Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What kind of creature are you in the Unicorn Forest? Come play with me - please

Started by Satinjoy, August 12, 2014, 10:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah7

Faint lights filtered green through the leaves dance over her still form, lingering on a mole here, a scar there... It is quiet, calm in the deep forest, the warm dark. She lies in the grass and watches the leaves and the light, and thinks. Worries. Work, pain, writing, love, surgery. Destroy the zygomatico-temporal branch of the trigeminal nerve: words that mean new scars and old hopes.

She struggles to put the thoughts together, chemical swirls and electrical storms. Struggles to write, as always, as always.

Abruptly she stands... and staggers as blood rushes about in her body. She laughs at herself, at her awkwardness, at her frustrations and insecurities. Spinning about, making herself more dizzy on purpose now--being unhappy is too exhausting, really, to do for too long.

Stepping away from herself, she wonders about the others. What their lives really feel like from the inside, what they worry and dream about in the dark, in their most secret hiding places. Whether they've found the time and space, the love and breath, charm and beauty to be happy.

She gets tired of spinning and dances there, by herself, for a little while, listening to music piped in from another world, the world where she is lazing in bed and watching her girlfriend messing with her computer, where she is SUPPOSED to be editing that play for her sister not screwing around on an internet forum. (Lazy dork.) Where maybe she would like to shower and get dressed and go see pandas playing in the snow.

I'll always love this place, these forums, 'cause I met my girl here. 'Cause I got to spin and charm, to chat it up with some clever gentlefolks. Discuss and argue, fight and comfort. Learn and teach and be a complete idiot once in a while. But sometimes, things get heavy to carry you know? Sometimes you just want to see pandas playing in the snow.

- S
  •  

Tessa James

Welcome -S,

Delighted to understand that you found love here once with some spin and charm.  i live in a place of faint lights and temperate rainforest greens.  Please do continue to write your place in the forest. 
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

JulieBlair

That the forest is forever new and renewed makes my heart soar.  To have a new dancer grace the glenns is glad tidings indeed.  All who bear good will are forever welcome.
I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy.  :D
Full Time 18 June 2014
Esprit can be found at http://espritconf.com/
  •  

JulieBlair

Sigh,  I fear that intemperance and discord have poisoned the land of acceptance and love.  So many have left and will not return even to visit.  I have tried to leave and couldn't.  I've tried to stay but am sad for the loss of beauty.  It will all be well and new, but is foreign to me.  "Good Luck," she said and she stepped from the shadow and walked  quietly to the shore.

Julie
Full Time 18 June 2014
  •  

suzifrommd

The flower understands JulieBlair's lament. She is rooted to this spot, while so many of those mobile creatures, whose ways she doesn't understand, have left. But the flower too, will remain, to welcome those who find themselves here, as she was welcomed so long ago.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Dread_Faery

The dragon blossom next to the flower suddenly speaks out.

"don't worry dear heart, not all those who wander are lost, and deep roots are not touched by the frost."
  •  

Umiko

a shadow of the once departed vampire appears on rock in the center of the forest. she looks, her eyes deeper the the ocean's abyss and with wings blacker than night that could cover the entire sun. and than, the shadow is gone, leaving not even a trace
  •  

Mark3

Dark skies canvas of the forest.
Black birds jolt out of the trees, leaving footprints on the wind.
Pink, blue, and purple blotches stretch out onto the sky as night approaches.
The cold wind sings a lullaby as the starlight flickers, an unknown creature wails in the distance.
Everything is still.
"The soul is beyond male and female as it is beyond life and death."
  •  

Umiko

the song of the distant past, hearts that continuly search. the stone that glows and burns with cold fire. the vampire appears on the stone in the middle. she sings the song of the future as the stars shine, burning and shooting across. a wish of a lonely heart and the song desire. a place where all things converge together. "I must not stay for long but I hang this star. I can no longer see anything anymore but I leave this."
  •  

JulieBlair

The forest is quieter now, but the girl is glad that some still remain.  A new star shines in the firmament - she makes a wish and is no longer seen.
Full Time 18 June 2014
  •  

Tessa James

Happy thanksgiving to all in the forest.  This unicorn forest has properties and principals that my real time forest envies.  I recently received notice that the loggers are coming back to "harvest" the commercial woods adjacent to us.  It will be a hard to see the destruction they bring.  Now where is my direct dial number for the Lorax??
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Tessa James on November 27, 2014, 11:33:00 AM
Happy thanksgiving to all in the forest.  This unicorn forest has properties and principals that my real time forest envies.  I recently received notice that the loggers are coming back to "harvest" the commercial woods adjacent to us.  It will be a hard to see the destruction they bring.  Now where is my direct dial number for the Lorax??

Lorax are busy elsewhere (have their hands full, from what I hear).

We'll need to rely on Cindy, Susan, and the mods to keep our forest safe.

Thanks for the holiday wishes, Tessa. Same to you.
  •  

kelly_aus

Kel the dormouse still inhabits the forest, but now she quietly just watches from a nest she has built under the eaves of the fairy's tree house.
  •  

♥︎ SarahD ♥︎

The three celestials also still inhabit the forrest, quietly watching from the treetops, confused by the glimpses of events that seem to have transpired when they weren't watching.  They hope everyone is safe.

But they can't get involved, not right now at least.  Their energies run low, they have not sung for two full weeks, and likely will not sing for a few more to come.  The stars are not aligned right now, so the celestials must wait patiently for their time to come.  A time to find their guide, a time when they will be shown to the tree of hormones, a time when they will fly higher than the stars in the sky.

But for now, they must wait.  There is much else to do in preparation anyway, so quietly they watch, hidden in the treetops.
*Hugs*
"You never find the path to your true self, but rather - you find your true self along the path"
  •  

Satinjoy

The fairy circles high overhead, waiting, watching.

Sh'e knows there is more, and that there are other forests.

Daring to dream, sh'e flies overhead, h'er mission to challenge, to awake, to light candles in a cursed darkness.

Always light,  always love, always passion.  This is the heart of trans.  The way of bitterness is a fruit for others to dine upon, we choose to be free.  Nothing can stop us, nothing can put us down, only ourselves.

Sh'e flies the rainbows, delights in the Son, and other legacies here live on.

Learn my dears of the legacies of this forest, and find the thousands that have moved into other worlds, stealth unicorns making a difference, and many now are daring to be heard and to come out.

Lighting candles sh'e is.  Candles in the sky, candles in the soul.
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

BunnyBee

Quote from: Sarah7 on November 19, 2014, 03:04:41 PM
Faint lights filtered green through the leaves dance over her still form, lingering on a mole here, a scar there... It is quiet, calm in the deep forest, the warm dark. She lies in the grass and watches the leaves and the light, and thinks. Worries. Work, pain, writing, love, surgery. Destroy the zygomatico-temporal branch of the trigeminal nerve: words that mean new scars and old hopes.

She struggles to put the thoughts together, chemical swirls and electrical storms. Struggles to write, as always, as always.

Abruptly she stands... and staggers as blood rushes about in her body. She laughs at herself, at her awkwardness, at her frustrations and insecurities. Spinning about, making herself more dizzy on purpose now--being unhappy is too exhausting, really, to do for too long.

Stepping away from herself, she wonders about the others. What their lives really feel like from the inside, what they worry and dream about in the dark, in their most secret hiding places. Whether they've found the time and space, the love and breath, charm and beauty to be happy.

She gets tired of spinning and dances there, by herself, for a little while, listening to music piped in from another world, the world where she is lazing in bed and watching her girlfriend messing with her computer, where she is SUPPOSED to be editing that play for her sister not screwing around on an internet forum. (Lazy dork.) Where maybe she would like to shower and get dressed and go see pandas playing in the snow.

I'll always love this place, these forums, 'cause I met my girl here. 'Cause I got to spin and charm, to chat it up with some clever gentlefolks. Discuss and argue, fight and comfort. Learn and teach and be a complete idiot once in a while. But sometimes, things get heavy to carry you know? Sometimes you just want to see pandas playing in the snow.

- S

How sad.  I understand, I just I wish I could have said goodbye before you went :(.  One of my fave peeps...
  •  

JulieBlair

The beauty of living is that doors open both ways.  We never know who will seek knowledge in the forest, who will leave, who will return.  Some of us are edge creatures and need the dangerous and beautiful meadow as well as the sheltering woodlands.  But we are still near when needs be.  Whenever and wherever a hand reaches out for help I hope that my or another's hand is reaching back.  For that I am responsible.

Peace
Full Time 18 June 2014
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: aj64ny on January 17, 2015, 09:35:23 AM
I'm Alanah and I'm a beautiful pixie

Welcome Alanah.

The forest has been a bit quiet lately, but there are still a few folk who would love to get to know you.
  •