Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brenda E

StevieAK, I don't think BlonT meant it that way.  Constructive criticism is a valuable commodity. :)

But to get back to the topic of this thread, that's one dramatic transition so far!  I can't imagine the time and effort you've put in so far, but it's certainly paid off.  I appreciate you sharing the pics.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: StevieAK on July 23, 2014, 02:41:23 AM

Please no negative comments as Im on a journey and gone a long long way but Im not there yet, thanks.

Looks like you've come light years since the first photo. You have great cheek bones and a nice looking face to begin with, you must have lost a lot of weight so far as you don't seem to have that muscle mass anymore. Good job so far hon!
  •  

JLT1

Quote from: StevieAK on July 20, 2014, 04:53:26 PM
wow, such an inspiration

And I see your transition is moving along.....  You look better in a dress than I  :(   ;)

As you said, it's a journey.  I am glad you are here.

Hugs,  Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Ali

Great job Jen :)

Wondering how did you get your insurance to pay for FFS ?

Kisses

Quote from: JLT1 on July 17, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
Well, here is my transition thus far and even though I've come a long way, I am convinced that the best is yet to come.

I've been working on the weight loss for over to 3 years, in transition for 2½ years with 1½ years on Susan's and about that long on HRT.

Here I am, Dec. 2008 at 362 lbsa and in late 2010, just having started to work out and diet

The first one is me, Sept 2013.  I've now lost 139 lbs and been on HRT for 8 months.  Notice the breast growth under the suit and the white sports bra.  For some reason, I just won the lottery in that area.  Not so much in the face though.

Here is my unaltered picture and then an approximation of what FFS would do for me.  I used the approximation as my avatar for almost a year while I worked on getting insurance to pay for the FFS.  As one can see, I did not come close to passing.   

Just a few days prior to leaving for FFS.  My life had unraveled.  The delay for FFS caused severe dysphoria.  My marriage was blowing up.  I couldn't sleep.  Very hard time.

This is me a couple days post FFS  with Dr Z in a full head pressure cast.  The nurse was super, Cole was super everyone was super.  It made a hard time much easier.  I smiled though the pain knowing it was right.

A few days ago at work.  I'm down 164 lbs and I'm Jennifer, I'm me, I'm happy.  Although, I'm still dieting with another 20-30 to go!  I'll make it....

Me, my favorite

It's never to late for anyone to be themselves.

HUGS!!!!

Jen

P.S  I also got insurance to pay for FFS AND GRS is now covered at 100%.  If anyone wants help with insurance, I'm here and I'll help.
  •  

Tori

Ok, I am going to edit some of these photos out the next time I post one of these. This is getting pretty long. But hey, why not. Nine months in. Boobs are boobing. Body softening. Belly finally starting to go elsewhere but not fast enough.

Transition takes a lot of work. I am not full time yet. Don't quite have the wardrobe. But I am full time socially and then some. I would not say I have yet hit male fail but I am amazed to see that the time may come. I would gladly trade my shoulders for hips.

All of the people who post in this thread inspire me and I figure I should return the favor.

I try to avoid the downward spiral of vanity when possible but it does feel nice to look your best.

There is a long way to go but... nine months makes some changes.

Anyhoo, here is a timeline from before I started to last week.

Always start with a beard pic if possible.

Then do something more normal.

Finally on HRT 9 months ago.

First night out going andro/feminine.

After a bit more practice, and shopping.

Some geek chic.

Dress shopping.

Playing with makeup.

Day casual.

Hey! A smile!

Latest pic. New eyebrows! Although this pic doesn't show 'em off too much.

There we go.

And hey! 1000th post. Cool.

•  

JLT1

To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Illuminess

All of your photos are so wonderful. I haven't started HRT yet, but I can't wait to post my face(s) here. I'm really hoping it will do as an amazing job as everyone else. I know it's a case-by-case kind of thing, but all I see is magic. I think the only physical procedure I'll be getting is electrolysis. I'm too poor to afford much else. If you want to see what I look like now, click her: https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10352743_10154345020205253_7145049362695641472_n.jpg.
△ ☾ Rıνεя Aяıп Lαυяıε ☽ △

"Despair holds a sweetness that only an artist's tongue can taste."Illuminess
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Tori on July 27, 2014, 11:34:17 PM
Ok, I am going to edit some of these photos out the next time I post one of these. This is getting pretty long. But hey, why not. Nine months in. Boobs are boobing. Body softening. Belly finally starting to go elsewhere but not fast enough.

Transition takes a lot of work. I am not full time yet. Don't quite have the wardrobe. But I am full time socially and then some. I would not say I have yet hit male fail but I am amazed to see that the time may come. I would gladly trade my shoulders for hips.

All of the people who post in this thread inspire me and I figure I should return the favor.

I try to avoid the downward spiral of vanity when possible but it does feel nice to look your best.

There is a long way to go but... nine months makes some changes.

Anyhoo, here is a timeline from before I started to last week.

Always start with a beard pic if possible.

Dress shopping.

There we go.

And hey! 1000th post. Cool.
WoW girl you've come a very very loooooong way in only 9 months. You look great! Just think of where you'll be in another 12!

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Tori

•  

Lara the Lover and the Fighter

Quote from: Allyda on July 28, 2014, 11:37:34 AM
WoW girl you've come a very very loooooong way in only 9 months. You look great! Just think of where you'll be in another 12!

Allie :icon_flower:

I second this.  You look great. :)
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Alaia

Lookin really great Tori, it's amazing how far you've come. That beard was pretty epic, kinda crazy to see how much you've changed from that--and in just 9 months.

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Tori

Thanks. The beard remains... sigh. Much slower to grow now.

•  

Kaydee

Quote from: Tori on July 28, 2014, 06:32:32 PM

But the beard looks much better now!

You are looking great and making real progress!   Congratulations, you have come a long way!
Aimee

•  

Allyda

Quote from: Tori on July 28, 2014, 06:32:32 PM
Facial hair is natures cruel joke on the human race. There's no purpose for it unless you like straining soup. I never could understand the reason for it let alone how much trouble it is to get rid of. :icon_blah: :icon_anger:

Allie  :icon_ashamed:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

StevieAK

Quote from: Allyda on July 28, 2014, 07:32:50 PM
Facial hair is natures cruel joke on the human race. There's no purpose for it unless you like straining soup. I never could understand the reason for it let alone how much trouble it is to get rid of. :icon_blah: :icon_anger:

Allie  :icon_ashamed:

Amen I've ten laser appointments like hundred of hours of electro and the fight continues...winning slowly!!
  •  

lorena

Quote from: Megan Joanne on July 18, 2014, 12:32:23 AM
Started out with earliest baby pic, added to it, every several years or so of me, then every year from 2006 onward (skipping 2010 since I have none for that year). Started living full time as a woman February 6th 2001. Started hormones May 19th 2001.

1974 (1 month old)

1978? (4 years old?)

1983? (3rd grade?)

1988? (8th grade?)

1991? (was pretty dark then, we used to go to the beach a lot)

1995 (zits and long oily hair, and ugly scraggly facial hair)

1998 (in denial so shaved all my long pretty hair off, I am not a girl! I refuse to feel this way!)

early 2001? (pre-hormones, started living full time in the female role; I thought I was ugly but I was trying to accept myself anyway)

2001-2002? (early transitioning sometime shortly into hormones, so much happier with me)

2006 (first year of digital camera use, at least now exact dates of pictures won't be questionable)

2013 (didn't take many pics this year, it was all about cross-stitching so I didn't have but a few of me)

2014 (got tons of pics of me now, but this is one of the more recent from a week and a half ago)

You look awesome Megan Joanne, what a change. You look so pretty now.
  •  

Skeptoid

I had my first appointment with the endocrinologist. Now I just have to wait at least a week until I actually can begin hormones. Assuming my blood tests come back normal!
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

Livvykins

Quote from: StevieAK on July 28, 2014, 07:58:02 PM
Amen I've ten laser appointments like hundred of hours of electro and the fight continues...winning slowly!!

And to make matters worse... nothing covers it!
You can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy

Full time: Early 2013
HRT: 10/06/2012 Richard Curtis - London
FFS: 05/04/2013 FacialTeam - Marbella
FFS2: 03/02/2015 FacialTeam - Marbella
GCS: 08/04/2014 Dr Phil Thomas - Brighton
VFS: 25/06/2014 Yeson - Seoul Korea
BA/FFS3: 18/04/2016 Ocean Clinic - Marbella
  •  

April Lee

Mid January, 2014 (The day I decided to start HRT)

Day 175 of HRT
  •