Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Grace

Quote from: Megan Joanne on July 18, 2014, 12:32:23 AM
1995 (zits and long oily hair, and ugly scraggly facial hair)

2014 (got tons of pics of me now, but this is one of the more recent from a week and a half ago)

What a wonderful transition!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Skeptoid

I deeply appreciate your kind words. Though I never noticed a resemblance myself, that's the second time someone compared me to Cate Blanchett in the past week (never previously). Funny how the world works.

Yes, I feel like I won the genetic lotter with my figure. As for losing weight, I simply never gained any. There was a time I tried, briefly, and got to about 129lbs. I have never in my entire life managed more than that. I'm 5'9" for some context.  O_O

I can hardly contain myself. After setting up my first appointment today the feeling of the ticking of the clock is mitigated. The older I got the worse I felt. Now that the wait is almost over to at least halt sone of the future damage... it's almost unbearable but in a different way. Its very imminence is now the problem. Haha, but this kind of wait I can handle. It's the kind of impatience before Christmas.

I plan to exhaustively document the changes from many angles.
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Megan Joanne on July 18, 2014, 12:32:23 AM

2014 (got tons of pics of me now, but this is one of the more recent from a week and a half ago)

I just love that dress your wearing in this photo Megan. It looks very cute on you. Sleeveless/strappy sun dresses like these are my absolute favorite thing to wear. I'm wearing my favorite one in my wardrobe in my Avatar pic.

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

JLT1

Quote from: Ms Grace on July 18, 2014, 08:08:06 PM
That is wonderful Jen. Very powerful and inspirational for late transitioners! Thank you for sharing.

I started turning grey in the sixth grade.  I hope to inspire everyone because it is never too late.  I'm only 52.

Having said all that, thank you for your kind words.  Old or young, it has been difficult.

Hugs,

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Hideyoshi

It's about time I did this, I suppose (:

I found a pic with me on a swing at my boyfriend's old elementary school, and decided to take the same picture with the same clothes

•  

stephaniec

Quote from: Hideyoshi on July 20, 2014, 02:20:34 PM

I found a pic with me on a swing at my boyfriend's old elementary school, and decided to take the same picture with the same clothes

quite a difference
  •  

Megan Joanne

I likes. Now that's a good before and after pic, same place, similar pose, same clothes, prettier face.
  •  

StevieAK

Quote from: JLT1 on July 17, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
Well, here is my transition thus far and even though I've come a long way, I am convinced that the best is yet to come.

I've been working on the weight loss for over to 3 years, in transition for 2½ years with 1½ years on Susan's and about that long on HRT.

Here I am, Dec. 2008 at 362 lbsa and in late 2010, just having started to work out and diet

The first one is me, Sept 2013.  I've now lost 139 lbs and been on HRT for 8 months.  Notice the breast growth under the suit and the white sports bra.  For some reason, I just won the lottery in that area.  Not so much in the face though.

Here is my unaltered picture and then an approximation of what FFS would do for me.  I used the approximation as my avatar for almost a year while I worked on getting insurance to pay for the FFS.  As one can see, I did not come close to passing.   

Just a few days prior to leaving for FFS.  My life had unraveled.  The delay for FFS caused severe dysphoria.  My marriage was blowing up.  I couldn't sleep.  Very hard time.

This is me a couple days post FFS  with Dr Z in a full head pressure cast.  The nurse was super, Cole was super everyone was super.  It made a hard time much easier.  I smiled though the pain knowing it was right.

A few days ago at work.  I'm down 164 lbs and I'm Jennifer, I'm me, I'm happy.  Although, I'm still dieting with another 20-30 to go!  I'll make it....

Me, my favorite

It's never to late for anyone to be themselves.

HUGS!!!!

Jen

P.S  I also got insurance to pay for FFS AND GRS is now covered at 100%.  If anyone wants help with insurance, I'm here and I'll help.

wow, such an inspiration
  •  

JLT1

Quote from: Skeptoid on July 18, 2014, 01:14:02 AM
I hope it's okay to post since I have yet to start HRT. I'm hoping for sometime in the next month or two.

I took most of these pictures when I was still afraid of having pictures with my face and me wearing women's clothing in them on the internet. Now that I'm going out in public it seems pointless to worry. Actually, I honestly can't stand my face as it is right now so that was part of it too.

I have a feeling some of you might not like my taste in clothes. I guess I overcompensate by emphasizing my waist and trying to distract from my face, but I genuinely like what I wear.

I know next to nothing about makeup at this point. I desperately want someone to show me how in person but no one I know has shown even the slightest interest in helping. "Just look it up on Youtube."

OMG!  You are going to be incredible.  Looking at you right now, if HRT does anything at all you are going to be beautiful. 

Hugs,

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Shantel

Terrific change hon, what a little doll you have become!  :eusa_clap:
  •  

Shantel

Hayley, Evelyn, Skeptold, Hideyoshi, Jen, all such remarkable changes (Oh Jen that one photo makes my face hurt for you dear)
and Megan such a darling girl, you are so sweet!
  •  

Evelyn K

Quote from: Skeptoid on July 18, 2014, 01:14:02 AM

Here is one without my face and one that was originally just for my own benefit. I never intended to show anyone the second picture.

Here are the rest of my pictures. http://elementc.imgur.com/all/

Skeptoid I am telling you right now. If you transition with HRT, you are going to be a rising star on susans. You're physique already looks awesome! And you're face is feminine to-boot!
  •  

Evelyn K

Quote from: Emily29 on July 18, 2014, 07:53:45 PM
You look like a young Cate Blanchett, really beautiful for being pre-everything :3 I bet hormones will do wonders for you, I wish I had your figure too D: it's so hard to lose weight lol

Good call Emily29.

Wow!
  •  

Hideyoshi

Quote from: stephaniec on July 20, 2014, 02:37:02 PM
quite a difference

Quote from: Shantel on July 20, 2014, 06:32:32 PM
Terrific change hon, what a little doll you have become!  :eusa_clap:

hehe yea thanks. I almost cried when I put the two pictures together. I didn't realize I changed that much.

Quote from: Megan Joanne on July 20, 2014, 04:43:37 PM
I likes. Now that's a good before and after pic, same place, similar pose, same clothes, prettier face.

I wanted my mind to be at ease for once. I wanted the same clothes, location, lighting, angle, etc. so I couldn't later rationalize why the picture looked better than 2 years ago. I think it's working (:
  •  

Bijou

Wow what an amazing change! I love that you wore the same thing in both, at the same location. Your eyes look a lot happier now :)
  •  

Hideyoshi

Quote from: Bijou on July 21, 2014, 09:24:28 AM
Wow what an amazing change! I love that you wore the same thing in both, at the same location. Your eyes look a lot happier now :)

yea I do smile more :P

My boyfriend was trying to get the angle right, and he caught me stuffing my muffin top into my pants

I don't remember smiling like that before as much :)
  •  

Hikari

Quote from: Hideyoshi on July 21, 2014, 06:14:16 PM
yea I do smile more :P

My boyfriend was trying to get the angle right, and he caught me stuffing my muffin top into my pants

I don't remember smiling like that before as much :)

lol I have that same shirt! Hatsune Miku for the win :P
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Emmaline

Body... meet brain.  Now follow her lead and there will be no more trouble, you dig?

•  

Lara the Lover and the Fighter

Quote from: Emmaline on July 21, 2014, 06:55:57 PM
Sigh.  I love this thread.

Definitely!  It helped me so much in the beginning!
  •  

JLT1

I couldn't beleive it.  You are so different and you look so good.  Nice,

Hugs,

Jen
  •