Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Time to Swap Bodies.

Started by Wendy, July 22, 2007, 06:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you consider an experimental body swap?

Never.
Not at this time.
Yes if failure rate is less than 1%
Yes if failure rate is less than 5%.
Yes if failure rate is less than 10%.
Yes if failure rate is less than 25%.

Wendy

Quote from: Kate on July 25, 2007, 02:01:54 PM
LOL, well I believe in full disclosure...
~Kate~

I believe in caveat emptor.  ;)  (Seriously, sorry you have had to suffer with the medical condition.)
  •  

Christine Eryn

I'd pair up with any FTM and try it. Hell, I would go so far to have my eyes, brain, and spinal cord ready in a jar like Robocop 2 for a swap.  ;D
"There was a sculptor, and he found this stone, a special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months, until he finally finished. When he was ready he showed it to his friends and they said he had created a great statue. And the sculptor said he hadn't created anything, the statue was always there, he just cleared away the small peices." Rambo III
  •  

Wendy

Quote from: Christine Eryn on July 27, 2007, 02:12:14 AM
I'd pair up with any FTM and try it. Hell, I would go so far to have my eyes, brain, and spinal cord ready in a jar like Robocop 2 for a swap.  ;D

Christine you are not alone.  However the eyes and the spinal cord stay with your former body and go to your donor.  In this deal you swap your beautiful eyes and smile to your donor.  Many on this forum (myself included) would take this deal but it is not as sweet as it sounds.
  •  

Osiris

I have had many very detailed fantasies about this but now I'm not likely to jump at the opportunity. It would be great to have a perfect male body, but as time has passed and as I've worked on my inner perception of myself, I'd rather be me, with a few (major) tweaks.
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

Blanche

No.  Anything above 80% would be tempting
  •  

Terra

Hey, i'd try it. Yeah it has a rate of failure, but so does every medical procedure. Besides, if it works you get a great payoff, if it dosn't... *shrugs*

Besides, I already have agreed to donate my organs on death and my body to science.

So, anyone around their early 20's want to swap?  ;)

Oh, any links to the site, i'd like to read up on it more. Technology like this has always interested me. ;D
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

KarenLyn

I couldn't do it. I'm used to my body. I'd like it to be completely female, but I'll settle for as close as medically possible with today's procedures. I wouldn't want someone else's body. That just seems more un-natural than things already are.

Karen Lyn
  •  

Dorothy

I could never do it.  The odds for success (per your example) are too lame. 
  •  

Wendy

Quote from: Ashley Michelle on August 17, 2007, 07:38:59 PM
i'd go with chances of 50-50.
dont have all that much to lose, so might as well flip the coin

If the surgery was only successful 50% of the time that means that only about 25% of the time both patients in this surgery would survive.  That is very sad.

Quote from: Pia on August 19, 2007, 02:50:43 AM
I could never do it.  The odds for success (per your example) are too lame. 

Pia you have a good attitude!  However people that drive cars in the United States have about a 1.25% chance of driving related death (excludes injuries) during their lifetime.  A 1% risk for surgery was in line with the lifetime death rate from cars which is an unacceptable risk to about 30% of the respondents.   

•  

Melissa

For me, I see very little point in doing it.  First, I would have no idea of the history of the other body (medical or otherwise), and second, what advantage would it really provide me with?  I already live my life as a female, I have a nice hourglass figure, have plenty of people who express attraction, I have no nerve damage from any surgeries, I have nice breasts, I already have children that love me and I'm already more well-known as a female than I ever was as a male.  If anything, it would be an unnecessary risk for myself and it would also take the opportunity away from somebody that may benefit from it much more than I would.  So, my answer is definitely "never".
  •  

Lisbeth

Shades of I Will Fear No Evil!

I would only do it under one set of circumstances: the body was my clone grown to be biologically female like Elizabeth Libby Long.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Wendy

Quote from: Lisbeth on August 28, 2007, 10:35:42 AM
Shades of I Will Fear No Evil!

I would only do it under one set of circumstances: the body was my clone grown to be biologically female like Elizabeth Libby Long.

Lisbeth, too funny! 

Actually I would NEVER consider a clone. However I will document the process:
1. A cell is harvested from the person and "tricked" to become an embryo. (Doable today.)
2. Now the undeveloped embryo is saturated with hormones from the desired gender.  (Doable today.)
3. The embryo will develop into a sterile female version of the donor cell from the MTF.  (Doable today.)
4. The final version of the new cloned opposite gendered person will be "sacrificed" to be the host body for the mature person's brain. (This is future technology and far easier than swapping bodies with someone with different DNA.)
Quote from: Melissa on August 27, 2007, 03:36:57 PM
For me, I see very little point in doing it.  First, I would have no idea of the history of the other body (medical or otherwise), ... So, my answer is definitely "never".

Great answer Melissa.  However I would do a "due diligence" before the swap. 

I never got to "play out" even one scenario even though many would consider the swap!

Here we go:  Through my great negotiating skills a beautiful 21 year old healthy blue-eyed genetic female agrees to a swap and the risk of failure is under 1%. Even though everything "seems" perfect this scenario is unacceptable to me.  I could not rob a young person that is cross-gendered of their youth in good conscious.

I changed my vote from a 1% failure rate to NEVER due to ethical and religious reasons.  However if the genetic female is 30 then I am flip-flopping back to the 1% failure rate!  ;)

•  

Melissa

Quote from: Wendy on August 28, 2007, 11:23:40 AM
Great answer Melissa.  However I would do a "due diligence" before the swap.
No matter how thorough your due diligence is, you'll never know as much as you would if you had grown up in that body.  Details get forgotten or never documented and people can also lie about things.
  •  

Lisbeth

3. The embryo will develop into a sterile female version of the donor cell from the MTF.  (Doable today.)
Wait, wait, wait!  Why do you think it would be sterile?  True, half the eggs would get Y chromosomes and be nonviable.  But wouldn't the other half be the same as any genetic female's?
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

•  

Wendy

Quote from: Melissa on August 28, 2007, 11:54:35 AM
Details get forgotten or never documented and people can also lie about things.

::)  O.K.

Quote from: Lisbeth on August 28, 2007, 11:58:35 AM
Wait, wait, wait!  Why do you think it would be sterile?  True, half the eggs would get Y chromosomes and be nonviable.  But wouldn't the other half be the same as any genetic female's?

Lisbeth one of my friends at this site told me to be careful what I wish for because I may get it!  You asked for a clone but what you really wanted was a genetically altered clone.  You want the genes spliced to have XX instead of hormonally altering an XY embryo.  The technology to do this is pretty close.  You will now have your own X from your biological mom doubled. 

Too funny! ;)

NEVER.   Maybe a 40 year old genetic female that does need bifocals.  ;)
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: Wendy on August 28, 2007, 12:47:30 PM
Lisbeth one of my friends at this site told me to be careful what I wish for because I may get it!  You asked for a clone but what you really wanted was a genetically altered clone.  You want the genes spliced to have XX instead of hormonally altering an XY embryo.  The technology to do this is pretty close.  You will now have your own X from your biological mom doubled. 
In which case she would NOT be sterile, but it would not have to be done that way.  With just hormone manipulation you still get a female, although an intersexed one.
--Julia Serano

•  

Chaunte

I said if the failure rate was leas than 25%.

Why?

Curiosity.

Chaunte
  •  

Owen

Would I swap bodys? sure I would. If it were an available option. No hormons to take and no electrolysis.  ;D

Linda Ann

Love being female :angel:
  •  

RebeccaFog

I'd do it with 1% chance of failure.

In fact, I would quite merrily accept switches with any FtM here despite the conditions of their body.
  •  

Wendy

Never!  O.K.  a genetic female 50-55 years old that does not have osteoporosis.  However if you have more facial hair than me the deal if off.  It is such a pain to get rid of facial hair.  ;)

Quote from: Melissa on August 28, 2007, 11:54:35 AM
No matter how thorough your due diligence is, you'll never know as much as you would if you had grown up in that body.  Details get forgotten or never documented and people can also lie about things.

Yeah but if it works.....................
  •