Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevieAK

Quote from: April Lee on July 29, 2014, 05:45:22 PM
Mid January, 2014 (The day I decided to start HRT)

Day 175 of HRT

wow......looking grrrrrreat!!
  •  

Kaydee

Yes, April.  You are looking really good!
Aimee

•  

JLT1

To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

stephaniec

ok, I think I figured out how to do this   

from Nov., Jan. and the second one at 2 weeks ago

started HRT  Nov. 6

Does anyone see some change. I have a hard time being objective

oops, I don't know how that second to last one got in there
  •  

JLT1

Quote from: stephaniec on July 31, 2014, 04:12:44 PM
ok, I think I figured out how to do this   

from  Jan. to a few weeks ago and back to jan.
started HRT  Nov. 6

Does anyone see some change. I have a hard time being objective

oops, I don't know how that last one got in there
the 2nd one is the newest  the rest are from December and january

There is a lot of change.   Softer,  smoother.    Way good.

Hugs

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: JLT1 on July 31, 2014, 06:50:59 PM
There is a lot of change.   Softer,  smoother.    Way good.

Hugs

Jen
thanks a bunch. damn perception objectively all screwed up
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: stephaniec on July 31, 2014, 06:53:15 PM
thanks a bunch. damn perception objectively all screwed up

Stephanie,
I like your Greta Garbo look better, what's really important is that you're a nice person, neither of us will ever win any beauty contests, more age related than anything else I suppose, but chin up, we're both here and we belong here and so what! Huh?
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: Shantel on July 31, 2014, 08:19:28 PM
Stephanie,
I like your Greta Garbo look better, what's really important is that you're a nice person, neither of us will ever win any beauty contests, more age related than anything else I suppose, but chin up, we're both here and we belong here and so what! Huh?
thanks, Greta is my favorite
  •  

Alaia

That is quite the change Stephanie. Like Jen pointed out, your face has really softened--big time. All I see is a lady there in the most recent pic.

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: April Lee on July 29, 2014, 05:45:22 PM
Mid January, 2014 (The day I decided to start HRT)

Day 175 of HRT

April thank you so much for transitioning. You look way better and happier now. I have to admit being a little intimidated by the before picture! Mine was the same way! ;) :)
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: Alaia on July 31, 2014, 09:01:06 PM
That is quite the change Stephanie. Like Jen pointed out, your face has really softened--big time. All I see is a lady there in the most recent pic.
thanks
  •  

StevieAK

To me mature transitioners are rock stars.  I read things like "here I am pre hrt and living fulltime"  Im like....yeh... Id have done that Id had been in a straight jacket.  To become our true selves at risk of so much..families, wealth, status, friends, to be ostrocized by not only the the general population but even younger more"passable" trans people.  We have risked everything to say nothing of trying to conquer 50 years of testosterone ravaging out bodies and billions and billions, billions and billions...etc etc... of white face hairs.  I talked to one younger trans had two laser treatments and it was gone.....take a 32 hour two day clearing and we'll talk sugar...I dont want to hear how hard it was for that 15 min laser treatment on your lip that one time.

If we were mountain climbing we'd be on top of Denali from where we started whereas the younger tiny little things that put a skirt on and went out the door took a step up well...maybe less accomplished?

You are beautiful and precious and so admirable to be yourselves and have would win any beauty pageant I judged as the beauty of a person is not only the flesh but the soul.

Hugs to you and best wishes for your lives and all happiness.

Stevie

•  

Illuminess

Quote from: StevieAK on July 31, 2014, 11:25:22 PM
I talked to one younger trans had two laser treatments and it was gone.....take a 32 hour two day clearing and we'll talk sugar...I dont want to hear how hard it was for that 15 min laser treatment on your lip that one time.

LOL, too funny.

Lucky for me, my facial hair is pretty weak. I mean, I could probably grow a very pathetic beard, but it's far less dense than my male peers. I'll probably take the electrolysis route which, from what I understand, is way more painful. I'm hoping it won't take a whole year to do. I think after six months of HRT in my system it might be a bit easier to tackle, but I know nothing of this treatment. I'd rather endure months of that, though, than have to waste $30 on razor replacements all the time shaving this itchy mess. The hair on my neck grows in sideways, too, and I can never get everything. I'm 33, and I imagine that in 20 years from now it'll just be worse, so kudos to all the "older" folk for trudging through what is one of the most annoying obstacles of transition.
△ ☾ Rıνεя Aяıп Lαυяıε ☽ △

"Despair holds a sweetness that only an artist's tongue can taste."Illuminess
  •  

StevieAK

the "older" folk

Ahhhhhh I prefer experienced and epic but thats just me.  ;D

The longer ones the b-tch electro woman will want it longer, like a week...sorry to tell you.

I'd laser the dark ones asap, fry that stuff pronto.

Pretty hard to feel gorgeous when you have four days of hair on your face..:(  im doint it now for a saturday appointment. Do I look like I should have hair on my face??? Utterly maddening.....
  •  

Illuminess

Haha, that's why I wrote it in quotations! I feel ancient, myself. I should rename myself Gertrude when I reach 66. :P

My facial hair really isn't very dark. More like auburn.

Here's a pic with: http://www.lux-occultus.com/images/facehairgross.jpg
One without: http://www.lux-occultus.com/images/shaved.jpg

•  

Allyda

Quote from: stephaniec on July 31, 2014, 09:22:53 PM
thanks
Yea I agree Steph I see a lot of softening up in your face. Your a beautiful woman in your own right. Don't believe anything different.

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Illuminess

Quote from: StevieAK on July 31, 2014, 11:52:08 PM
Do I look like I should have hair on my face??? Utterly maddening.....
I really don't think anyone looks like they should have facial hair. It covers up your features, otherwise you're just a talking bush with eyes.  :D I guess some people pull it off, but if you line everyone up with a full beard you couldn't possibly pick someone out in a lineup unless they have a tattoo on their forehead. I have a friend who loves beards, and she even married one. I can barely stand two-day stubble, and it's not even all that thick. Still, it's itchy. Look at the singer for Placebo. He looks amazing, but when he decides to grow his facial hair it's like nononono shave it immediately!

•  

stephaniec

Quote from: Allyda on August 01, 2014, 12:55:31 AM
Yea I agree Steph I see a lot of softening up in your face. Your a beautiful woman in your own right. Don't believe anything different.

Allie :icon_flower:

thanks appreciate it as long as I don't look like Godzilla
  •  

Skeptoid

As long as you refrain from shooting out radioactive death beams from your mouth, I can safely say you look nothing like Godzilla. (That would be a pretty impressive ability though!)
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: Skeptoid on August 01, 2014, 03:27:07 PM
As long as you refrain from shooting out radioactive energy beams from your mouth, I can safely say you look nothing like Godzilla. (That would be a pretty impressive ability though!)

I want to shoot energy beams from my mouth! That would rock!

Imagine the burps...appreciation for a good meal could wipe out the whole dinner party.  :laugh:
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •