Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Overcoming Fear & Anxiety (Sogyal Rinpoche)

Started by Anatta, April 25, 2014, 03:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

A simple truth....

May you tame your mind and know true inner peace...

Metta Anatta :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Adam (birkin)

I really enjoyed that video, and I think he touches on a lot of important concepts. One thing that came to mind is the idea of how everything is clear in hindsight. I wonder if that has something to do with the fact that as we become more distant from past problems, our mind has, in a way, changed itself and sees the problem through a new perspective? Making it seem like it wasn't quite so bad after all.

Thanks for sharing.  :)
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora Birkin,

You're welcome and you might well be right.....

Hindsight
"Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment!"

Perspective
"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so !"

Metta Anatta :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

JenniferGreen

First time I have seen what Sogyal Rinpoche looks like . It the same thing I have been told and read before. I can't stop worrying though no matter how much I know the teachings. I am a Buddhist but my personality is opposed to the type of thinking required to be a good Buddhist . Ho hum. Jx
We are all lying in the gutter, its just that some of us are looking at the stars!
  •  

islandgirl

My thoughts: We are humans and have emotions. We all have both positive and negative emotions. We each take steps down the path. Our intent is important. If the actions  we take everyday are done with compassion and with no intent to hurt other sentient beings, we will move more quickly along the path.

•