Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Miyuki's Art Thread

Started by Miyuki, May 04, 2014, 06:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyuki

So recently I decided I needed a new hobby, and I though drawing might be a good choice. I haven't drawn anything since high school though, so it may take me a while to do anything that actually looks good. ::) Here is my first attempt:

Go easy on me, okay?  ;)
  •  

Ltl89

For what it's worth, I think that looks pretty good, especially for a first attempt.  Good job.  I've always wanted to pick up art myself though I've always been bad at it.  More of a musician I suppose.  You have my envy, lol.
  •  

Blue Rabbit

WOOOOOOOOT! I'm a big art fan, used to loooove drawing but just.... Well I'm a classic artist "Perfectionist" so drawing is as much painful to me as fulfilling.

Really nice drawing, I hardly ever used colour so I understand if you're not gonna, but you gonna add colour to that or not? If you do please post it here so I can see it.
  •  

Miyuki

Quote from: learningtolive on May 04, 2014, 08:30:15 PM
For what it's worth, I think that looks pretty good, especially for a first attempt.  Good job.  I've always wanted to pick up art myself though I've always been bad at it.  More of a musician I suppose.  You have my envy, lol.

Thanks. :) You know everyone in my family is a musician, or at least somewhat musically inclined, so I am really the odd person out. I've never been that interested in playing music (unless you count music games) and I can't write music at all. But, you gotta stick to doing what you love or you'll never be happy.

Quote from: Blue Rabbit on May 04, 2014, 08:32:23 PM
WOOOOOOOOT! I'm a big art fan, used to loooove drawing but just.... Well I'm a classic artist "Perfectionist" so drawing is as much painful to me as fulfilling.

Hehe, you might have noticed how many eraser marks there are in my sketch. ;) I'm a bit of a perfectionist too, but at least when it comes to drawing I can be happy with something that isn't perfect, because art isn't meant to be perfect. I'm still trying very hard to improve my technique right now though, because I still have a lot to learn in terms of my ability to get what I draw to look the way I want it to.

Quote from: Blue Rabbit on May 04, 2014, 08:32:23 PM
Really nice drawing, I hardly ever used colour so I understand if you're not gonna, but you gonna add colour to that or not? If you do please post it here so I can see it.

Sorry, for now I really just want to focus on pencil sketches so I can work on improving my technique. Maybe if I ever draw something I'm really proud of...
  •  

Miyuki

It's been a while since I posted anything, but don't worry, I didn't give up drawing after my first try. ;) Here are a few things I've done recently:

The only question is, what do an evil gingerbread man, a vaguely psychotic looking girl, and a tree all have in common?
  •