Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

PantheaCon 2014

Started by Constance, February 18, 2014, 10:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance

PantheaCon 2014 was another wonderful thing, and this time I was able to experience it as a coven member and first-degree Wiccan priestess. I had the opportunity to serve in one ritual in this new role as priestess, and was asked to help bless and ground a witch after she completed one ritual and before she began another.

At a ritual for queer deities and deities who are there for queer persons in particular, there was a powerful statement by the priestess who was embodying the Morrighan. She castigated all those who'd thrown trans persons under the bus, excluding us for our gender identities. I wept like I hadn't in a very long time and receieved much blessing as a result, being approached by not only the Morrighan but three other deity figures in that ritual as they reached out to offer me care.

This is also a thing I can share with my gender fluid sencond-born, as they are Pagan/Wiccan as well.

More details of my 'con experiences can be found here: doubleinvert | PantheaCon 2014

Melitta

I am so happy to hear that you had such a pleasant experience. I am also happy to know that Pantheocon is changing its common view surrounding transinclusion. Thank you for sharing this with us and congratulations on being able to participate in your new role and function.

May the Gods shine brightly upon you,

Melitta Stafford
"The age of Socratic man is past: crown yourselves with ivy, grasp the thyrsus and do not be amazed if tigers and panthers lie down fawning at your feet. Now dare to be tragic men, for you will be redeemed. You shall join the Dionysiac procession from India to Greece! Gird yourselves for a hard battle, but have faith in the miracles of your god!"
- Friedrich Nietzsche
  •