Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What kind of Products do you use?

Started by no_id, July 09, 2007, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of Products do you use?

Grooming: I don't use those kind of products (I smell good on my own).
2 (9.5%)
Grooming: Women's
5 (23.8%)
Grooming: Both
12 (57.1%)
Grooming: I don't use those kind of products (I smell good on my own).
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

no_id

For some reason we were discussing grooming products in #Chat, and as I looked at my own little collection I noticed how I seem to use a mix of women's and men's products (men's deoderant, women's perfume etc). Therefore, being rather silly, I decided to create this lightminded poll in order to see if anything interesting will come out. ;)
  •  

Kendall

I use  men's and women's deoderants. Men's shaving electric razor. Woman's body wash.

Ken
  •  

Pica Pica

I use women's bath stuff, cos it smells of strawberries and makes me smell of strawberries. Which is good. I have female pedicure stuff too, because I walk a lot and have manky leathery feet - they are softening up a bit. I use toner and moisteriser and stuff, and non perfumed soap and shampoo if I am showering. I only use women's deodrant because the men stuff gets my throat, but I only use men's after-shave and never perfume for the same reason. Oh and hand cream, because I'm a waiter I got some calluses I want to get rid of.
  •  

Prince_Eric

I use both. I use what ever i like (and have money for) at the time. I have mens shower gell, womans perfumes, mens or womans shampoo depending on what it smells like. I honestly comes down to what i like and what smells good on me.
  •  

Tay

Most of my grooming products are female, due to the fact that any scents but fruit scents tend to cause me respiratory issues.

I have makeup and hair products for doing my hair and makeup for photoshoots and anything that isn't unscented is strawberry, watermelon, or guava.

I do, however, have a stick of guys' deodorant that I wear when I go fully boy for costume purposes, so my fruit doesn't destroy the illusion.
  •  

Laurry

I use both.  Ladies' bath products, deodorant and perfume, Men's electric razor and (sometimes) cologne, non-gendered shampoo, toothpaste.  The makeup and nail polish doesn't say it is for women, but...ya know.

...Laurry
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •  

Shana A

I buy natural shampoo, deodorant, etc. These products are mostly non-gendered. I have male electric razor for face, when I shaved my legs (which I don't do anymore), I used a women's razor for that.

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

no_id

Heh I think it's pretty interesting, (and my expectations were met), that the majority seems to use products for both without caring who it's for, but more likely focusing on the product's effect (like Pica Pica pointed out nicely).  ;D

Makes me wonder how this poll would do on other forums since whenever I pull out a flask of men's deoderant everyone around me goes "Why do you use men's?!?!?!", and answering them "Because uh I like the smell better?..." doesn't seem to confuse them less.  ::)
  •  

Louise

Most of the personal care products I use are androgynous and I share many of these with my wife.  My wife and I use the same body wash--whatever the flavor of the month is.  The one we are using now is a cucumber melon.  We also use the same shampoo and hairspray.  We each use our own brand of facial cleanser. I use a women's razor to shave my legs and underarms and a men's razor to shave my face.  I use Dove moisturizer on my face and an unscented bath power on my body.  I do not regularly use perfumes or deodorants.  Neither does my wife.

One of the things that changed for me when I started crossdressing on a more regular basis was that I also started to pay much more attention to facial cleansers and moisturizers.  This is something I wish I had done years ago.
  •  

Pica Pica

Anyone ever used that mint shampoo? lovely stuff.
  •  

no_id

Quote from: Pica Pica on July 09, 2007, 05:55:27 PM

Wasn't there this head&shoulders one?... With mint and eucalyptus (spelling?)?
I liked that one.... Except for when I got it in my eyes.  :-X
  •  

Pica Pica

Quote from: no_id on July 09, 2007, 06:09:58 PM

Wasn't there this head&shoulders one?... With mint and eucalyptus (spelling?)?
I liked that one.... Except for when I got it in my eyes.  :-X

Red eyes are a small loss for bouncy hair :) Or at least when I had hair it was. I am now mainly sideburn.
  •  

Kat

I use Suave Lavender and Vanilla body wash, love the smell
Garnier for shampoo, also smells lovely, kinda like watermelon
Rasberry scented shaving gel for my legs
My deoderant is women's and like Laura I've found that most male deoderants didn't work to well, but the kind I use works great and smells like my body wash.
  •  

no_id

Red eyes are a small loss for bouncy hair :) Or at least when I had hair it was. I am now mainly sideburn.

Heh I just wear mine in a ponytail or up 24/7, and it's bound to be cut again. We'll see what kind of shampoo I'll end up with then ;) Evidentially, one that makes my hair less curly... hmm...

Quote from: Kat on July 09, 2007, 06:14:37 PM
I use Suave Lavender and Vanilla body wash, love the smell
Garnier for shampoo, also smells lovely, kinda like watermelon
Rasberry scented shaving gel for my legs

Damn Kat, you must smell like a flowery fruit basket ;)
  •  

Kat

hehe  :P

my parents don't use scented stuff, and I used to use the same type of stuff they used.  So I think I went a little overboard when I was able to buy my own stuff.  ;D
  •  

DRAIN

i answered "both" but i think i might change it back to "men's"....i use either lavender soap or the dollar-tree version of axe body wash (the yellow axe smells good, and its sparkly!), and a brand of perfume www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com that has lots of themed scents, and i tend towards the woodsy musky masculine ones  ;D. i guess bath powder is a more girly thing....but then i use unscented lotion. of course when the mood strikes me i've been known to use candy apple scented stuff, and more lavender (though lavender is a traditionally male scent, at least in victorian times)

wow, i really rambled hehe. i love soap!
-=geboren um zu leben=-

•