News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Charmed

Started by Emily1996, May 26, 2014, 09:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily1996

Hello guys/gurls

I am not wiccan, but I love the tv series Charmed, does anybody here watch that show? How do you feel about it? Do you think that it does a nice job representing the wiccan religion? I mean they do talk about wicca in the show, and it's different from other witches show because it actually has a book of shadow and stuff like that u_u' still it's supposed to be fictional so it's nothing too real.
  •  

LordKAT

I've watched every episode more than once. It is my daughters fault. I usually dislike those type of shows, that one grew on me.
  •  

HoneyStrums

I LOVE charmed.

I got into it, my freinds mother watched it. (she is wiccan)

I can say ther are elements of wicca in the show. but... just like most things on tv it is warped for a larger audiance.

main reason I like the show? women kick @ss. But acknoledge, blood, and unity are their greatest strength.

wicca is a spiritual trinaty. wear christian beliefs follow the Patriachle FARTHER, SON, and GHOST, wicca follow the matracle DAUGHTER, MOTHER, and HAG.

This aspect is shown in the show, when a spell cast by a single sister and the spectral forms of their mother and grand mother proove stronger than the three sisters themselves.  their are other things. like the book of shadows. although a not exacly called the same each "covern" does ducument its practises in a diary that does get handed down the line of succetion.

NOTE- Im no authoratty on such things.
  •  

Umiko

favorite episode is styx feet under  ^-^
  •  

Emily1996

I believe is one of the most similar maybe to describe wiccan belief? I definately don't watch like witches of east end... My favorite episode of Charmed is  All Hell breaks loose and all halliwell's eve... But the last episode was nice too :)
  •