Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Your favorite comedy show

Started by Yvonne, March 28, 2007, 11:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlegreenfly

Well now... if you're pulling from the archives.....  Fridays (I think this was only on 1 or 2 seasons, maybe 10-15 yrs ago)...  Laugh In, Love American Style...  The last 2 being classically silly.
  •  

debbiej

Oh my - I can't believe I forgot about Malcolm in the Middle

"Happy dance happy dance we love to do the happy dance"
  •  

ZachP

I like that show on fox til death with barrett something????? ( the guy from e.l. raymond) he really shows he acting ability he is good.
  •  

Suzy

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on March 30, 2007, 10:39:24 AM
OMG yes.  John Belushi as Samurai (Whatever), the newscast with "Hello, I'm Chevy Chase and your not", "Jane, you ignorant sl*t!", and the reports of how long Generalissimo Franco had been holding his breath.  (For you children, Franco was dead and as far as I know, is still holding his breath) ;D

And not to forget Roseanne Rosanna Dana, Mr. Bill, or the Coneheads.

Kristi
  •  

BeverlyAnn

And the best of all, Jake and Ellwood, the Blues Brothers.

Beverly
  •  

Christo

•  

Alexis

My favorite comedy show(s) would have to be: Scrubs, My name is Earl, The Office(American Version havn't seen British yet), and yes the over the top Family Guy.  I love a show(FG) that can go a half hour and do really accomplish nothing.

Kids in the Hall was a really funny show as well, don't get to see it anymore :(

Oh and I also love watching standup like Comedy Central Presents.  RIP Mitch Hedberg - How I still yearn for the cinnamon roll scented incense.

-Alexis
  •  

Sara M.

Quote from: Zombies on March 29, 2007, 12:07:00 AM
I like Scrubs a whole bunch
Oh God yes. I love that show!
(almost typed "I love that shoe!"
  •  

Cindi Jones

I like the Daily show with Jon Stewart.

It's Faux News comedy.  I love it.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Jeannette

•  

Pica Pica

PeepShow is the best British comedy at the moment (thought it's quality is alas, rapidly declining).

I also think Young Ones, Red Dwarf, Spaced, Blackadder, Father Ted - the list goes on. I find American comedy very hard to get into, the set up and punches are too flagged up in my opinion, though there are often some good lines in them.

Oh yeah! And My Parents Are Aliens, that was a children's sitcom, that was great.

Oh, Oh, and The Goons, Spike Milligan was ace.
  •  

Butterfly

The Tony Danza Show.  Yum yum ~laugh~
  •  

The Middle Way

On The Air, a summer replacement series by Mark Frost and David Lynch. About a company making a live TV show (it's Meta!) in the early days of commercial television.

Unfortunately you prolly never saw it.
  •  

Kat

I absolutely adore Scrubs and The Daily Show.  Sadly the daily show is normally my source of "news" as I can't watch the "real" news anymore.
  •