Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What kind of creature are you in the Unicorn Forest? Come play with me - please

Started by Satinjoy, August 12, 2014, 10:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Rin-likes-rain

I'm the little blue dragon that thinks their a cat. I just sort of awkwardly stumbled into the story. Then awkwardly stumbles back out.
Everything fades.
Not just happiness
but sadness too will fade.
  •  

Satinjoy

Lol

The original thread was designed to express gender through what kind of creature we felt represented it.
It evolved through interaction into a brilliant reflection of nonbinary discovery.

I chose the Fairy and remain known that way.  There is more to that choice than i let on.

Allegory has great power to reveal a heart and discover a truth.

This thread is a legacy of the old forest, prescious to me, it was history, and it still is a living root in the unicorn forest of the nonbinary genders.

Satinjoy the fairy.
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

Satinjoy

Sh'e is searching for h'er elf, they are wandering, not all is well.

Softly and quietly, sh'e walks the forest path, gilded wings unfolded, a diamond cane in h'er hand.
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

•  

Rin-likes-rain

Oh. Well, then I stand by my dragon. I stumble in and out of things awkwardly. I am many things, but I don't fit in anywhere. Not even with the other dragons. I was born a dragon, and I don't dislike that. I am fierce and I treasure what's mine. But I know I'm not like the other dragons and they know it too. I love the majesty and grace of the wood elves, but though I share many traits with them, I am not. I fly with the fairies, mischevious and carefree, yet graceful and gentle. But I am not. I can't decide who I am, nor find where I belong. My only friends are those in the woods even though I live in the fields. I am everything. And I am nothing.
Everything fades.
Not just happiness
but sadness too will fade.
  •  

Satinjoy

The Fairy's interest is tweaked.  Long the forest of the unicorn genders has been silent...named by one who's statue remains.  One who is still remembered and mourned.  Nero.

Sh'e wonders at this dragon, sh'e has met a few.

Its been so long, sh'e has forgotten even how to speak.

Memories flood in, and deep sadness.

Read the history of this place, your eyes will tear, there are many lessons here, and a dark time that took a heavy toll.

Sh'e is cautious.  This is a holy place.  Like a tomb, with a new garden planted.

One returned...one survivor.  Sh'e is frightened.  It has been years.

A sad smile.  A dragon. 

H'er heart goes out to them, they have touched h'er.

•  

Ayla

Long lived as judged by human kind the elf ponders the fairy and this part of the forest.  There are signs of life but the elf  is distracted having enjoyed the last few years in another glade which suddenly lost its lustre, vitality and original members when division and dysfunction caused them to leave a small group to let the embittered chat among themselves.   

Still not sure why folk can't recognise the power in community, preferring to attack and exclude those who are more inclusive, they weaken and bicker while the forest decays.

So sad, but others will arrive - they always do.  Perhaps they will celebrate all creatures of the forest and not retire behind hastily erected walls like their forbears.

Shaking their head, the elf looks to the evening star and continues their travels
  •  

kelly_aus

The dormouse still lurks in the forest, however, she keeps a low profile these days.
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Aisla on April 22, 2016, 12:13:41 AM
Still not sure why folk can't recognise the power in community, preferring to attack and exclude those who are more inclusive, they weaken and bicker while the forest decays.

Well, most do, but community implies norms, and norms require some degree of sacrifice, meaning that if there is no sort of enforcement, those unwilling to sacrifice will take advantage of others. So some sort of enforcement becomes required, begetting people who take exception with the enforcement, etc.

Personally, the flower sort of likes the stay-off-the-flowerbed rule and is happy there are folks around who enforce it.

Quote from: kelly_aus on April 22, 2016, 02:10:24 AM
The dormouse still lurks in the forest, however, she keeps a low profile these days.

Every time she makes one of her quiet posts, it warms my heart.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Satinjoy

The Fairy's head snaps up.  Sh'e had caught a glimpse of the elf, one sh'e prefers to think of as h'er elf.

A darkness had overtaken the deepest part of the forest, and it had changed, it had become a different kind of place.   In this forest, here, it has been quiet for long.

The fairy had been exiled, for a time, and sh'e had found a home.  Roots had gone down deep, and they remain.  But the time of the exile has ended, and carefully sh'e has returned.  Wary and wondering, sh'e sees old friends.  Memories of the past haunt h'er, and memories of the present.

Sh'e does not know what the future holds, in this place, nor in any other.  But in h'er spirit a vision is being born, one that includes the larger forest, where there are also places of safety.

Sh'e sees the elf, and sh'e is quiet.  Wounded, they are.  Perhaps the dormouse is too, the dear one.  But sh'e had been gone long, the banishment was of h'er own fault, but sh'e has returned stronger, greatful that by grace, the time had passed.  And lessons have been learned.

Sh'e remembers the days of old, the battles that burned the old forest to the ground.  Sh'e has questions, is looking for answers.

It is not time for h'er to touch the elf sh'e loves.  Sh'e has been grieving, perhaps, in this place, sh'e will build a new path, one that unites, and sets free.  Sh'e does

But it is not h'er forest, and sh'e is scared.

Frightened and sad eyes look at h'er friends.  Sh'e walks quietly into the dark forest, memories come, sh'e needs to think.

•  

Satinjoy

•  

Vanessa_Glidewell

•  

Satinjoy

Its an old and precious thread.  Its about our feelings.  Things we cant say as ourselves that easily.

**the fairy sees a beautiful painted acorn and smiles a sad smile.  Gently sh'e picks up the precious love gift, puts it into h'er bra, nect to h'er heart.  Sh'e wonders if the Dormouse knows how precious it is to h'er.

Quietly sh'e wanders the forest.**

•  

Asche

The old groundhog must have gotten into some catnip.  Zie's been seen springing onto zir hind legs to try and catch a dandelion seed and flopping on zir back, scampering back and forth on the dewy grass, and whistling and shrieking at butterflies.
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

Satinjoy

The fairy is thinking of food...perhaps the old groundhog will dine with h'er one day.

•  

roseyfox

I am Rosa a wolf that like solidarity, I enjoy sleeping and learning from what i see and do. I find crowds bothersome and prefer seclude places where it is damp and dark. I am cautious of every thing around me and hate being read by other people. I become agitated very quickly by annoying sounds, lights, and other creatures. I do not have much energy but will push my self to black out exhaustion if i must.

I rather not
  •  

Satinjoy

•  

Asche

Quote from: Satinjoy on April 30, 2016, 09:38:38 AM
The fairy is thinking of food...perhaps the old groundhog will dine with h'er one day.

As long as "old groundhog" isn't the main dish. :)

(I recently learned a political saying quoted in connection with things like NC HB2: "if you're not at the table, you're on the menu."  That's where my mind was going....)
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

Satinjoy

•  

devourgalaxies

I am a pixie, small and mischievous, with long sharp fingers and short spiked hair that looks like a half-bloomed thistle. My chest is bare and flat, my waist is thin, and my hips are curved. I flit through the air without wings, whispering with the flora and peeking out from behind the leaves of the most magical trees.
  •