Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

To The Guests in This Forum

Started by Tori, December 25, 2013, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

I don't want to take over this tread, but since you don't have enough posts to PM, I will ask you a question if you care to answer it. As you said you are planning to be around Susan's. You have done a lot in your transition and done a lot for trans people. Do you still get dysphoria feelings? It is something that I realized, very recently, that is really bothering me. What happens if I get through all that I can do to match body and mind? Do I still get that awful feeling of discomfort? Is it gone from your life or does it still bother you? I thought I had quieted it down when I went full time, but now it seems to be raging back, not socially but body wise. If you don't want to answer it is okay.
   I am so happy to hear that your brother is coming around. That is fantastic. I hope you are not estranged from anyone else you love.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

tgbrendaj

When I first started to transition, I figured I wanted to do the HRT (hormone replacement therapy) which included a pill that got rid of my testosterone, and a set of pills to give me the estrogen. I did this through the careful monitoring by an endocrinologist. I also went to a GID psych, at first to get a letter informing my Connecticut DMV that I was undergoing HRT and transitioning under the real life test guidelines. This was also for the Doctor recommendation, and after changing my name to a female name, the DMV would change the gender on my driver license (Connecticut doesn't require the surgery). Now as far as the transition went, there were just too many things to think about before I got the operation. Actually, I welcomed any reservation thoughts in my mind and considered them till I felt the OK to continue further on my journey. Getting the full SRS vaginoplasti is a serious step. There is post-op health related issues, living an irreversible life as a female with all the positive or negative perks that happen to cisgendered females, and willingness to get the operation regardless of the outcome being successful (90%) or problematic (10%). There's no way to sugarcoat the decision, it's an easy one ounce you've considered all the angles and are good with them. Now as far as the dysphoria issue was for me, I felt better continuing with the transition. But that's me. The way I see it, there is breast augmentation surgery (if needed), facial feminization surgery (if needed), getting an orchidectomy (cutting down the need for spyronolactone, and heavy estrogen medication), and if you still need to make yourself further congruent do the vaginoplasti (the big step). I remember when I said "the prayer" to myself one night when I was 14. I prayed to God to work a miracle on me and that when I woke up, I would discover that being a male was all a bad dream. I wanted to have my genitalia removed and enjoy living full time as a woman. By the time I was 50, I was 24/7 transitioning, at 52 it was time for the SRS. Alas, I did have some post-op difficulties. Being a progressing type 2 diabetic, my new genitalia suffered nuropathy. Vaginal stenting was very hard to do because of skeletal pubic bone problems. But all and all I'm happy and would do it again. I hope that has been helpful to you.
Brenda
  •  

tgbrendaj

After some thought, I will continue to the post-op section of Brenda. Occasionally I will see a cisgendered female who makes me ask myself, "Who am I kidding". I feel like a guy that's a girl, that's a guy, that's a girl (I heard that statement from Kate Bornstein at one of her talks.) Here's where I needed to take stock in who I am. I love technical things, motorcycles, a good campfire, Swiss army knives, wrenches and power tools. I like to build things, and do car and appliance repairs. My career was as an Electro-mechanical Manufacturing Engineer. On the other hand I like to dress up, wear makeup, and go to dances. In reality I consider myself as a soft butch woman. And that I am. Partnered with my very feminine post-op TS. I'm not a perfect 10, and I'm not the bag lady on the street. I'm somewhere in the middle and I'm very happy. Coming to that conclusion, I snap out of my pity party and carry on. I hope that helps you as well.
Brenda
  •  

HappyMoni

Brenda,
   Thanks for that response. I am only full time since June. I had FFS with which I had problems, some of which still need to be resolved. I have no doubt I want GCS and it is scheduled. My patience with having what I consider a birth defect between my legs is gone. My patience  is spent after all the years of hiding. I am basically very happy though. I just had a bad bout of dysphoria lately. I think it made me question if I will ever be free of that type  of feeling on a day to day basis once my operation is done. I am amazed  at how comfortable I feel socially. I didn't see that coming. I thought that might be an on going battle but it wasn't. To be honest, in trying to gather info from others who had GCS, I think I  read too much. I am happy for others who are getting their surgery, but I started to feel like mine was a million miles away. Call it jealousy or childish, whatever, but it triggered something for me. So I was curious about your experience. I know all the logical things that I should do, but this is an emotional thing and is not logical. I think we all have pity parties at times. I am trying to bring mine to a close fairly quickly. Enjoyed hearing more about you. Take care.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

tgbrendaj

Before I had my SRS, I used to get depressed when others I knew got their's. Once I had mine done, there was no more depression for me. Hey, take it easy, and it was fun talking with you. Seasons greetings BTW.
Brenda
  •  

HappyMoni

Thanks Brenda!   Enjoyed chatting with you too. See you around. Happy Holidays to you!
Moni

]
  •  

JulieAllana

Tori,
     It heartens me to know that there are others whose dysphoria was not crippling.  It helps me with some of my doubts.  I have only been on the transition journey for several weeks and at times the doubts which take the form of these moments where there is a deafening lack of a desire to transition.  They have so far been fleeting and the more I learn about myself and what is in front of me, the more determined I am to continue.  Just knowing that not all of us absolutely hated our bodies helps me so much.  I never hated my body (was never crazy about it but never hated it), I just want so much more, I want womanhood so badly I can taste it.

-Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

charley

I was a guest some 20 minutes ago but based on this post have joined you all in my journey. Taken me a long time but starting hrt hopefully this week. 

Many thanks Charley
  •  

nikkiannukts

Charley,

Welcome to our little corner of the universe.

The original post really sums it up.   Great people and debate - they help me daily with their thoughts.

Nikki
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: charley on April 02, 2018, 04:01:55 PM
I was a guest some 20 minutes ago but based on this post have joined you all in my journey. Taken me a long time but starting hrt hopefully this week. 

Many thanks Charley

Hi @charley 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica. 

I see your new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

If you are one of our younger members, feel free to stop by the Youth Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

charley

Jessica, NikkI

Thanks for your welcome and the links. Being based in the UK the resources are there if you look hard enough but Susan's Place eclipses them all in my opinion.

I will introduce my self in time after I have settled in.

Goon night and God bless

Charley xx

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: charley on April 02, 2018, 04:30:38 PM
Jessica, NikkI

Thanks for your welcome and the links. Being based in the UK the resources are there if you look hard enough but Susan's Place eclipses them all in my opinion.

I will introduce my self in time after I have settled in.

Goon night and God bless

Charley xx

@ Charley:  Welcome aboard.   
When you have settled in, I will be waiting for you in the Introductions Forum
See you there when you are ready.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

ReubyLouise

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on December 12, 2015, 01:14:54 PM
That was a great post Tori.  I lurked here for about six months in 1997 and one day I created an account, tentatively made a post and was here until life got in the way a few years later.  I've looked in occasionally since then but decided, for a multitude of reasons, to sign up again a little over a month ago.  So yes to the guests, create an account and jump in.

Hi BeverlyAnn. I joined a few hours ago.  I tried a few times and it did not take, but finally I am in.  I went to check out the mtf ts topics and found this.  I just discovered this while doing a google search, so I never lurked. I have been pre op since 1990. Lots of ups and downs.

You look familiar. Ever been in Portland or SF Bay Area?

With love, ReubyLouise
  •  

ReubyLouise

Quote from: HappyMoni on December 04, 2016, 07:44:26 PM
Hi Brenda,
   Sorry, I was out of town. I really liked your letter. You are an inspiring person and I hope you will stick around here at Susan's. I have been extremely lucky not having experienced the nasty comment or laugh (maybe a stare or snicker a time or two.) Either people here are conservative but tolerant,  or I pass better than I think I do. I am also fortunate to work in a school for kids with special needs, so my workplace has been wonderful as far as being accepting. Guess when someone gets nasty it will hit hard. I have an eye to educating people as well. I am very open to questions from people. I think it is the best way to gain allies and show folks that we are real, feeling people who bleed red blood like everyone else.
Moni

Hi Moni, I think you look better than I do. As long as you appear confident and look like you belong where you are, no one will question it. I attended a community college for several years and I was a club officer to two clubs and at one time a senator, elected by the students.  I never had a problem with any of the girls. I was just one of them. I always say you only have one life to live. So live it and don't hide it.

With love, ReubyLouise
  •  

ReubyLouise

Thanks Tori for posting this and for all the other members and guests posting on here. I have really enjoyed it.

With love, ReubyLouise
  •  

KimOct

Tori - Your opening post was amazing.  I never read this thread because I was never a guest.  I joined on my first visit having been on a different forum in the past.

I wish every guest read your opening post.  It was everything I have always wanted to say to guests.  I am glad that as of this posting there are 31,000 views.

Well done.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

Linde

Quote from: KimOct on February 25, 2019, 02:31:27 AM
Tori - Your opening post was amazing.  I never read this thread because I was never a guest.  I joined on my first visit having been on a different forum in the past.

I wish every guest read your opening post.  It was everything I have always wanted to say to guests.  I am glad that as of this posting there are 31,000 views.

Well done.
Thank you for bumping this up Kim.
I am like you, I had not read it!  And it is so very true!

Thank you Tori for writing this!

02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Stepheewt

With all the crazy things that happen in my head since I was younger, it's amazing to see people who seem to understand what this feeling is. Some days I feel like I can't go on. Life is a lie and I can't change it. Why was I so stupid to not have just pushed through my feelings as a teenager taken the steps when I had an opportunity to. I was afraid to death then and frankly looking back had almost nothing to lose. Now I have my family to lose, that's very scary. In the end you can't go back and change the past. All you can do is keep moving forward with today. Thanks to all who post and let me see there are others.
Always look forward because the past will never change.
  •