Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paige

Quote from: JLT1 on July 17, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
Well, here is my transition thus far and even though I've come a long way, I am convinced that the best is yet to come.

I've been working on the weight loss for over to 3 years, in transition for 2½ years with 1½ years on Susan's and about that long on HRT.

Here I am, Dec. 2008 at 362 lbsa and in late 2010, just having started to work out and diet

Just a few days prior to leaving for FFS.  My life had unraveled.  The delay for FFS caused severe dysphoria.  My marriage was blowing up.  I couldn't sleep.  Very hard time.

Me, my favorite

It's never to late for anyone to be themselves.

HUGS!!!!

Jen

P.S  I also got insurance to pay $63,400 on FFS while I paid $10,900.  However, SRS in Dec. this year and is covered at 100%.  If anyone wants help with insurance, I'm here.

Jen that's an absolutely amazing transition.  Being a little challenged on top myself, I have to ask you about your hair.   Did you have a transplant or did HRT do all the work?

Take care,
Paige

•  

JLT1

Paige,

Thank you.  For another four weeks, that is a wig - a very good wig but still a wig.  My hair isn't long enough yet even with extensions. But, in four weeks, I can go with extensions and it will work.  I will need a hair transplant if I want thick hair - it's about 5K at Bosley to get the hair quantity I want.  I'm going to try and bundle a hair transplant and some excess skin removal with Dr Z in Oct.  Maybe I can get it cheaper like that.  However, from what I was to where I am is great. 

Hugs,

Jen

To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Megan Joanne

Started out with earliest baby pic, added to it, every several years or so of me, then every year from 2006 onward (skipping 2010 since I have none for that year). Started living full time as a woman February 6th 2001. Started hormones May 19th 2001.

1974 (1 month old)

1978? (4 years old?)

1983? (3rd grade?)

1988? (8th grade?)

1991? (was pretty dark then, we used to go to the beach a lot)

1995 (zits and long oily hair, and ugly scraggly facial hair)

1998 (in denial so shaved all my long pretty hair off, I am not a girl! I refuse to feel this way!)

early 2001? (pre-hormones, started living full time in the female role; I thought I was ugly but I was trying to accept myself anyway)

2001-2002? (early transitioning sometime shortly into hormones, so much happier with me)

2006 (first year of digital camera use, at least now exact dates of pictures won't be questionable)

2013 (didn't take many pics this year, it was all about cross-stitching so I didn't have but a few of me)

2014 (got tons of pics of me now, but this is one of the more recent from a week and a half ago)

•  

~Evelyn~

I would just like to shed some light on a few matters based on me here. To start off I will not be accusing anyone nor did I take anything to heart but to be honest I was Felt VERY hurt after reading some posts about me.

Firstly I would like to say that the pictures that I have posted here on this forum are all legit excet for one which I had apologised for. I will admit it was not easy at all to get where I am now. Also not many of you know my story about what happened to me during pre transition there was a horrible accident that could have decided my fate right there and then. Secondly yes I was very dark back then, BUT I was like that for a reason. As you all know gender identity problems is not something we could just brush off as if it were a simple thought. So to block this problem from my mind I took up a whole lot of activities like sports and other outdoor activities. I am also a person who is absolutely facinated by beaches I love going to the beach so yeah that explains my tan, that combined with my sports activities made me very dark skinned. Also in my current avatar pic I did get slightly tanned as I was part of a beach conservation campaign here in Malaysia, out beaches have gotten really dirty so someone put together an organisation to help clean our beaches. I wanted to post a picture of me and my family when I was still young and to show that I was fair skinned but after this I will not be posting anymore pictures at all till I feel better or till my mum allows it. My mum did not want her or my dads pictures up here after they read all the posts about me.

Thirdly regarding my photobucket and what I get out of my pictures. Ill start with photobucket. I made my photobucket public so all the wonderful people here may see that nothing is impossible and that there is always hope for you no matter who you are. Mainly some pictures there were for me to put up on a blog here on Susan's. I had requested for one but currently tey are not taking any blogs. On that blog I wanted to tell you all about what I went through as a youngling and how my appearence changed twice during pre transition. Like I said earlier It was mainly to give that message to people that nothing is impossible and I want the best for everyone here and I would love to help them in anyway I can. No one should have gone through what I did.

Now about my pictures. I will admit that I love getting complimented I mean who doesn't? But to be honest  I dont expect anything out of my pictures at all. I post pictures because I feel like it and I am trying to bring smiles to peoples faces by smiling myself, everyone deserves to be happy.

Finally I would like to say that if I were a troll what would I be looking for here? There a thousands of forums on the net so why troll this one? It does not make any sense whatsoever. If I were to troll or to scam I would probably do that on some lottery competion online or some online survey to send stuff to people who arent expecting any deliveries and a bunch of other things like a prank I prefer to call it. But this is no place to troll as everyone needs constant support.

This is all I have to say. My hugs and kisses to everyone here.
~Evelyn~
   xoxo
Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby.
  •  

Skeptoid

I hope it's okay to post since I have yet to start HRT. I'm hoping for sometime in the next month or two.

Here is what I look like in guy clothes and a bad camera angle.

Here is one without my face and one that was originally just for my own benefit. I never intended to show anyone the second picture.

I took most of these pictures when I was still afraid of having pictures with my face and me wearing women's clothing in them on the internet. Now that I'm going out in public it seems pointless to worry. Actually, I honestly can't stand my face as it is right now so that was part of it too.

Here are the rest of my pictures. http://elementc.imgur.com/all/

I have a feeling some of you might not like my taste in clothes. I guess I overcompensate by emphasizing my waist and trying to distract from my face, but I genuinely like what I wear.

I know next to nothing about makeup at this point. I desperately want someone to show me how in person but no one I know has shown even the slightest interest in helping. "Just look it up on Youtube."

JLT1, that is some amazing progress. Kudos on the hard work!
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

Annabella

Quote from: Skeptoid on July 18, 2014, 01:14:02 AM
I hope it's okay to post since I have yet to start HRT. I'm hoping for sometime in the next month or two.

I took most of these pictures when I was still afraid of having pictures with my face and me wearing women's clothing in them on the internet. Now that I'm going out in public it seems pointless to worry. Actually, I honestly can't stand my face as it is right now so that was part of it too.

I have a feeling some of you might not like my taste in clothes. I guess I overcompensate by emphasizing my waist and trying to distract from my face, but I genuinely like what I wear.

I know next to nothing about makeup at this point. I desperately want someone to show me how in person but no one I know has shown even the slightest interest in helping. "Just look it up on Youtube."

I was actually going to say really cute dress, a bit stretchy for my tastes, I am more of a flowy/floppy type of girl.
Your hairstyle is teh awesome also :).
I have looked at your pictures, and you and I share some traits. I am also trying to work with makeup and having to get all of my info from youtube. I have seen some amazing work done by professionals, but let's be honest, their work often takes hours and hundreds of dollars of product. I want to get a pattern together that I can apply in a half hour using only four or five products (concealer, foundation, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, lipstick, etc) that I can also quickly remove, as the days where I am able to stay in girl mode for an entire day are limited.
"But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy."
― Ellen Wittlinger, Parrotfish
  •  

Skeptoid

The issue I have with makeup is that to practice on myself would be really expensive. I have worked up to wearing short shorts around my dad despite being threatened with getting kicked out of the house, etc., etc., on more than one truly horrifying occasion. So when I wear dresses and skirts I still hide them and change in the car when I leave. Pretty pathetic situation at almost 25 years old. Back to the point, if I put makeup on at home it would be risky anyway and I have limited times when I can wear it since I have to work in a kitchen almost every day. Practicality alone makes it a poor choice. Ideally, I'd like someone who knows what they're doing to apply makeup and show me what is possible with experience and teach me the basics. Maybe recommend a few brands. I went to a Macy's and had them find my foundation shade but I can't afford that stuff at this time. I view getting started on HRT as way more important and with my limited funds I have to deal with the up front costs first. I tried buying the el cheapo stuff at Walmart a few months back and it was... very disappointing. The eyeliner barely went on, the tip broke, and the mascara was globby as all get out.
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

jname

Here is one without my face and one that was originally just for my own benefit. I never intended to show anyone the second picture.

You look soo pretty! :)
  •  

Allyda

Megan, as always you blow my mind. Your absolutely stunning and WoW!, I didn't know you've started your transition so long ago. In any case you look fabulous!

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

JLT1

Megan,

Wow, you're beautiful.  And you did it w/o surgery.  Just beautiful.
Hugs,
Jen

To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: Byron on July 15, 2014, 10:47:23 PM
Jennifer, I don't comment too often, but I had to say what an amazing transition you've had.  You are beautiful! :)

thanks!  ;)
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Annabella

Quote from: Megan Joanne on July 18, 2014, 12:32:23 AM
Started out with earliest baby pic, added to it, every several years or so of me, then every year from 2006 onward (skipping 2010 since I have none for that year). Started living full time as a woman February 6th 2001. Started hormones May 19th 2001.

2014 (got tons of pics of me now, but this is one of the more recent from a week and a half ago)

WOW.
Megan you look fantastic (I've thought so in all your pics I've come across) and your transition is so inspiring. I would be happy with half of the results you have had. Starting in 2001 and now in 2014, I am so impressed by your dedication to your transition. It has paid off in spades, and I am not just saying that because I have a thing for girls with glasses.

-Anna
"But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy."
― Ellen Wittlinger, Parrotfish
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: Megan Joanne on July 18, 2014, 12:32:23 AM

1974 (1 month old)

1978? (4 years old?)

1983? (3rd grade?)

1988? (8th grade?)

1991? (was pretty dark then, we used to go to the beach a lot)

1995 (zits and long oily hair, and ugly scraggly facial hair)

1998 (in denial so shaved all my long pretty hair off, I am not a girl! I refuse to feel this way!)

early 2001? (pre-hormones, started living full time in the female role; I thought I was ugly but I was trying to accept myself anyway)

2001-2002? (early transitioning sometime shortly into hormones, so much happier with me)

2006 (first year of digital camera use, at least now exact dates of pictures won't be questionable)

2013 (didn't take many pics this year, it was all about cross-stitching so I didn't have but a few of me)

you turn me so green
  •  

Skeptoid

I just set up an appointment to get blood tested so I can start hormones!!!!!!!!!!!!! July 28th, then three days for the blood test results. Then I'll have to find some way to get back 200+ miles to the clinic for the follow up prescription.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

OMG! To have that figure. I am so green with envy I am an alien right now!  ;)
  •  

Megan Joanne

Quote from: Allyda on July 18, 2014, 10:49:21 AM
Megan, as always you blow my mind. Your absolutely stunning and WoW!, I didn't know you've started your transition so long ago. In any case you look fabulous!

Allie :icon_flower:

So long ago, but really not much changes, not really. If only my transformation was as dramatic as some others on here, or if I had started even sooner, but eh, can't have it all. Its just a matter of growing used to my own looks and appreciating them for what they are, me. Thank you.

Quote from: JLT1 on July 18, 2014, 10:56:01 AM
Megan,

Wow, you're beautiful.  And you did it w/o surgery.  Just beautiful.
Hugs,
Jen

Nope. No surgery. Just hormones and plucking of hair.

Quote from: Annabella on July 18, 2014, 01:21:50 PM
WOW.
Megan you look fantastic (I've thought so in all your pics I've come across) and your transition is so inspiring. I would be happy with half of the results you have had. Starting in 2001 and now in 2014, I am so impressed by your dedication to your transition. It has paid off in spades, and I am not just saying that because I have a thing for girls with glasses.

-Anna

Glad to hear that I inspire, wouldn't want it to be that I do the opposite, repulse people or cause them to jump off bridges. Actually not dedication, just living. And seriously, too many of my years was spent feeling too comfortable that I didn't do what I should have all those years, I could have been saving up, get some more things done for myself when I was doing better with money. Eh, there's still time, I'm only going on 40. ;D

Quote from: stephaniec on July 18, 2014, 02:13:05 PM
you turn me so green

I said the same thing for many of the others on here. But that was before getting back on the hormones again. Now, eh, so I'm not what I'd ideally want myself to be, but I'm okay with that, right now. At least I'm me.

Quote from: Autumn on July 18, 2014, 03:24:27 PM
Megan, you always look so pretty!

I think the same of you!
  •  

Emily1996

You look like a young Cate Blanchett, really beautiful for being pre-everything :3 I bet hormones will do wonders for you, I wish I had your figure too D: it's so hard to lose weight lol
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: ~Evelyn~ on July 18, 2014, 01:13:40 AM
I would just like to shed some light on a few matters based on me here. To start off I will not be accusing anyone nor did I take anything to heart but to be honest I was Felt VERY hurt after reading some posts about me.

This is all I have to say. My hugs and kisses to everyone here.
~Evelyn~
   xoxo

Thank you for clearing that up Evelyn.

As to others who feel the need to post accusations or snide comments about any member, that will not be tolerated.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: JLT1 on July 17, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
Here I am, Dec. 2008 at 362 lbsa and in late 2010, just having started to work out and diet

A few days ago at work.  I'm down 164 lbs and I'm Jennifer, I'm me, I'm happy.  Although, I'm still dieting with another 20-30 to go!  I'll make it....

It's never to late for anyone to be themselves.

That is wonderful Jen. Very powerful and inspirational for late transitioners! Thank you for sharing.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •