkage as much as losing the psychological connection between genitals and sexuality/orgasm. (or so goes the version of use it or lose it I've heard)

Quote from: Joules on December 11, 2013, 10:56:49 PM
I'm no expert, but I think penile inversion is the most favored method.
There are a couple ways to make it but "pulldown" inversion with scrotal graft is the most common because its fairly easy to perform compared to oral grafts and all number of vaginal agenesis treatments. The reduction of hospital bed time is a big motivator in it also since it (inversion) reduces cost.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

Cindy

Surgeons who have an interest in post op woman having physically orgasmic post op lives 'suggest' regular masturbation as both a means of maintaining skin fluidity and brain-body connection.

Skin condition is linked to neo-vaginal depth. The rigours of post operative maintenance may decrease sexual desire and satisfaction so maintaining a body brain link is important.

Basically, if you can; enjoy yourself regularly, or get someone to do it for you. The latter is more preferable in my experience.
  •  

Oriah

now I'm curious.....if there was some shrinkage from a period of no sexual behavior, becoming heavily sexually active would reverse the atrophy, wouldn't it?
  •