Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Kombucha

Started by Thundra, July 12, 2007, 02:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like kombucha drink?

I loves me some kombucha
3 (10%)
I detest kombucha
0 (0%)
what the hell is kombucha?
24 (80%)
I can take it or leave it.
2 (6.7%)
Kombucha is the drink of the devil
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Thundra

Kombucha is a HUGE health fad up here in the NW.  I was wondering if any of you had tried it?
And if you had tried it, if you liked it?
  •  

katia

i'm afraid i don't know what kombucha is?  is it related to ann coulter's favorite drink? (the one it's shown on the youtube video i posted?)  >:D
  •  

Thundra

Quoteis it related to ann coulter's favorite drink?

No, kombucha  has the venom of at least three snakes, a tarantula, and a scorpion added in.
  •  

Nero

Seriously? Is it part of some ancient ritual?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

tinkerbell

I think Nero is right; there's this potion in SA made with.....umm....never mind...what is it, Thundra?

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

RebeccaFog

Never heard of it.

Please bring me some.

Your friend,

Rebecca
  •  

Suzy

Sure!

Here is the south, we freeze it and slice it for sandwiches.

Kristi
  •  

Thundra

QuoteHere is the south, we freeze it and slice it for sandwiches.

No, you are thinking of vegemite!

Thank K-grrrl for taking an otherwise banal thread and turning it into another circus.
Did ya ever notice the circus is never far behind Katia?
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Thundra on July 12, 2007, 09:31:46 PM
Thank K-grrrl for taking an otherwise banal thread and turning it into another circus.
Did ya ever notice the circus is never far behind Katia?
Yes, I'm afraid I've noted that as well. I think her booth has misty drapes, incense burning, and a crystal ball.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Dennis

Yummy. I'll have a nice tall glass of bacteria poo please. No ice.

Dennis
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Never heard of it.

But if it's popular, you can bet Coke and Pepsi are bidding on it.

Talking about weird drinks, think about beer.  I mean who was the first person that said "Hey, let's mix this grain, these weeds, some sugar and water, let the crap spoil. strain the liquid out and drink it?

Beverly
  •  

Thundra

QuoteI mean who was the first person that said "Hey, let's mix this grain, these weeds, some sugar and water, let the crap spoil.

Exactly!  I love it cause it tastes like beer, it's good for you, and I can stay on the wagon.
(slipped up the other day)   You best believe that the big boys want to get their hands on it.
  •  

Dennis

Ooh, it tastes like beer? Gimme some o' that bacteria poo.

Dennis
  •  

Jay

Kombucha.... what????

•  

Pica Pica

isn't most alcohol mostly bacteria poo anyway?
  •  

Dennis

Quote from: Pica Pica on July 13, 2007, 02:56:35 PM
isn't most alcohol mostly bacteria poo anyway?

Good point. I guess I've never objected to a nice frosty glass of it.

Dennis
  •  

Pica Pica

you got a favourite beer? I love a nice dark porter
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Kiera on July 12, 2007, 07:26:52 PM
excrement mass??

Ewwwwwww...no, but something equally disgusting...saliva!  :eusa_sick:  BTW I was referring to the Aguaruna tribe in the Amazon of Peru.

•  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Wikipedia
A review of the published literature on the safety of kombucha suggests no specific oral toxicity in rats, although other reports suggest that care should be taken in humans when combined with medical drugs, hormone replacement therapy, etc. Indeed, if kombucha contributes to increased drug clearance via beta-glucuronidase inhibition, then kombucha consumption might likely alter the effectiveness of many medications,

So according to this, kombucha may decrease the effectiveness of HRT?  Hmmm, for a lot of people here I'll bet that kills any desire for it.

Beverly
  •  

Suzy

Quote from: Tink on July 13, 2007, 05:42:52 PM
Quote from: Kiera on July 12, 2007, 07:26:52 PM
excrement mass??

Ewwwwwww...no, but something equally disgusting...saliva!  :eusa_sick:  BTW I was referring to the Aguaruna tribe in the Amazon of Peru.

Excrement mass?  Is that church for poop?
  •