News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

~ Poll! What are your views on the gender of clothing?? ~

Started by Stella Stanhope, January 03, 2014, 05:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella Stanhope

Ello ello everyone!
As well as embarking upon my own road (though in painfully slow stages due to NHS waiting lists), I'm also fascinated by gender studies myself, and have been since before I acknowledged my own related issues. Here's a few simple questions, as I'm helping to compile a mini study with a friend who's doing gender studies at uni. Any answers would be great and most helpful :) The questionnaire will be up for five days. I've answered them myself, and I found the questions quite interesting, its always fun finding out new things about yourself, or gaining greater clarity.

>Which gender do you identify?
   Male      Female     Third Gender      Neutral      Queer       Flexible      Other (please explain)

>How do you feel this gender emotionally, mentally and physically in your body?

>Do you temporarily or permanently modify your body to embody your gender identity?

>What does being female sexed mean to you?

>What does femininity as gender mean to you?

~        ~         ~

>Is there particular clothing and practices of dress you associate with being female sexed?

>How do your practices of feminine dress reflect in your gender identity and/or born sex?

>Do you think there are any outside influences on your idea of femininity and dress, such as upbringing, media influence, etc?

>Do you dress yourself to appear feminine &/or female? What particular practices of dress do you perform and what relation does this have to your idea of femininity and feminine dress?

Thanks for taking the time for answering, btw!
Oh, and feel free to post pics of your clothes, yourself in clothes or just pics of the type of clothes you feel or would like to wear.
There are no more barriers to cross... But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis... I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

When you find yourself hopelessly stuck between the floors of gender - you make yourself at home in the lift.
  •