Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katiej

"Before I do anything I ask myself would an idiot do that? And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." --Dwight Schrute
  •  

lavistaa

Damni, you are both my age and my inspiration.

tapa_talk 4 sucks
  •  

devon14

Throwback Thursday: Blue shirt from May. Green shirt was taken today. Been on hormones now for 8 months! Holy crap does time fly by when you actually feel like a real human! :D

•  

Brenda E

Danielle, you're absolutely stunning.  A masterclass in what a dignified, classy transition can look like for us older girls.  Screw the whole "gotta start when you're twenty or you'll be mannish forever" myth; you blow that out of the water.

Seeing yourself like that, especially considering the "before", must be crazy.  When you were younger - the wistful guy standing against the tree, for example (and surely there's a story behind that picture if you'd care to tell it) - did you ever dream you'd be the girl in the white dress looking nothing short of 100% feminine and 100% beautiful?
  •  

misty2

I have not learned how to quote previous posts. Also, I think I do not yet have all privileges that most members have for posting. And I am trying to make my photo sizes more reasonable. Sorry for clogging the forum. Please forgive my clunky formatting. . . 

Lavistaa, amber roskamp, Kaydee, thank, you!

Stephaniec, you work so hard on this site! Thank you. So inspirational. 

missymay, you are elegant. That chin... those cheekbones.  Really beautiful. Then I read a post you wrote, in the past, about "not passing" and all I could think was... huh? Really?

Brenda, what a lovely affirming post. Thank you so much. I would like to take the time to write, with much more detail, what I was thinking when I was younger. I will eventually... a short version is that my biggest thought was probably fear. How will I ever meet someone who will love a freak like me? Also, a big thought was... Am I mentally ill? Also... what is the cure?

I assumed all guys felt like they were women to some degree. I just assumed all other guys were much better at dealing with it. I thought all guys hated their penis and testosterone. I know this will sound silly today. It really was not until the mid-1990's and the internet and the sun slowly started to emerge. Hey! Wait a minute. What, maybe I am not a sicko?

But back in the 70's the only books I could find in the library, that seemed to describe my condition, were abnormal psychology books. And the chapter that was closest to labeling me was right next to the chapter on pedophilia, paraphilia and fetishes. I learned quickly, this is not something to tell anyone! When I was younger, I was like a root bound plant. Completely compressed in my pot.

katiej, the dress is Yigal Azrouel. It is called a techno jacquard dress. The color is: Bone. Thank you so much for noticing, you have excellent taste! :-) I bought it over two years ago (on sale) and the photo you see is the first time I finally wore it. I simply was tired of waiting for the right event or excuse. I thought, "Hey, it's Christmas! Good enough." Also, I guess, I am gaining confidence. I'm kind of at the point where even if somebody does clock me I'm hoping they'll think something like... "Hmmm, is that a transsexual? Well, looks like they made the right decision." But, I like to think that people aren't thinking that way.

So I wore my fancy dress to visit my dermatologist, then to pick up my mail and to the car repair shop. I literally just ran errands in it. The shoes are also over two years old but this was the first time I had worn those as well. I did not intend for them to go together... but they seemed so perfect... when I pulled it all together. I wanted to wear nude pumps... but practicality won. The dress is super comfy as are the shoes... so it is dressy, but yet - easy.

The photos with this post, which I took tonight after a short "girl's night out" (and three glasses of wine,) are of a Wolford dress. Similar theory of styling as the one from two days ago. Comfy and easy... but, well...a touch sexy. This black dress has an entirely different attitude: punk + risqué... Keep in mind this is for a 50+ year old.  So my punk is not my daughter's punk. Both dresses are a little body-con. But, thanks to the texture (ruching is my friend,) length and sleeves... the sex gets toned down. Also... wearing flats keeps it real. I love heels, but not tonight.

As a note, what I learned tonight, which is very reassuring, is that older men do seem to like me. I am not used to that at all yet, not at all. Men can be very aggressive and smart. Surprise. I do fear my voice and other remnants of 49 years of "acting male" still waft around me like a cloud. I hope to continue to gain more assurance and will probably fly to Korea to have VFS. But, more importantly, how do I get those men a little younger? (Actually, I put myself in the lesbian camp. But everyone tells me to keep an open mind. Good advice at this stage.)

Kind regards, Dani

•  

GothFriendly

Quote from: misty2 on December 12, 2014, 12:49:57 AM
I have not learned how to quote previous posts. Also, I think I do not yet have all privileges that most members have for posting. And I am trying to make my photo sizes more reasonable. Sorry for clogging the forum. Please forgive my clunky formatting. . . 

Lavistaa, amber roskamp, Kaydee, thank, you!

Stephaniec, you work so hard on this site! Thank you. So inspirational. 

missymay, you are elegant. That chin... those cheekbones.  Really beautiful. Then I read a post you wrote, in the past, about "not passing" and all I could think was... huh? Really?

Brenda, what a lovely affirming post. Thank you so much. I would like to take the time to write, with much more detail, what I was thinking when I was younger. I will eventually... a short version is that my biggest thought was probably fear. How will I ever meet someone who will love a freak like me? Also, a big thought was... Am I mentally ill? Also... what is the cure?

I assumed all guys felt like they were women to some degree. I just assumed all other guys were much better at dealing with it. I thought all guys hated their penis and testosterone. I know this will sound silly today. It really was not until the mid-1990's and the internet and the sun slowly started to emerge. Hey! Wait a minute. What, maybe I am not a sicko?

But back in the 70's the only books I could find in the library, that seemed to describe my condition, were abnormal psychology books. And the chapter that was closest to labeling me was right next to the chapter on pedophilia, paraphilia and fetishes. I learned quickly, this is not something to tell anyone! When I was younger, I was like a root bound plant. Completely compressed in my pot.

katiej, the dress is Yigal Azrouel. It is called a techno jacquard dress. The color is: Bone. Thank you so much for noticing, you have excellent taste! :-) I bought it over two years ago (on sale) and the photo you see is the first time I finally wore it. I simply was tired of waiting for the right event or excuse. I thought, "Hey, it's Christmas! Good enough." Also, I guess, I am gaining confidence. I'm kind of at the point where even if somebody does clock me I'm hoping they'll think something like... "Hmmm, is that a transsexual? Well, looks like they made the right decision." But, I like to think that people aren't thinking that way.

So I wore my fancy dress to visit my dermatologist, then to pick up my mail and to the car repair shop. I literally just ran errands in it. The shoes are also over two years old but this was the first time I had worn those as well. I did not intend for them to go together... but they seemed so perfect... when I pulled it all together. I wanted to wear nude pumps... but practicality won. The dress is super comfy as are the shoes... so it is dressy, but yet - easy.

The photos with this post, which I took tonight after a short "girl's night out" (and three glasses of wine,) are of a Wolford dress. Similar theory of styling as the one from two days ago. Comfy and easy... but, well...a touch sexy. This black dress has an entirely different attitude: punk + risqué... Keep in mind this is for a 50+ year old.  So my punk is not my daughter's punk. Both dresses are a little body-con. But, thanks to the texture (ruching is my friend,) length and sleeves... the sex gets toned down. Also... wearing flats keeps it real. I love heels, but not tonight.

As a note, what I learned tonight, which is very reassuring, is that older men do seem to like me. I am not used to that at all yet, not at all. Men can be very aggressive and smart. Surprise. I do fear my voice and other remnants of 49 years of "acting male" still waft around me like a cloud. I hope to continue to gain more assurance and will probably fly to Korea to have VFS. But, more importantly, how do I get those men a little younger? (Actually, I put myself in the lesbian camp. But everyone tells me to keep an open mind. Good advice at this stage.)

Kind regards, Dani

I had to reset my password and login just to say WOW Holy Crap!

I am just getting started at 42 and it is great seeing more mature successes. Love the one with the black dress. Congratulations! Oh, I am getting teary.
  •  

Monica85

Hi,

Here is me 6 years before:

And this picturese is from this year:

•  

Brenda E

Quote from: Monica85 on December 12, 2014, 04:42:30 AM

Absolutely LOVE this photo!  It's one thing to take a good female selfie after hours of prepping and hours of sifting through hundreds of photos afterwards for the perfect picture.  It's a whole nother thing to be caught looking cute as a button in a random moment and come across as 100% unquestionably female.
  •  

misty2

Hi Monica,

You are beautiful and I am particularly jealous of your hair and shoulders. Is that too detailed? Probably, not on this forum:)

Kind Regards, Dani
  •  

Wynternight

You are the epitome of class and elegance, Dani!!
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Just Ole Me

Quote from: Athena on December 11, 2014, 06:01:27 PM
Throwback Thursday: Blue shirt from May. Green shirt was taken today. Been on hormones now for 8 months! Holy crap does time fly by when you actually feel like a real human! :D

You look awesome!!!
Just trying to find comfort in this "shell" that doesn't fit.  But I am "remodeling" the shell finally!
  •  

katiej

Quote from: misty2 on December 12, 2014, 12:49:57 AM

The nude flats dress it down but still keep it classy in classic monochromatic kind of way.  You could also wear it with a cardigan for running errands.

Your fortunate to have the hips to pull it off. I mostly stick to shift dresses these days and tend to shy away from the sheath or bodycon styles.
"Before I do anything I ask myself would an idiot do that? And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." --Dwight Schrute
  •  

anne_indy

Quote from: misty2 on December 10, 2014, 11:15:20 PM
My name is Dani or Danielle. I have visited this site for many, many years.

I think this is my first post. Hopefully an inspirational one.

Photo from yesterday Afternoon:

I may not leave this photos up, but I will start participating more in this forum. Thank you all for being a resource and inspiration.

Kind Regard,

Danielle

Dani - you're definitely an inspirational to us older girls who have yet to transition.
  •  

SonadoraXVX

I have to second that, what anne said, danielle, you are an inspiration for us older girls[emoji4] [emoji41]
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Wynternight

Quote from: SonadoraXVX on December 13, 2014, 10:07:55 PM
I have to second that, what anne said, danielle, you are an inspiration for us older girls[emoji4] [emoji41]

Most definitely! I hope I look as elegant and lovely as you do. :)
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

misty2

Thank you all so much. I knew you would all be kind and accepting and you have exceeded my expectations. I have included another photo here one month before I turned 47. I had completed Laser Hair removal by that age. But my public transition would not start for at least another two years.

If anyone has any specific questions about my transition, please ask, nothing is too personal (I do not think anyhow... we'll see.) I certainly will not be offended by any question.

I realize every situation has uniqueness. However, I think that there are many consistent stops on what is becoming a pretty clear path to a successful transition. Particularly when it comes to appearance. To me this was a critical part of my transition. However, I do think it has become less essential and will continue to become less important. I am sensing a shift in some areas of society that being clearly transgender, physically, is being celebrated. These are just pockets - but they are growing.  We are moving in the right direction.

I went to a drag show last night. Unbelievably, it is the first I have ever attended! If you can't wear heels to a drag show, where can you wear them? So, here two photos from last night. I am sorry they are so dark. I included the pre-transition photo to stay in keeping with the theme of this thread. Also, I included a photo with better lighting that for some reason two of my friends just love. I do not care for it... at all. I think my hair is a mess and my expression is very goofy. I include it because they love it and because it is a photo I would not normally share. I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and will try to get a photo up of me in no makeup at all even it is just a bathroom selfie. I do not wear a ton of make-up but I do love lipstick and mascara. I am still coming to grips with the idea of playing up only the lips OR the eyes. Not both! I am not averse to breaking rules. In fact I like it. But, I need to master the existing rules before I break them.

Kind regards, Danielle

Fyi... I think this will be the last photos I will post to this thread and I expect I will take down my  photos in the next week or so. I will probably post photos in the future but they should probably go under a different subject thread. (I will still try to do one without makeup.) I was wondering if I could get comfortable having my "before" photos up. I cannot seem to beat that discomfort right now. Every time I log in and see them, I still seem to get a little queasy. So, given the thread subject, if I take down the "before" I should also probably take down the "after".
  •  

misty2

•  

SonadoraXVX

You carry yourself very well and are photogenic to tell the truth. [emoji4] I started hrt at 44 and you inspire the rest of us 40 and over that it is possible to transition and be successful at it.[emoji41]

Lucia
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Zoë

Hi everyone how are you? Hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season! I know I am! :) so I've been on hormones for 10 months and one day! How crazy is that? Anyways just wanted to show some progress pictures. Also: has anyone else developed to a D cup after such a short period of time? Is this common or should I be worried?

•  

stephaniec

Quote from: Zoë on December 15, 2014, 05:25:48 PM
Hi everyone how are you? Hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season! I know I am! :) so I've been on hormones for 10 months and one day! How crazy is that? Anyways just wanted to show some progress pictures. Also: has anyone else developed to a D cup after such a short period of time? Is this common or should I be worried?

you look great. I'm a DD at 14 months
  •