Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GothFriendly

Quote from: Alaia on February 07, 2015, 05:18:05 PM
Yeah, I think you are doing great for 42. I love the goth look!

It's funny, the pic of you from 10 months ago is very similar to how I used to look before transition. We could almost have been brothers... secret sisters :P :D
Aw heck, I'll post a photo for reference:

Okay, maybe not siblings, but cousins maybe. Anyway, it's great to see another transitioner at close to the same age (I'm 39). Keep up the electro as often as your wallet and regrowth rate will allow. That's the only thing I wish I'd been more aggressive with. It's embarrassing on days like today when I'm growing my facial hair out for electro and have to interact with others while doing so :-\

Wow thanks! Yeah, it was not easy to find examples my age with similar build and face, but there were a few here, >-bleeped-< and youtube that gave me the courage. I hope to be able to pass it along if I can.

I started electro immediately, even before hormones, wish I did it more before my face started getting softer. Now I do about two to three hours a week, and solo tv party   on the weekend with ice on my face. sigh.

•  

Evelyn K

(Evelyn K waves again!)

Haven't been here since Aug 2014 and 5 months after here's my before and after progress, now approaching 10 months of hrt.

(Please don't quote the photo if replying it will be removed a little later. Don't want to mess up the forum formatting with an empty image link.)

Just wearing eye liner and some mascara at the moment. So far things seem cool. I haven't been sir'd since last Nov even without makeup. So I've really been walking on cloud 9 a lot lately. I want to try some new things with my hair like some subtle curls. But I'm still growing it out, length reaches the end of my sternum at the moment.

It's been a momentous 5 months for me to say the least!

•  

amber roskamp

you look good evelyn. facial hair aside you looked femme you begin with. but it looks like you have made great progress since then.
  •  

GothFriendly

Quote from: JustASeq on February 06, 2015, 05:00:26 PM

Before                                                                                           After     

This cracks me up as well, loved IT Crowd, and I am a fellow alumni of tech support. I dig your crazy (in a good way) hair color combinations and patterns.

I used to do support for Humongous Games, then Infogrames which became Atari. This was all the same company in the same building, I was at Humongous on 9/11.

My favorites were:

Me: "Ok, go to Start..."
Them: "WHOA, WHOA, Slow down..."

And guys from the south in a heavy accent would say "Do what now?"

•  

JustASeq

Quote from: GothFriendly on February 08, 2015, 12:23:26 PM
This cracks me up as well, loved IT Crowd, and I am a fellow alumni of tech support. I dig your crazy (in a good way) hair color combinations and patterns.

I used to do support for Humongous Games, then Infogrames which became Atari. This was all the same company in the same building, I was at Humongous on 9/11.

My favorites were:

Me: "Ok, go to Start..."
Them: "WHOA, WHOA, Slow down..."

And guys from the south in a heavy accent would say "Do what now?"

Ahh the life of a tech person!!  And regarding my hair....  I play guitar in a punk band so it's good for the stage... I also just get bored a lot, but thanks :)

BTW you are looking great :)
-Seq
  •  

GothFriendly

Quote from: JustASeq on February 08, 2015, 12:27:34 PM
Ahh the life of a tech person!!  And regarding my hair....  I play guitar in a punk band so it's good for the stage... I also just get bored a lot, but thanks :)

BTW you are looking great :)

Thanks! I have a long way to go, but it has been a break through week for me.
  •  

StrykerXIII

So much inspiration for me here! I'd add my own, but it's just a "before hair & makeup/after hair & makeup", I haven't even started my transition yet...that, and I don't think this site likes my browser very much. I keep hitting roadblocks  :icon_userfriendly:
To strive to reach the apex of evolution is folly, for to achieve the pinnacle is to birth a god.

When the Stryker fires, all turn to dust in its wake.
  •  

amber roskamp

before- 5 years ago taken when I was 18.

During-1 month and 20 days on hormones now 23.

after- you'll have to wait ;)

also please don't copy my image in the replies.
  •  

JLT1

Quote from: Evelyn K on February 08, 2015, 01:44:00 AM
(Evelyn K waves again!)

Haven't been here since Aug 2014 and 5 months after here's my before and after progress, now approaching 10 months of hrt.

It's been a momentous 5 months for me to say the least!

OMG.  You are beautiful.  You have to be excited. 

Hugs,

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

Quote from: amber roskamp on February 08, 2015, 07:32:36 PM
before- 5 years ago taken when I was 18.

During-1 month and 20 days on hormones now 23.

after- you'll have to wait ;)

also please don't copy my image in the replies.

Such a change to the appearance of your face when you have hair. If you are only just shy of 2 months, Girl, you are going to be a knock out in my opinion from what I am seeing.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: Cassie 4 Ever!!! on February 08, 2015, 10:49:23 PM
Such a change to the appearance of your face when you have hair. If you are only just shy of 2 months, Girl, you are going to be a knock out in my opinion from what I am seeing.

Awe thanks! I have been told that I look like a different person with Long hair. Also I was like 175 in the first pic and now I am just 140. So that makes a big differense as well.
  •  

Phyliciaraine

Should be fixed. Sorry.
Ok so its been about 11 months on HRT so far. Figured I'd show everyone how I'm doing. I also wanted to give some hope as well. I've been seeing a lot of posts about people worried about transitioning in their 30's. I was 32 when I started my transition. I was extremely scared and i was convinced that I would ALWAYS look like a man in drag. I'll let the results speak for themselves.

Before

After
In Your Journey, The Most Amazing Person You'll Find...Is Who You Become.
~Phylicia~

My wife's blog wifeoftrans.wordpress.com

•  

StrykerXIII

Quote from: Riley Skye on February 08, 2015, 01:02:53 AM
Awe thanks for the happy feels gals :D

It has been such a long journey in transition and I have so much left to do with my mental health but I can finally start finishing up the legal side of my transition. It is so amazing to think how much just a couple years makes for all the good and bad. I've been having a real rough week but this made me smile a lot :)

Riley! I knew I'd seen you somewhere before, we used to both be in a trans support group on facebook!
To strive to reach the apex of evolution is folly, for to achieve the pinnacle is to birth a god.

When the Stryker fires, all turn to dust in its wake.
  •  

Evelyn K

Quote from: amber roskamp on February 08, 2015, 08:09:47 AM
you look good evelyn. facial hair aside you looked femme you begin with. but it looks like you have made great progress since then.

Quote from: JLT1 on February 08, 2015, 08:40:17 PM
OMG.  You are beautiful.  You have to be excited. 

Hugs,

Jen

Thankye thankye Amber, JLT1

Yeah I'm excited. ;D Life's been 'interesting'. I launched myself over the rainbow not sure what was going to happen and quelle surprise... Two full years can't arrive fast enough. I'm so there!

NEWaYz GoInG tO disappear again. I'm all set but might bounce off the forum in the summer.

Seeeya's!
  •  

katiej

Evelyn, I was really excited to see your avatar pop up again!  :)

The before/after photos aren't there anymore.  But I suppose you knew that, yes?
"Before I do anything I ask myself would an idiot do that? And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." --Dwight Schrute
  •  

immortal gypsy

Before 28 September 2013

After 8 January 2015

Around 51 weeks on hormones (yes I can be that precise sometimes)
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Evelyn K

Quote from: katiej on February 10, 2015, 01:13:15 AM
Evelyn, I was really excited to see your avatar pop up again!  :)

The before/after photos aren't there anymore.  But I suppose you knew that, yes?

Arghhhh.... Katie look what you made me do (brought me back!) Yes that's what I preferred. Thanks to the mods for the edits.

Unfortunately I really do gotta go or this place will-monopolize-my-time-and-thoughts again. Yeah I like the "cold turkey" approach to nixing addictions. :D

Stay sharp sisters. All of you.
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: immortal gypsy on February 10, 2015, 02:08:06 AM
Before 28 September 2013

After 8 January 2015

Around 51 weeks on hormones (yes I can be that precise sometimes)
moving along quite nicely , but your hair changed color
  •  

Nati

Big me before.

After 1 year and 2 months of HRT, i started to loose my muscle mass or i hope i'm :) , sorry for bad light.

An face

And last one

Sadly i don't have or will have enough money for FFS, i need to live with what i got.
Thank you for any attention :)
  •  

ChiGirl

Looking sharp, Nati.  Personally, I don't think you need FFS.  And I love those glasses. 
  •