Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

_

Started by Murdercakes~, February 18, 2014, 10:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murdercakes~

_
_
  •  

helen2010

I agree with you that laser has been as effective as it can be.  If you only have white or blond hairs then electrolysis is required.  Electrolysis effectiveness varies by method, intensity and the skill of the operator.

First you indicated that the remaining hairs are relatively fine - this is a good thing as less current and or time will be needed to destroy and to remove the follicle.

Second you are using thermolysis.  This method is much quicker but also less effective than multi probe galvanic.  While effectiveness does vary according to the skill of the operator and the intensity of the current you should get great results and at worst between 30 and 40 per cent regrowth.  If you were using galvanic it would be slower, more painful and more effective with at worst 5 and 10 per cent regrowth.  Galvanic would typically cause more swelling/skin reaction.

Either method works and each has their advocates.  I prefer galvanic but if it isn't available locally at the time you need then if the operator is skilled (perhaps ask to talk to other patients) thermolysis should be fine.

Prices will vary by location and level of competition but the price you are being charged does not seem to be outrageous.

Hairs will be missed.  As their numbers decrease they will become more obvious.  Depending upon how quickly the hairs grow it may be worthwhile not shaving for up to 3 days prior to treatment.

Remember hairs grow, then become dormant until they enter another growth cycle so it will take time to remove the final hairs.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy!
  •