Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

kicking benzos and alcohol

Started by Kylie18, April 24, 2014, 02:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylie18

I went to NA for the first time in a long time yesterday because I feel as though I have a legitimate mental addiction to both alcohol and benzodiazapines. Over the past few months I kept finding it harder and harder to wait till Friday and eventually I just started drinking everyday. I know I'm not supposed to drink while on estrogen but its hard not to because I'm constantly anxious and depressed due to dysphoria.

Is there anyone who may have advice about how to stop drinking and using.
Transsexual transient.

This is not my real name. Its undecided.
  •  

TheQuestion

I've never really had an issue with addiction. Well, sort of I guess. I use to smoke marijuana daily (MJ is addicting btw) and use to take a lot of LSD and ecstasy. Never had an issue with the last two really, but with MJ I just couldn't stop, regardless of if I wanted too or not. Honestly, just push yourself, track your progress and take into mind that your improving both your health and looks. After you make some progress, even if not much, just think of how disappointed you'd be having blown all that good time.

I really wish you the best of luck...
  •  

Kylie18

thank you. I agree MJ can be addicting. I will follow that advice.

Has anyone here had an issue with benzodiazipines before. I would love to hear advice on how to kick the habit from someone with similar struggles
Transsexual transient.

This is not my real name. Its undecided.
  •