Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you currently reading?

Started by Sylvie, June 20, 2014, 01:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadieBlake

Whipping Girl, Julia Serano. Before that most recently Sex at Dawn and a couple of Months novels.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

islandgirl

'Affinity' by Sarah Waters. This is my fifth Sarah Waters novel and I can hardly wait for the next!
  •  

WarGrowlmon1990

•  

Lily.Arwen

The Lord of the Rings.

Heavy going!
:icon_love: :icon_love: I like boots  ;)
  •  

Jin

"Profiles of Courage", by John Kennedy.
I guess I can identify with following my heart over popular opinion!

Just finished "Ender's Game" guess I can also identify with being manipulated...
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

FreyasRedemption

The Long Utopia, by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter.
There is a better tomorrow.
  •  

Cindy

Sapiens: A brief history of human kind by Yuval Noah Harari.

I have been spell bound and fascinated. It is a book of anthropology but well written for the lay person. Sapiens really do seem to be the ultimate (self destructive) species.

We haven't been here long and maybe not too much longer and this book explores how we as a species have developed that way. It is well written and the concepts well explored.

•  

Drexy/Drex

Hunting Hitlers Nukes
" The secret race to stop the Nazi Bomb"
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Amanda_Combs

"A wizard of Earthsea"
By Ursula K. Le Guin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Higher, faster, further, more
  •  

islandgirl

•  

SadieBlake

Just finished Whipping Girl, managed to get a copy of Brain Sex via interlibrary loan.

It's about the differences between "male", "female" brain structure. I'd read it back in the '80s when it was new and an unpopular area of research. It's good to come back to now with different eyes - not having realized I was trans back then.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

SophiaBleu

Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham. I love Gilmore Girls.  So far, it is a good read!
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

SarahMarie1987

"A Little Life" by Hanya Yanagihara

Picked up from the library. It is about 4 friends in NYC and their trials and tribulations. Not sure if they are LGBT or just a bunch if white dudes, but it seemed interesting. Long at about a 720 pages.
"I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes"- Pink
  •  

LizK

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

ghostbees

Holding by graham norton
Srsly you need to read it, it's fantastic!!

Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: ElizabethK on January 20, 2017, 02:44:15 PM
"End of Watch" Stephen King
I love Stephen king I've never read that book though! What's it about?

•  

LizK

I am  sucker for Stephen King with my favourite all time book series being the "The Dark Tower" which I have read probably the entire 8 books 3 times and listened to the audio books at least another 4 times. I am due to listen to the entire thing again very soon...

I have just started this latest one

So far we have a crazy man running people down in a car killing a number but also injuring another 20 or so and then 10 years? later all the survivors start committing suicide or in some cases murder suicide. The main protagonist is a guy who was a cop (now retired) when the original crime went down who is called in by his still working buddy because of the links between the suicides....that is about as far as I got

This is also an audio book. If you have never listened to one then do yourself a favour and have a listen. I really do like audiobooks. There are a number of trans titles also available. My eyes get tired very quickly when I am reading(due to medications) and audiobooks enable me to keep "reading" I have an extensive collection and am a member of Audible. I purchased a complete set of a post apocalyptic future series books...about 60 hours of listening for $8 and it was excellent.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: ElizabethK on January 20, 2017, 05:52:12 PM
I am  sucker for Stephen King with my favourite all time book series being the "The Dark Tower" which I have read probably the entire 8 books 3 times and listened to the audio books at least another 4 times. I am due to listen to the entire thing again very soon...

I have just started this latest one

So far we have a crazy man running people down in a car killing a number but also injuring another 20 or so and then 10 years? later all the survivors start committing suicide or in some cases murder suicide. The main protagonist is a guy who was a cop (now retired) when the original crime went down who is called in by his still working buddy because of the links between the suicides....that is about as far as I got

This is also an audio book. If you have never listened to one then do yourself a favour and have a listen. I really do like audiobooks. There are a number of trans titles also available. My eyes get tired very quickly when I am reading(due to medications) and audiobooks enable me to keep "reading" I have an extensive collection and am a member of Audible. I purchased a complete set of a post apocalyptic future series books...about 60 hours of listening for $8 and it was excellent.

Liz
Definitely gonna read it now!
I love cop stories and yes stephen king is so good at horror
The first book I read by him was IT and good lord was I scared and gripped I blame my sister for getting me into horror.
Have you read the shining and doctor sleep?
I have the first darkntower and have yet to read it

•  

LizK

Quote from: ghostbees on January 20, 2017, 06:27:35 PM
Definitely gonna read it now!
I love cop stories and yes stephen king is so good at horror
The first book I read by him was IT and good lord was I scared and gripped I blame my sister for getting me into horror.
Have you read the shining and doctor sleep?
I have the first darkntower and have yet to read it

Typical Stephen king...now we got computer game consoles...gets a little crazier with each turn of the imaginary page.
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •