Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Genderbending in U.K.'s Misfits

Started by dalebert, June 14, 2014, 08:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

S03E02 is focused on a character who recently obtained the power to switch genders at will. It's pretty cool if you haven't seen it. Best version I've seen since Zerophilia. I've seen glimpses of future episodes and I know there's more genderbending stuph. Looking forward to it.

Anyone else seen it?

Sephirah

No, I've never seen it, although it sounds interesting. I tend to stay away from those kinds of shows though, about people with powers and whatnot, since they make my life seem even more mundane and dull than it already is, lol.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Ms Grace

I saw it a while back. If that was my super power I figured I'd just switch permanently ;) . I don't know how much you've seen so I won't say more lest I spoil it. Personally I was disappointed with the way it was ultimately "resolved".
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Platzhalter

First... hi from a Misfits fan  :)
I've seen this, and even the character with that power is definitely not trans (he only bought it after giving his old one away), the original owner of the power probably was.
Anyone who actually saw the series right from the beginning knows that all the powers relate to a the owner's personality in some way, which makes them being trans very likely.
The usage of the power is handled pretty well though.
  •  

Elis

Yeah loved this ep and the show. It was great how they also showed the difficulty of a relationship between the two characters as well. I can't believed I watched this ep and it still didn't click in my mind that I was trans :D
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Peep

Quote from: Platzhalter on August 20, 2016, 08:51:22 AM
First... hi from a Misfits fan  :)
I've seen this, and even the character with that power is definitely not trans (he only bought it after giving his old one away), the original owner of the power probably was.
Anyone who actually saw the series right from the beginning knows that all the powers relate to a the owner's personality in some way, which makes them being trans very likely.
The usage of the power is handled pretty well though.

I never realised that because he bought the power, it means that the person who originally had it must have swapped their body's gender and then not wanted to swap back so they sold the power. That kinda makes me happy - they got to get their correct gender and then presumably buy another cool power too? lol
  •  

Eevee

Ooh, I love this show. When I saw this episode, it made me really wish I could have the same power. I still go back to watch the first couple seasons again sometimes because the story and the characters are wonderful.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•