Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah Samira

Quote from: Dana88 on August 11, 2015, 10:55:28 AM
Haven't posted on the before and afters for a while! Figured it's time for a new one :-).

The top left photo is when I was around 20 years old. The top right photo is about four months pre-HRT. Then the bottom left is about 3 months of HRT. And finally the bottom right was yesterday at 8 months HRT  :). I'm also about 45lbs down from that top right photo.

You look absolutely beautiful Dana!! I'm very jealous of your hair!! :-* xxx
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

Dana88

Quote from: Kimberley Beauregard on August 12, 2015, 04:33:40 AM
Agreed. Dana, you're stunning!

April Lee, I always love seeing your transformation. You look beautiful.

Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Dana
  •  

Dana88

Quote from: Sophie Hannah Alexis on August 12, 2015, 05:26:40 PM
You look absolutely beautiful Dana!! I'm very jealous of your hair!! :-* xxx

Thank you!!! Y'all know how to make a gal feel good about herself :-).

And thanks, my hair is one of my favorite features. Male pattern baldness runs in my family on my mom's side and I was one of three boys, obviously pre transitioning, and then on my mom's side I have five male cousins. So we always used to say, at least one of the eight of us is gonna go bald... Now it's only one of 7 boys muwahaha. Oh life after quitting manhood haha. I'm just glad that if it was going to be me, I started HRT before I had any thinning haha. Though I don't think I would have gone bald. My hair was super thick even pre transition with no sign of thinning or receding at 25. My goal is to grow it out to Kardashian length :-).

~Dana
  •  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: Dana88 on August 12, 2015, 06:05:12 PM
Thank you!!! Y'all know how to make a gal feel good about herself :-).

And thanks, my hair is one of my favorite features. Male pattern baldness runs in my family on my mom's side and I was one of three boys, obviously pre transitioning, and then on my mom's side I have five male cousins. So we always used to say, at least one of the eight of us is gonna go bald... Now it's only one of 7 boys muwahaha. Oh life after quitting manhood haha. I'm just glad that if it was going to be me, I started HRT before I had any thinning haha. Though I don't think I would have gone bald. My hair was super thick even pre transition with no sign of thinning or receding at 25. My goal is to grow it out to Kardashian length :-).

Haha that's pretty much the same with my family!! Hopefully I'll have the same luck you had!! :P xxx

•  

Dana88

Quote from: Sophie Hannah Alexis on August 12, 2015, 06:30:45 PM
Haha that's pretty much the same with my family!! Hopefully I'll have the same luck you had!! :P xxx

A long time ago when I was getting a haircut, I mentioned my fear of going bald, and the woman cutting my hair said that most of the time in her experience, if someone is going to go bald, she sees signs of it as young as 19/20. So if you don't see any signs of it yet, you're probably okay!

~Dana
  •  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: Dana88 on August 12, 2015, 06:35:48 PM
A long time ago when I was getting a haircut, I mentioned my fear of going bald, and the woman cutting my hair said that most of the time in her experience, if someone is going to go bald, she sees signs of it as young as 19/20. So if you don't see any signs of it yet, you're probably okay!

That has put my mind at ease a bit!! Thank you!! :P But it does run in BOTH sides of my family so if I avoid it it'll be a small miracle!! ;) xxx

•  

Dana88

Quote from: Sophie Hannah Alexis on August 12, 2015, 06:40:18 PM
That has put my mind at ease a bit!! Thank you!! :P But it does run in BOTH sides of my family so if I avoid it it'll be a small miracle!! ;) xxx

Any chance of starting HRT any time soon? Then you won't have to worry about it anymore.

~Dana
  •  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: Dana88 on August 12, 2015, 06:45:42 PM
Any chance of starting HRT any time soon? Then you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Short answer? Nope!! Probably not for another (minimum) 3 years!! :/ xxx

•  

Paige

Quote from: Sophie Hannah Alexis on August 12, 2015, 06:46:59 PM
Short answer? Nope!! Probably not for another (minimum) 3 years!! :/ xxx

It won't happen overnight but, if you're worried about hairloss you should probably think about taking finasteride.  It lowers the DHT in your system that causes hair loss.

Paige :)

•  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: Paige on August 12, 2015, 07:17:30 PM
It won't happen overnight but, if you're worried about hairloss you should probably think about taking finasteride.  It lowers the DHT in your system that causes hair loss.

Oooooh I'll have a look in to that!! Thank you!! :) xxx

•  

Jessie Ann

This me a year ago and after 5 months HRT.

The property manager for the house I rent was over today and said that if she couldn't believe the difference between me and my picture (the year old one).
  •  

Lady Smith

Wow Jessie you've come a long way.  Well done girl!   :icon_bunch:
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Jessie Ann on August 12, 2015, 08:31:07 PM
This me a year ago and after 5 months HRT.

Wow Jessie that's remarkable after only 5 months. 

•  

ErinS

8 days post FFS with Mayer, still a little swollen but reasonable looking.

•  

Marlee

Quote from: ErinS on August 14, 2015, 05:29:21 AM

Absolutely beautiful Erin :)
  •  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: ErinS on August 14, 2015, 05:29:21 AM

Totally gorgeous Erin!! You've got a beautiful face shape and you honestly look nothing like you did before!! You're hot!! :P ❤️ xxx

•  

Sharon Anne McC

WOW!  There are so many fantastic changes.  My best to all.

Sorry, I do not know how to bring an image to here so let me refer to elsewhere.

I mentioned this at my site (https://slimandme.wordpress.com/2015/08/07/incognito/) where I posted my comparable pictures. I guess I did alright.

A sister site extracted and posted four of my photos side-by-side as I have done on my own computer - yep there were good changes.  I wish I could remember whose site so that I could credit them and send you there.  Maybe it was Susan here, or Kira.  I'm an old-timer - I started in 1974, began ERT in 1979, operations in 1982 and 1983, and finally finished transition in 1985.  No regrets.

1956:  Birth (AMAB)
1974-1985:  Transition (core transition:  1977-1985)
1977:  Enrolled in Stanford University Medical Center's 'Gender Dysphoria Program'
1978:  First transition medical appointment
1978:  Corresponded with Janus Information Facility (Galveston)
1978:  Changed my SSA file to Sharon / female
1979:  First psychological evaluation - passed
1979:  Began ERT (Norinyl, DES, Premarin, estradiol, progesterone)
1980:  Arizona affirmed me legally as Sharon / female
1980:  MVD changed my licence to Sharon / female
1980:  First bank account as Sharon / female
1982:  Inter-sex exploratory:  diagnosed Inter-sex (genetically female)
1983:  Inter-sex corrective surgery
1984:  Full-blown 'male fail' phase
1985:  Transition complete to female full-time forever
2015:  Awakening from self-imposed deep stealth and isolation
2015 - 2016:  Chettawut Clinic - patient companion and revision
Today:  Happy!
Future:  I wanna return to Bangkok with other Thai experience friends

•  

JLT1

Quote from: Stella Sophia on August 14, 2015, 03:53:59 AM

Nice!  Three months HRT...not bad at all.

You've lost weight.  Way to go

Hugs

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Leah443

This is me about a year before coming out (look how happy i look lol) and this is me about a year and a half on HRT. I feel much better about being in my own skin :)
  •