•  

Cindy

Quote from: Jenny07 on March 14, 2014, 03:47:47 AM
You will  have to catch me first! :laugh:

You can't escape the Aussie Mafia!
  •  

Jenny07

I guess you have operatives everywhere.

Shall I expect a visit from Catherine? Oh yes please.
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Jenny07 on March 14, 2014, 03:59:31 AM
I guess you have operatives everywhere.

Shall I expect a visit from Catherine? Oh yes please.

Be careful what you wish for.......................................................................Heee Hee
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Ms Grace on March 14, 2014, 03:02:06 AM
81 days... 10 days to go!

Who didn't see that coming!!*giggle* ;D

Oh Jenny! Next in line girl friend! :o
  •  

Jenny07

•  

Ms Grace

Thanks Jen, Cindy & Jessica!

I only found out today that changing my name won't be as straightforward and simple as it was in 1990. Used to be you could go to the Birth, Deaths and Marriage registry, fill out a form and hey presto new name. I guess terrorism, identity theft, illegal immigrants and frauds have changed all that. Darn. So I have to have an interview, fill out a butt load of forms and then wait up to five weeks for a reissued birth certificate with my new name (but, regrettably, not my new gender - I only get that after the chop). Yeesh. But my boss is OK for me to start full time as Grace without the paperwork. Yay for great bosses! :D So I need to start the ball rolling on that ASAP, then once I get it there will be many, many things that I need to get my name changed for - bank, super, mortgage, electoral commission, tax, utilities, will, etc, etc!

Plus there's my whole online persona, I can do that without the birth certificate but it will be an interesting exercise. I have a webcomic with a moderate number of regular readers, that won't be too tough but there are plenty of places my male name is mentioned that I have no control over. At least I'm nowhere near Chaz Bono or Lana Wachowski level of fame so it'll most likely be an utter non-event. I'm not taking a table at this year's Sydney Supanova to hawk my stuff either (our version of ComicCon). Although it would have been fun I'm so glad I'm not, those things are tiring enough without having to deal with openly transitioning at the same time. I'm still going to go along but just as part if the crowd. The comic/gaming world is sometimes not that friendly a place for women let alone trans people...I do know a number of peers who will be utterly shocked but I think most of them will be cool with my change.

Also...I need more clothes, stat!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Ms Grace on March 14, 2014, 02:54:07 PM
Also...I need more clothes, stat!
Take Jenny with you. She's next!*giggle* ;D ;D ;D
  •  

Joan

Fantastic news, Grace! You must be so excited to finally let yourself run free :)
Only a dark cocoon before I get my gorgeous wings and fly away
Only a phase, these dark cafe days
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on March 14, 2014, 04:04:56 PM
Take Jenny with you. She's next!*giggle* ;D ;D ;D

Poor Jen! ;D I know we're having some light hearted fun at her expense (and why not?) but I just want her to know she doesn't have to feel obliged to initiate or rush her transition just because of moi. For me I was coming from a different space, having tried transition for two years beforehand it was almost as if the intervening 20 plus years had never happened when I started going out as Grace and I truly believe that gave me a leg up I hadn't been expecting. That said we're totally going shopping at some point, OK girlfriend? ::)

Quote from: Joan on March 14, 2014, 06:14:58 PM
Fantastic news, Grace! You must be so excited to finally let yourself run free :)

Thanks Joan! Excited and scared poopless!  :laugh:
Grace
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Ms Grace on March 14, 2014, 06:24:35 PM
Poor Jen! ;D I know we're having some light hearted fun at her expense (and why not?) but I just want her to know she doesn't have to feel obliged to initiate or rush her transition just because of moi. For me I was coming from a different space, having tried transition for two years beforehand it was almost as if the intervening 20 plus years had never happened when I started going out as Grace and I truly believe that gave me a leg up I hadn't been expecting. That said we're totally going shopping at some point, OK girlfriend? ::)

Very true, we joke, but we all take our journey at our own pace. Hell it took me 50 years!!
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Cindy on March 14, 2014, 06:33:05 PM
Very true, we joke, but we all take our journey at our own pace. Hell it took me 50 years!!
Sorry, bad attempt by me at humor. I apologize Jenny, seriously. Please forgive me for offending you. :(
  •  

Jenny07

•  

Cindy

Quote from: Jenny07 on March 15, 2014, 12:03:42 AM
Eye can take it gals!

Now I have you tied up, where is my branding iron :laugh:
  •  

Jenny07

Oh dear! :o

PROFESSOR!

•  

Ms Grace

80 days... 9 days to go!

Had dinner tonight with some long time friends. One guy knew me during my first transition attempt and was quite supportive at the time. The other two knew a bit about my history but we've never really talked about it. Anyway, they were all so wonderfully cool with me rolling up in Grace-mode. One of them is a woman, and even thought I've known her for almost 15 years and see her regularly I guess she's always seen me as her partner's male friend (her partner being the one I mentioned above) so we've never been overly close. Things felt a little bit different tonight she and I had a few good chats - funnily enough, when the four of us were walking along the street the two guys walked up ahead talking with each other and us two girls chatted together. It was a good night. I really feel comfortable passing in public in a variety of situations so that's encouraging. the wig makes such a difference - I could never do it without it.

So I'm wondering about how I tell my folks...and when. They're both elderly - 75 counts as elderly doesn't it? (Or is it the new 55 or something?) Do I tell them early in the day and give them the day to sort through the worst of it and still hopefully sleep that night? My niece, their granddaughter has her birthday this Tuesday so I should definitely avoid that day. Do I go for Thursday rather than the weekend, that way they have some time to work through things and contact doctors/counsellors if they need to? Last thing I want to have happen is for them to end up in hospital over this.
Grace
  •  

Rachel

Wednesday, early morning sounds good. The granddaughter's birthday is special and you will have a lot of special days going forward.

Congratulations and you look wonderful :)
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Jenny07

So I went to the shops today and I searched and searched and couldn't find courage. ???

What aisle is it in?
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Jenny07 on March 15, 2014, 10:26:21 PM
So I went to the shops today and I searched and searched and couldn't find courage. ???

What aisle is it in?
Not the chicken aisle!! ;D
  •  

Jenny07

•