Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monica Jean

Quote from: Jenny0713 on May 31, 2016, 07:47:17 AM
Monica Jean, if you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you started HRT?  I am 52 an worry I won't look good as a female because of my age. You look wonderful!  You are so lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenny, Thank you for the kind compliments! :)  We all worry if we will turn out OK.  Even those in their early 20's have the same worries. 

I started just before my 44th birthday.  Give yourself a couple years. HRT is magic in many ways, but it's slow.  Puberty takes 3-7 years so don't hurry anything.  As always, I suggest injectables for the most reliable and solid feminization.  You got this girl!
  •  

Monica Jean

Quote from: Keri - formerly known as Dodie on June 02, 2016, 10:56:29 AM
I wish I could just download from my computer an image.. UGH...
How do ya all do it,
Keri

If you have a picture of yourself on Pinterest, Dropbox, or some other source, you can directly link to it.  Not sure if Facebook allows for direct picture linking any longer.
  •  

Jessie Ann

Hey Jenny - I know you didn't ask me but I startred HRT in March of 2015 and I was one year older than you. To give you an idea here is a picture of me in Aug 2014 when I was 53 (on the left) and one of me a couple weeks ago right after I turned 55 (on the left).  Age is only one of the determining factors.....

Quote from: Jenny0713 on May 31, 2016, 07:47:17 AM
Monica Jean, if you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you started HRT?  I am 52 an worry I won't look good as a female because of my age. You look wonderful!  You are so lucky.

Aaahhhhhhh thank you girl!!  ❤️❤️❤️

Quote from: Keri - formerly known as Dodie on June 02, 2016, 10:48:37 AM

U are da babe... just beautiful girl..
Keri
  •  

Jenny0713

Oh my gosh, Jessie Ann!  You look wonderful!  Thank you so much for sharing!  You have inspired me.  Jenny wants to live so badly.  I just hope she can bloom like the flower she is inside me.

Jenny.
Been trying to find myself since 4/5/16. Was lost before then. Still long road ahead.

•  

Jessie Ann

You can do it girl!  It is amazing once you let your true self out. 

Quote from: Jenny0713 on June 03, 2016, 11:16:07 PMJenny wants to live so badly.  I just hope she can bloom like the flower she is inside me.

Jenny.
  •  

Jenny0713

Been trying to find myself since 4/5/16. Was lost before then. Still long road ahead.

•  

Amber42

Jessie Ann, it is inspiring to see your transition at your age.  You look great!

The life I've worked so hard to create is at risk of collapse if I become who I am inside.  With wives, kids and a good career, transition is not an option, at least right now, but the stress of getting older and regret is there. 

You've given some hope :-)

•  

stephaniec

•  

starting_anew

Hi everyone :)

It's been a while since I've been at Susan's, but I was feeling on the better side today, and thought I'd share a quick before and after.  I'm 30, and have been on HRT for 6.5 months.  Really excited to see where things go in the next 6 months :).  I've had some really difficult experiences over the last little while, but transitioning is something I'll never regret having started.

If anyone wants to see my more detailed timeline, click on the link below!

http://imgur.com/a/JL1bZ

SRS: September 2017
Partial FFS: February 2019
  •  

MichaelaLJ1972

HRT is doing very well with you :) You look great!

Quote from: starting_anew on June 05, 2016, 07:54:06 PM

It's been a while since I've been at Susan's, but I was feeling on the better side today, and thought I'd share a quick before and after.  I'm 30, and have been on HRT for 6.5 months.  Really excited to see where things go in the next 6 months :).  I've had some really difficult experiences over the last little while, but transitioning is something I'll never regret having started.

•  

starting_anew

•  

alex82

I really liked your timeline.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

You pass very well. Very amazing transistion. The old you looks very masculine and "he" looks like a whole different person. "He" could be your brother. Now you looks pretty and do pass very well. It's amazing how you manage to transistion from very masculine looking to a very cis-like woman.
  •  

starting_anew

Quote from: alex82 on June 05, 2016, 10:58:42 PM
I really liked your timeline.

Thank you so much :) It's been the hardest year of my life (not just in terms of trans stuff), but I'm hopeful things may be looking up :)

•  

starting_anew

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on June 06, 2016, 11:22:07 AM
You pass very well. Very amazing transistion. The old you looks very masculine and "he" looks like a whole different person. "He" could be your brother. Now you looks pretty and do pass very well. It's amazing how you manage to transistion from very masculine looking to a very cis-like woman.

Thanks!!  That's actually super reassuring.  I had some awful experiences when I was not passing at all, and I still live with non-passing paranoia every time I'm out of the house as a result.  My bf, friends and family all tell me I don't have anything to worry about, but my mind is taking its good time to come around to that.  Thanks in any case :)

•  

Jenny0713

I don't have any after pictures yet since I have not started HRT yet but I wanted to hear from people to find out if I have a chance of looking good as female. Viewing my profile picture, do you think I will look ok?  Do you think I have a chance assuming I do electrolysis and HRT?  Thanks. Jenny. 

•  

starting_anew

Quote from: Jenny0713 on June 06, 2016, 12:23:43 PM
I don't have any after pictures yet since I have not started HRT yet but I wanted to hear from people to find out if I have a chance of looking good as female. Viewing my profile picture, do you think I will look ok?  Do you think I have a chance assuming I do electrolysis and HRT?  Thanks. Jenny. 

I don't see why that wouldn't be the case.  I think you're already pretty :) 

One thing I've learned is that pre-HRT pics give you no indication of what to expect.  I can tell you I looked *nothing* like my current self while I was still pre-HRT, even with tons of makeup and a wig, and I have a friend who started off looking fairly feminine and still looks basically the same (she was gorgeous to begin with).  It's the classic YMMV (=your mileage may vary). 

For me, the hardest lesson has been to stop taking myself seriously, and to become confident in my appearance despite hearing the occasional "sir" - and the more I've been able to do this, the more I've been getting gendered correctly.  HRT has helped a lot, but I think attitude has carried me further.  Also, voice, laser hair removal, mannerisms, style, etc all combine to determine how well you present overall.

•  

Jenny0713

Ok. Thanks. I am sure it is just my insecurity speaking. Just fearful of the future I guess.

•  

Amber42

Awesome job!!  You look great, in a relatively short period as well.

Your timeline is very good.  I love to see this progress.  I know how addictive transitional videos are...it's amazing to see the transformation and see the happiness shine through.

What voice training did you do? Was it with a professional or "DIY"?

•  

starting_anew

Quote from: Amber42 on June 06, 2016, 01:40:05 PM
Awesome job!!  You look great, in a relatively short period as well.

Your timeline is very good.  I love to see this progress.  I know how addictive transitional videos are...it's amazing to see the transformation and see the happiness shine through.

What voice training did you do? Was it with a professional or "DIY"?

Thank you Amber!!  That's very kind of you :)

My voice training was all DIY, but I did sing in my late teens/early twenties, so I just drew on my singing voice and played around with it until I found the right range.  It took a lot of practice.  You see in my timeline that I started from a deep baritone, and it took over 6-7 months of almost daily practice - and a willingness to sound silly/unnatural/cartoony in public - before it truly began to click.

•