Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sketches or finished pieces?

Started by Colleen♡Callie, March 05, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen♡Callie

So I'm more one of those artist that will often use up the entire page with many different rough sketches, many times overlapping each other.  I love these pages and sketches.  They are when I seem the most free and seem to bring the most gesture and personality into the sketches.  It also makes it a lot of fun to back and look at old sketch books, and rediscover neat little doodles and sketches you've forgotten about.

My weakness however is working towards a finished polished piece.  I'm slowly learning to keep and get that freedom I have when randomly doodling and sketching into finished pieces, but it's a huge uphill battle.

So which is your strength?  Random unpolished sketches?  Or finished pieces?  Or are you one of the lucky ones that do both with equal ease?
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

Lauren5

I get you on the issues with finishing pieces, projects in general. Probably something to do with ADHD, or perhaps loving to create, not necessarily complete, or a combination of both.

The rough sketch is definitely my strength. In art class junior year of high school, my final drafts of drawings were actually worse than the sketches, even if I had traced them onto the final paper.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

Quote from: Willow on March 05, 2014, 10:23:00 PM
The rough sketch is definitely my strength. In art class junior year of high school, my final drafts of drawings were actually worse than the sketches, even if I had traced them onto the final paper.

This.  I'm very slowly getting better, but yeah.  The second I even turn the same sketch into a finished pieced it loses its gesture and personality and becomes strangely rigid, even if all I did was darken the lines to clean it up.
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•