Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

95 days to go...!

Started by Ms Grace, February 27, 2014, 08:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie D

Grace's "sensible" shoes tell be she has a keen mind for detail and likes to have a plan.

A such, she will follow her plan and go full time on schedule.
  •  

Ms Grace

86 days...

Today was a fairly significant day - I broke the 78 kilos (172 lbs) barrier for the first time in years... woo!

I also managed to pay off the outstanding amount of $$$ I owed my father (which he had loaned to me eight and a half years ago to help me convince the bank to give me a mortgage). I decided it would be a wise course of action in case of Ma-and-Pa-maggedon when I out myself to them, just saves things from being difficult or complicated. It's not like I had the money to give him, had to top up my mortgage and just transferred the difference, but at least I'm not financially in debt to him.

Actually had lunch with the folks today, they wanted to celebrate my birthday from a couple of days ago. It was a pretty laid back affair, as usual my mother and I did most of the talking. My father isn't much of a talker, never has been. It's things like this that make me feel like I'm never going to transition. Never. Or at least, never tell them about it. gah!

It was a good lunch but I really needed to get myself in a better frame of mind when I got home so I tried on the various clothes and shoes I bought recently... here's a selfie-montage!

I would call these my work clothes series! Shame I'm not smiling in the first and the last one is a bit blurry. My selfie skills are crap!

So the first two are me in pants - my god, I think I actually pass wearing pants. If you had told me that a year ago when I was thinking about retransition I would never have believed you! Despite my height they actually fit perfectly. I like wearing the camisole under a loose buttoned blouse or top, that's definitely a "look" for me I think.

So, the skirt - I love this thing! And it goes great with the black tights and boots. Will need to find what kind of tops I can get to go with it. The jacket is for when winter arrives!

Quote from: Cindy on March 09, 2014, 01:32:36 AM
I'm proud of you Grace and you have great taste in shoes.

Thanks, Cindy!  ;D

Quote from: Cindy on March 09, 2014, 01:32:36 AM
Mmm lets see, before Easter I reckon :-* ;D

Quote from: Jamie D on March 09, 2014, 01:47:31 AM
Grace's "sensible" shoes tell be she has a keen mind for detail and likes to have a plan.

A such, she will follow her plan and go full time on schedule.

You're forgetting my sparkly pumps, Jamie!

Looks like Jessica's prediction of a betting pool for the real date of me going full time is becoming a reality!  :laugh:
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Ms Grace

85 days...

Three hours under the electrologist's needle this afternoon...yippee! But it actually wasn't too bad, or at least not as bad as some previous recent sessions. It's really odd how sometimes it's worse than others even though she uses the same settings and equipment. Anyway, now have just about all of the cheeks and front of the chin cleared. Still have a substantial part of the moustache to go and under the chin including part of the neck. How many hours to go...?? sigh.

My issue about not going full time until there's more beard removed has been because my face is a wreck after a session. Apart from being swollen and blotchy I can't shave the area for a few days afterwards so it's pretty hairy. Nor can I apply make up. ugh. I really don't want to be trying to present as female, using public transport and going to work with that happening every couple of weeks.

But I think I've worked out how I can go full time and continue with the sessions...and that would be by going mostly full time. My appointments are almost always on Fridays, so I can arrange it that I take a leave day on the Friday and work from home on the Monday, everything has usually healed and looks OK by the Tuesday when I shave off surrounding bristle. If I needed to go out the door in the mean time I'd just do it in dude mode but it wouldn't effect anything to do with me being full time at work.

I'm also down to do two three hour session for a few Fridays, so that's six hours of pain which will hopefully get me over the finish line a bit faster.

The things we do, the things we do! :-\
Grace
  •  

Jenny07

So you didn't like my idea?

Oh well.
Hope you face recovers quickly. Mine is nearly back to normal after Saturday session. So the 4 days is just about right. :-\

So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Skyler

I like the last picture the best :)
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: Jenny07 on March 10, 2014, 04:55:18 AM

What idea was that? Sorry, can't remember. :)

Quote from: Skyler Lusk on March 10, 2014, 06:08:55 AM
I like the last picture the best :)

Thanks, me too! I was getting progressively more silly with the selfies and as a result they look a bit more relaxed and natural which helps...
Grace
  •  

Ms Grace

84 days...

Got a lovely birthday card today from a gal pal I outed myself to last month - female themed and addressed to "Dear Grace"... what an awesome friend. Made me feel great  :D

I told another work colleague today - she has casual hours and works remotely from home so never needs to come into the office, I've been her unofficial supervisor and support for the past five years so we have a good, albeit distant, working relationship conducted via email or phone. She's going on vacation (to the States) for five weeks and I have a sneaking suspicion I may be going full-time at work before she returns (my first admission that 84 days might be too far away). I figured she ought to know about me becoming Grace before she gets back! She was very happy and excited for me, saying she had two F2M trans* friends. She is gay herself so I generally expected she'd be OK with my transition.
Grace
  •  

Ms Grace

83 days...

Told my boss today that the timeline for my full time transition at work was likely to be well before my originally predicted date of early June. She reiterated that the process and timing of coming out at work is completely mine to decide. It's starting to drive me a bit nuts - I don't feel dysphoric but I increasingly feel I'm not being seen as myself, that every time they use my male name or he/him/his that they getting it wrong. :( Grace is clearly getting impatient to be known but it does make me feel a bit sad for dude me, a nice enough guy but a goner.

Quote from: Jenny07 on March 10, 2014, 04:55:18 AM

Oh you mean this idea...?

Has merit I suppose!
Grace
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Welcome to the express lane, Grace.
I always knew it was a going to be a matter of when, not if, you won't last the 90 days.   ;D
A bit of concealer will hide the electro issue.

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Cindy

Hey guess who is coming out -------today, tomorrow or next monday sounds good?
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Ms Grace on March 12, 2014, 06:30:21 AM
83 days...

Hi Grace! Isn't this a typo? Shouldn't it read 83 seconds?*giggles* ;D
  •  

Jenny07

Oh you mean this idea...?

Has merit I suppose!

Bit hard to wipe the smile from your face ;D
  •  

Ms Grace

82 days...

Had dinner tonight with a couple of women friends - we went to a Thai restaurant and I'm now wondering if that was a good idea given Thai people seem to be overly familiar with trans women, pretty sure the wait staff had me pegged. :P Had a good night, all the same.

Going to speak to a counsellor tomorrow about my timeline for transition and the likelihood to doing it sooner rather than later.
Grace
  •  

Joan

I wonder what your counsellor will say :)

Incidentally it was Thai food that finally got me past my phobia of hot spicy foods, and I absolutely love it now  :laugh:
Only a dark cocoon before I get my gorgeous wings and fly away
Only a phase, these dark cafe days
  •  

Ms Grace

Thai food is great, Australia has a fairly diverse cuisine culture (or at least in the major cities) and you can't walk down some streets without passing ten or more Thai restaurants!

I should have added, when the waitress came to collect our plates at the end she asked "is there anything else I can get you, ladies?"...heehee, she called me a lady!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Grace
  •  

Ms Grace

81 days... 10 days to go!

So yeah, a fairly momentous day. I spoke with the gender counsellor and weighed up my options about coming out at work... when and how to do it and to start full time. Having previously thought I wouldn't be ready until June I've seriously reevaluated my progress since starting to go out as Grace and outing myself to friends, etc. I have been able to pass quite well, honestly far better than I would have expected. Yes, I still have to tell my family, the biggest and scariest aspect of this... or at least that's how it looks from here, guess I'll know soon enough because I intend them before I start full time at work. And that will be on Monday March 24th. Spoke with the boss today, she already knew I was transitioning but this was to tell her my date and how I wanted to proceed - she's behind me 100%. I'm going to tell staff next week (there aren't many people where I work and a few already know), the following week I'll be there as Grace.

OMG!
Grace
  •  

Jenny07

•  

Cindy

Congratulations Sister!!!

Yeh another Aussie girl hits her straps.

Now about Jenny? Mmmmmmmmm
  •  

Jenny07

Warm up your pokers and get your whips ready.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Jenny07 on March 14, 2014, 03:24:54 AM
Warm up your pokers and get your whips ready.

You reckon a nice Southern Cross on the left bum cheek?
  •