Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sveebee85

Quote from: Jennygirl on July 02, 2014, 06:02:53 PM
Decided I would post one to get this thread started

July 2012 vs July 2014

jenny, you´re looking gorgeous! :))
  •  

Myarkstir

Quote from: Jennygirl on July 03, 2014, 05:23:16 AM
Thanks for helping to start things off Sydney! Great change, you look so happy!

Please excuse me while I pick my JAW UP OFF OF THE FLOOR. Roni what the heck!!!

Unbelievable.

Same here WOW
Sylvia M.
Senior news staff

•  

Myarkstir

Ok found an old passport photo. Almost fainted lol

Left is me 2014.  Here is me 1994

Yuk.

Sorry for the bad quality
Sylvia M.
Senior news staff

•  

Just Shelly

x
  •  

Megan Joanne

^ One of my favs on here. Just Shelly. Just wow.  ;)
  •  

Just Shelly

LOL I just posted about you on the other thread :)  :D

You are such a cutey!! And definitely one of my favorites here....well I would say favorite but then Shan my get upset LOL

You just need to realize for yourself that you are beautiful and so naturally looking, I know easier said than done!

Its so nice to hear that your mother is so supportive of you. I would like to think I would be the same with my children. It sounds like you have a close relationship with her....could be somewhat co-dependent like I am with my children. Maybe you and I need to break away a bit....just my observation of maybe myself more than you LOL
  •  

Megan Joanne

I saw. Strange, we were posting about the same time regarding each other.  :o

You know, its been a week and a half since being back on the hormones, and while not the same as I had before, the pills are working, today I have felt better than I have in a very long time, actually feel all the good stuff, pretty, feminine, just downright wonderful about me. That's what I needed. For a bit there I wasn't sure if I was going to make it, so thankful of those that thought better of me than I did of myself when I was going through that rough patch, otherwise I wouldn't be feeling good nor have any pretty dresses to show off.

I love my mom more than anyone, we've been through everything together, pulling through the worst of it. Eh, we have our disagreements and hard times, but we get over it and continue to love each other like family should. She's been there for me and I for her. I do agree with you that I should break away, should've long ago, but that time will come in time, maybe when I find another, someone to love me on a more intimate scale, then my mom could probably do the same.

You look like you and your children may have a good relationship too. Am I wrong, is it just pictures doing what they do best? I'm thinking you do though.  ;)
  •  

Just Shelly

Yes you are correct. I am very close with them and do have their love and respect for the most part, the only problem now is that they are also transitioning!! That is.....they are transitioning into disrespectful teens!!

I do wonder at times if how they disrespect me is because of my transition...I do realize they miss their (visual) father :(
  •  

Bols

Just Shelly, you are an inspiration! I've got two little boys 2 & 3 and a half... One of my greatest fears is that I don't affect their happiness. I suppose I have to start with myself. ;)
Evelyn aka Bols
  •  

shelby513

Quote from: Just Shelly on July 06, 2014, 08:12:59 PM
Thought it would be fun to add a few pics to the new thread.

I found one pic that is about 13 years ago, it was during a fat stage in my life. I can honestly say this was the fattest I ever was but still only pushed 165....but it looks like a hell of a lot more. My children never could believe that I was that big at one time, even when comparing to when I was still portraying a man.

The second pic was fairly typical of what I looked like most of my life, it was just the start of my transition. Believe it or not there are some tiny buds behind that red shirt....I was even insecure about it at the time...LOL

The 3rd 4th and 5th are how I appear today!!

Just WOW!  Tremendously inspiring Shelly!
  •  

Brenda E

Shelly, thanks for sharing those photos.  Some sets of before-and-afters really resonate with me; yours especially so.  Slightly later in life, such wonderful results (you're very pretty!), and most importantly you're still with your kids in the after photos.  Absolutely inspiring, and precisely what I needed to see right now for encouragement; proof that transitions really can work out well.

Thanks again - sincerely. :)
  •  

Livvykins

Hi all, I'm new to Susan's, go easy on me! ;)  Everyone looks amazing on here!

Here's some of my before/afters

Still some further surgery to do, next year now though :( All my holiday has been used up having GRS and VFS in the last 3 months... busy girl!

Oh PS can some one tell me how I set an avatar picture?
You can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy

Full time: Early 2013
HRT: 10/06/2012 Richard Curtis - London
FFS: 05/04/2013 FacialTeam - Marbella
FFS2: 03/02/2015 FacialTeam - Marbella
GCS: 08/04/2014 Dr Phil Thomas - Brighton
VFS: 25/06/2014 Yeson - Seoul Korea
BA/FFS3: 18/04/2016 Ocean Clinic - Marbella
  •  

Brenda E

Quote from: Livvykins on July 07, 2014, 07:56:09 AM
Hi all, I'm new to Susan's, go easy on me! ;)  Everyone looks amazing on here!

You're no exception!  Another transition that simultaneously makes me hopelessly jealous and extraordinarily hopeful.  If you don't mind me asking, what sort of time scale are we looking at in the photos?

Nice results.
  •  

Livvykins

Quote from: Brenda E on July 07, 2014, 11:33:01 AM
You're no exception!  Another transition that simultaneously makes me hopelessly jealous and extraordinarily hopeful.  If you don't mind me asking, what sort of time scale are we looking at in the photos?

Nice results.

That's so lovely, thanks! :)  Most of the girls on here make me hopelessly jealous... I guess it's easier to see the positives in other than ourselves sometimes. Well it certainly is for me!

I don't mind at all! So I think the before pic was maybe 4 Christmas's ago... you can tell it's Christmas because I looked so happy ;) I came out 3 years ago, started HRT roughly 2 years ago and had FFS April 2013, GRS April 2014 and VFS last week. It's been pretty full on! I've got some further FFS planned for next Feb. The other 3 pics are all this year, two of them were like a month ago.

•  

zerglingrunby

Wow! Everyone has such amazing changes!!

I'm about a month and a week into HRT, but I feel good about the small things I see changing. Here's a comparison...

Helps that I shaved the beard and let my hair grow!! :P
  •  

galaxy

Quote from: zerglingrunby on July 08, 2014, 05:17:46 AM

I'm about a month and a week into HRT, but I feel good about the small things I see changing. Here's a comparison...

You look very pretty!!
  •  

Livvykins

Shame, it was a great beard!  You're looking completely stunning though, you must be SO happy :) I'm very jealous! x

•  

Allyda

Only one month and one week!, WoW, you look awesome!

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Emily1996

OMG what a change it's like two different persons! You are very very beautiful :) I wish my hair would grow faster damn it
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Tori on July 03, 2014, 04:59:30 PM
Jenny, I have been meaning to say this for a long time, but it wasn't until I saw you say something similar, that I thought I could without sounding mean. Your physical changes have not been that drastic.

Yeah. I said it.

;)

You just wear being female very, very well.

You are the first to admit it takes work to be a woman. I agree and add, good genes help. You put in the work, and have good genes. Now you can hang out with old friends and they do not know who you are.

So why are people so amazed by your pictures here (myself included)?

Well, the pics are good, for starters. You are tasteful in wardrobe and makeup. AND you glow with joy. The skin has changed, but how you feel in said skin has changed even more.

You are the epitome of what I keep trying to tell people. HRT does very little visually, it is the effort we put in, the enjoyment we feel, and the culmination of all these teeny tiny results that paint the real picture.

It is who you are, how you present, and the bravery to not give a flying ****, that really makes the difference.

People are inspired because of your looks? Good luck people. Jenny has great genes. She should have been FAAB.

People should be inspired by your heart and soul. Because THAT is what really makes the difference.

I think this is one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. So real to how I feel and where I've come from. Thank you Tori :D :D

Quote from: riversong on July 03, 2014, 05:07:11 PM
I have to disagree here. Your mental state is an abstract thing. Passability is concrete. It doesn't really matter how you feel on the inside, you still won't be passable unless you look female. Even with mannerisms and a projection of confidence, it won't do anything unless you look female. That said, I disagree that HRT does very little visually. The changes that HRT causes are subtle, but that doesn't mean they're little. It's the subtleties that people pick up on that are used to determine someone's gender. So having those subtleties changed has a profound effect on your overall appearance.

I see what you mean riversong. I think you touch on good points as well. Specifically though I would like to add that I think all the little aspects add up and enhance each other.. as if the sum is not just a sum but a recursive sum as well.. And I think the missing ingredient is confidence. Confidence allows you to shine, glow, resonate, and feel whole. When you are confident, everything gets taken up a notch and the sum has to be recalculated once again. It's an effect I've been lucky enough to capture in some photos (because like all things it is temporary) and this is one of those photos. I still have bad days intermingled with good days, but as I have gotten farther along in transition it has definitely started to even out to something more homogenized in terms of a daily "feel good". A lot of it does have to do with wardrobe, and a lot of it has to do with knowing how to present myself in a way that makes me feel good. That is what makes the subtle changes from HRT and FFS shine. It is what makes me so darned happy most of the time- because that is what I wanted and I sought after it for months and months and months. I don't readily give up on things. Story of my life :P :)

Quote from: Roni on July 03, 2014, 05:14:37 PM
It's crazy, isn't it? That Jenny looks like a twin of her old self yet looks undeniably and 100% female. Whenever I show cis friends before/after pics on these forums, they are ALWAYS most amazed by Jenny, despite other girls going through more drastic physical changes to look female.

Roni thank you so much, for the longest time (until I was 28) I looked at my face thinking I would need EXTENSIVE work done if I ever wanted to pass as female... I think that was part of the reason why I told myself it wasn't an option for so long. It's just crazy what a little salt and pepper will do ;) It wasn't until I came here and Shantel gave me some much needed support that I saw what little I really needed to change and how much I needed to LEARN!

And may I add, you are so inspiringly beautiful. Even before your FFS, a total knockout. Your happiness shows in every photo I see of you these days, and I will tell you it is incredibly contagious. Thanks for sharing with us!
  •