Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

To The Guests in This Forum

Started by Tori, December 25, 2013, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tori

I warmly thank you for being out there.

It is nice to know there are people like I was not too long ago, reading and researching. This is not a step in life to be taken lightly. I realize now, I was bitten rather lightly by the dysphoria bug, compared to some of our wisest and most epic posters.

Transition is not for everybody. If it is for you, you WILL know. It may not be your time. It may never. Transition may not even be why you are perusing this place. It does not matter. Thank you for your interest. I hope you learn something from our awesomely unique community.

Us trans folk are easily misunderstood. In the LGBT community, we trans folk include all trans LG and B into our T as well as QA... XY and Z. We are not as easy to categorize. We are not easily understood from an outsider's perspective. There aren't as many of us, yet we are the mirror image of cis folk. We have unique members of the Trans community who fit into each and every letter of that acronym... and yet, most of us just wish to fade into the crowd. We do not look for a soap box to preach from. We just wish to go our own way, help a few newbies, and then go on with our own life as if we had lived this way all along.

So, guests. Thank you for visiting. Feel free to make an account. We accept most anybody. There is a learning curve here. Be prepared to say the "Wrong" thing a few times. Do not let it bring you down. We will let you know if and when you do. Feel welcome though. Listen. Pay attention. Learn. Enjoy. Remember, we were all guests once, except for Susan... and even Susan was a newbie somewhere.

•  

Devlyn

A very nice post, Tori. I hope you've given someone the little boost they need to create an account and help us help others. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Tori

'Twas the only Christmas gift I could afford.

Thank you.

:)

•  

Devlyn

It's a wonderful gift. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Tori

I feel like a girl right now.

Thank you.

•  

Ltl89

Great post!  We were all guests at one point.  I started lurking here back in 2008.  At that I was 19 (I think) and was ready to start my transition.  Suffice it to say, I had many difficulties which led me to delaying my goal.  Now, I'm back and a member.  It's weird, but this site was very helpful to me as a guest even though it took me forever to face the music and move forward. 
  •  

stephaniec

Well, thanks, I just started my transition and need a lot of help moving forward . I appreciate the warm welcom
  •  

kathyk

I love the post Tori.  It's terribly important to talk to the Guests once in a while, and let them know we're giving advice to them as we provide it to the girls who already have an account.  I adore the girls here, but feel a little jealous at times, and envious about some of their progress as it compares to mine.  ;)
But I'm so glad I'm here.

I read these treads long before signing up on Susan's, and I felt inferior to the girls who had the will to become part of the discussion.  And then one day someone else posted a thread asking Guest who lingered, or loitered about to join in.  It still took a few weeks for me to set up that first account way back in April or May of 2012, but once I was online here my eyes opened, I asked questions, and got honest answers.  The girls here never said I wasn't genuine, or true to my gender.  And they never berated or accused me of anything else.

So yes.  Guests, please open up and ask us questions.  We'll happily give answers.

K

•  

Roberta W

Hi!  Regarding Tori's post to the visitors ... I would also like to invite you to visit the "androgyne talk" section .... There are many of us out there who started there while figuring out if full-time transition was in the cards, or BA or SRS ... or whatever.  Tori is right ... You will know, maybe not today, but some day.  And this step in life is not to be taken lightly, that is why there are so many categories in this site ... non-transitioning, pre-op, post-op, androgyne, etc.  Explore them all and you may find that there is a niche that fits you perfectly today!  Roberto
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Tori on December 26, 2013, 05:55:55 AM
'Twas the only Christmas gift I could afford.

Thank you.

And a precious gift it is!

JulieBlair

This is the place I come to when I am anxious or afraid.  Even before I felt comfortable enough to join the conversation.  I felt accepted by the women here, and even a little bit pretty just by reading and accepting your generosity.
Thank You
I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy.  :D
Full Time 18 June 2014
Esprit can be found at http://espritconf.com/
  •  

Tori

It is time to give this ancient thread a bump.

Guests, feel free to join the community!

Welcome, all of you!!!

•  

katrinaw

:eusa_clap:

Nice and is needed, well done Tori  :-*

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

ImagineKate

I, too was a long time lurker.

This place gave me the courage to jump into the pool, and thanks to you ladies and gents I am now well on my way to being who I really am.
  •  

Eveline

When I first considered transitioning, I was a Guest for about a year before creating an account. Then I posted a couple of times, chickened out because  I thought I didn't have anything to add, and went into hiding during the rest of my transition.

I didn't realize that just asking questions is important - everyone benefits from the answers. :)

So. Guests, please feel encouraged to create an account and ask away! Even if your question has been asked and answered many times, there is value in having it "bumped to the top" for newer folks to see...
Eveline

Twitter: @evelineacarr
Facebook: eveline.a.carr
LinkedIn: evelinecarr

•  

bibilinda

Excellent post, Tori.

I was a guest for quite some time, and even though I finally signed up and all, more than a year after I had started HRT actually, I still consider myself a guest, even though this year is going to be my 5th anniversary since I signed up, because when I'm here, I spend way more time reading and learning stuff from so many different people and different lives and experiences, than the time I spend posting stuff myself, because I still know so very little compared to the immense knowledge-base poured out into this great web site, throughout the years it has existed.

I think this topic should be a Sticky Topic both on here and all the other main forums on the web site. They could use this very one post from Tori, or create their own version, from a member of the specific forum, with similar welcoming and inviting words. IDK how to request formally for a topic to become a Sticky Topic, so this response is my vehicle to do that. I hope others do it as well!

Cheers

Bibi B.
  •  

Jayne

Quote from: Tori on March 10, 2015, 12:09:49 AM
It is time to give this ancient thread a bump.

Guests, feel free to join the community!

Welcome, all of you!!!

Instead of bumping the thread up I think it should be made a sticky topic. Pin it up there for all guests to see
  •  

Tori

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I could ask to have this stickied but I kind of feel weird asking to get my own thread sticked, and since I am not a global mod or admin, I probably shouldn't do it myself.

•  

Eveline

Haha, Tori, I was thinking the same thing about the sticky. Not sure about the etiquette. I'm happy to ask a global mod to do it. PM me with who you think is best?
Eveline

Twitter: @evelineacarr
Facebook: eveline.a.carr
LinkedIn: evelinecarr

•  

Jill F

I would like to thank all of the guests on this forum for browsing here and right now I would like to ask all of you to consider membership.   With a membership, you can contribute to the discussions, ask and answer questions, consider subscribing or donating to help with our monthly operating costs, or even volunteer your time as a staff member.   

As a community, transgender people have made significant advancements in recent times, but until we are given proper recognition and rights worldwide, there are plenty of battles ahead of us.   There are some battles that must be fought in courthouses, state assemblies and in federal jurisdictions, but the battle against ignorance can be fought right here.

Please sign up, sign in and join the party.   The more voices we have, the louder they will be heard.
  •