News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Burnt offerings

Started by Steph, July 19, 2007, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melissa

Quote from: melissa90299 on August 07, 2007, 11:54:20 AM
This is not rocket science, stay off the interent while cooking night be rule number one!
Well, my computer is about 10 feet away from the kitchen, so this doesn't tend to be a problem. :)
  •  

melissa90299

Quote from: Melissa on August 07, 2007, 02:43:47 PM
Quote from: melissa90299 on August 07, 2007, 11:54:20 AM
This is not rocket science, stay off the interent while cooking night be rule number one!
Well, my computer is about 10 feet away from the kitchen, so this doesn't tend to be a problem. :)

So is mine that helps at least rescue the pot from being so badly burned that is is ruined.

I ran out of Thai Jasmine rice and used the regular stuff, no comparison!
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: melissa90299 on August 09, 2007, 12:10:02 PM
So is mine that helps at least rescue the pot from being so badly burned that is is ruined.

I ran out of Thai Jasmine rice and used the regular stuff, no comparison!
Mine has a built in time and comes out perfect every time.  I've been cooking almost exclusively the Thai Jasmine rice for about the last 16-17 years now--at least since I was a young teen.  I agree it's great. :)
  •  

melissa90299

I use a regular saucepan. You are a rice elitist, Mel! LOL
  •  

Melissa

:) Cool.

I used to use a saucepan, but I would burn it if I made too much at a time.  I've also been cooking Thai food as long as I have been making the rice.  The quality of my cooking has improved recently too.  I had Rashelle try some of my Thai cooking recently and she thought it was better than what you get in Thailand.  She's the one who has been to Thailand and not me, so I can't judge it myself, but I at least think mine tastes better than what you get in Thai restaurants here in the US (although I've only stayed with cooking about 5 different different dishes :P).
  •  

Rashelle

Melissa's curried rice is better then what I had in Korea and in Thailand!
Rashelle
  •  

Rara

I love rice.....

method: one palm of rice per person..... boiling water, sip of olive oil, half pinch salt. cook = 12-15 mins. taste to test. flush out with fresh boiling water and allow to air dry for a few seconds and serve. Light, fluffy, dry with a hint of moistness...... wonderful!!!
  •