News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Returning to a path?

Started by Kulti, August 11, 2014, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kulti

Hey guys..

So I've been having some inner turmoil for a week or so about this, but i think I'm being called back to the Egyptian pantheon. It's rough for me because of who i used to be during that time. A painful pastlife there also makes me kind of block a few things that I'm sure are trying to reach me.

But I'm at a loss now. I've felt a strange call from Set, but reading about him makes me go "oh great.." seeing as all i can seem to attract are chaos/disorder gods. I was a proud heathen with Loki as a god, and now that I'm feeling pulled another way I find the same theme stays with me. Which also scares me a little.

I've been out of the Egyptian pantheon for years and years, so it's all a little blurry to me. I feel kinda newbish and scared, so i don't know where or how to get a hold of this. I've been researching and looking up random things and it just seems to further confuse me. Also, i am a bit more god(s) centered, haven't been one for goddesses, though they are nice to have around sometimes ^^;

So! Any words of advice? And I'd also be open to anyone helping me with this egypt thing x.x
Make it work. - Tim Gunn

*My art blog*
  •  

Edge

Quote from: Kulti on August 11, 2014, 11:31:35 AM
But I'm at a loss now. I've felt a strange call from Set, but reading about him makes me go "oh great.." seeing as all i can seem to attract are chaos/disorder gods. I was a proud heathen with Loki as a god, and now that I'm feeling pulled another way I find the same theme stays with me. Which also scares me a little.
Why? What's wrong with Set? Why are do chaos gods scare you?
  •  

Kulti

Quote from: Edge on August 11, 2014, 04:11:41 PM
Why? What's wrong with Set? Why are do chaos gods scare you?

Nothing's wrong with chaos or Set at all! I love chaos. Thing is i guess i get the stigma of it in my head sometimes. Of the certain gods being 'bad guys' ? I don't know really. This fear of them only started when I was first talking to Loki, then I was good after I embraced it. I haven't lost it inside of me, either. uuuugh *confuse*

And on Set himself, i don't have any experience with him so i guess it's just an initial fear of the unknown. I've also had a lot more fear lately, which bugs me too.
Make it work. - Tim Gunn

*My art blog*
  •  

Edge

Fair enough. It seems most mythologies are viewed through monotheist lenses these days which means someone is usually seen as "the bad guy" despite that not being the case in the original belief system.
  •  

Kulti

Ok this is kind of random, but I just remembered something that might be important to all this.

When I was following the Egyptian Pantheon, I was pretty strong in it. But my father took down the altar I had and... well, let's just say something very, very traumatic happened and I lost a lot of my own power and spirit within my space. I haven't ever gained that back, and I've never looked at Egypt again (for religious things).

Though i wonder how i can truly come back from something like that...
Make it work. - Tim Gunn

*My art blog*
  •  

Edge

Maybe you being drawn back to it now is a sign that it's time to get your power back.
  •