Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How to detransition ?

Started by bingunginter, January 25, 2014, 01:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingunginter

I mean easily.
My excuse is :
1. Lazy
2. Too much has been invested
3. Its hard, kinda already addicted to it.
  •  

Joanna Dark

That's a good question. I mean if I decided to detranstion and I don't know how it would work cause I have come so far. I'm so femme now and once I get laser I feel like I will have passed a point of no return. This is why I keep putting it off because it really will kill my ability to pass as male if I have to, which is already very,. very hard. I know this sounds snotty but I am having trouble finding work and am very worried. I'm on probation for another year and half so I'm not sure if I can change my name until then. Gawd. Ugh. Ack.
  •  

retransition

Speaking as someone who is doing this, you are right - it is a hell of a lot to go through all over again and in some ways feels harder than originally transitioning in the first place.  If you feel that it is too much trouble and you are relatively happy as you currently are then you just have to weigh the pros and cons for yourself.  Also, you can do what I am doing and over a longish period of time making a few moves in that direction if they feel right and if so try a few more.  I guess, more than anything, just keep an open mind and be true to yourself.  No decisions should be made overnight. Again in my case it took me a few years to decide this is what I really wanted.
retransition.org
"I don't know, I'm making this up as I go!"
Indiana Jones
  •