Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squircle

Quote from: Skeptoid on May 24, 2015, 11:49:54 PM
I do not like the way the pictures I take with my DSLR come out. My skin is all messed up from electrolysis every single day of the week now. This was actually a week after electrolysis and I can still see how it messed up my skin. That camera is too sharp and picks out every little flaw. I swear up and down to you my skin looks better in person. Literally the only reason I am willing to share these at all is because I was out of town and thus missed one appointment so I was less messed up than usual when I took these photos. It's also not easy to take good selfies from that close with that sort of lens.

Your skin is really good actually. These photos are so much better than the other 'after' shots. I'm guessing you ran a smart blur on those or something? That's if you are using photoshop anyway. Either way they look heavily processed, I see quite a few pictures on here with the same look and it kind of takes away the point in posting them in the first place.

Anyway, you look great, I think you could actually stand to put some weight on so that you get a bit more softness (although your face definitely has lost some of the angularity of the before shots), but your features are very delicate and you have big eyes. :)
  •  

Skeptoid

As I said before, they were simply taken with a bad phone camera.
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

Marly

Quote from: SarahBoo on May 24, 2015, 08:20:50 AM

Blessed be the before&after thread, roaming free with a life of its own!

I guess transition is getting real for me now ...

soooo pretty!
  •  

Squircle

Quote from: Skeptoid on May 25, 2015, 03:09:07 AM

Sorry I missed that. Some phones must have some noise reduction filters built in... found an article on it here:

http://reframe.gizmodo.com/turn-off-your-cameras-noise-reduction-1633706147

Anyway you really do look great, and I wish my skin looked as good as yours. :)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Skeptoid on May 25, 2015, 03:09:07 AM

Yes. Now your AFTER photos look more natural. You may try outdoor photos soon.
Typically our face look more natural when an outdoor photo is taken in cloudy days.
Smartphone is not so good to take close-up photos, but is as good as DSLR in taking landscape photos. For example, one of my photos taken by my ex-smartphone, Iphone 4SE.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Skeptoid

I am aware that outdoor lighting at certain times of day will make my face look nicer. I wasn't trying to take the best photos ever though, just stuff while I was sitting around waiting.
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

April Lee

Around 2007

Memorial Day 2015 - About 16 Months of HRT
  •  

llerret

•  

awilliams1701

Ashley
  •  

awilliams1701

Ashley
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Squircle on May 25, 2015, 10:36:57 AM
Sorry I missed that. Some phones must have some noise reduction filters built in... found an article on it here:

http://reframe.gizmodo.com/turn-off-your-cameras-noise-reduction-1633706147

Anyway you really do look great, and I wish my skin looked as good as yours. :)

Actually while I do run photoshop express on my pictures (such as my avatar) to correct exposure and stuff, the softness you see is the front camera being affected by sunlight. When you take selfies with the front cam they don't come out as well as the back cam which has a better lens and OIS in my phone.
  •  

Sammy

There can always be hope!

Well, around the time when this pic was taken, I did not think so. Whenever I looked into mirror and saw that reflection, I was thinking "No way... no friggin' way people would ever look at me and see as a woman. I wish I could send a letter to him from the future.

20 months - was still thinking that it's the clothing that does the trick.

24 months - I am starting to suspect that no matter what the clothes are, people would look at me and only see a woman. That is a bit scary (especially out in the dark and I do miss "his" physical provess at times), but liberating feeling.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: llerret on May 25, 2015, 07:49:47 PM
16 Months Strong

That top is just adorable. I love it.

You look stunning as always Ilerret.
  •  

Paige

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on May 27, 2015, 06:30:59 AM

24 months - I am starting to suspect that no matter what the clothes are, people would look at me and only see a woman.

Hi Emily,
I agree with you, you've really come a long way. 
Paige :)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on May 27, 2015, 06:30:59 AM
24 months - I am starting to suspect that no matter what the clothes are, people would look at me and only see a woman. That is a bit scary (especially out in the dark and I do miss "his" physical provess at times), but liberating feeling.

It sounds great!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

JustASeq

Pre-transition 2009

Pre-HRT but full-time 2014

After just under 11 months HRT 2015
-Seq
  •  

awilliams1701

Lookin good! purple hair is a lot of fun!

Quote from: JustASeq on May 28, 2015, 01:16:33 PM
Pre-transition 2009

Pre-HRT but full-time 2014

After just under 11 months HRT 2015

Ashley
  •  

Tiffanie

I have promised myself I would not do these before and after shots, but I am happy with where I am  ;D

February 2009 -

June 2012

May 2015

Just a wee bit of difference :-)

Sammy

Hey, Barbie, Paige - thank You, both of You :). It was indeed a long way, probably much longer than I could remember now...

JustASeq - Yours is the case, when Before-and-After does not look like the same at all! :)
  •  

Sammy

Tiffanie, nice to see You back (I do remember You actually and was sometimes wondering how are You doing). I have to admit that there is more than wee bit of difference between June 2012 and today - You are glowing from inside and that shows on Your pics! And You are looking good and very happy :).
  •