Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What kind of creature are you in the Unicorn Forest? Come play with me - please

Started by Satinjoy, August 12, 2014, 10:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satinjoy

Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

keira166

The automaton spots the forest from afar, and is mentally preparing for the journey ahead.  They see, even at the distance from their temple and home, a few creatures flying overhead, and is excited to meet them and grow, although she wonders how they fly at all... Maybe when she rebuilds herself next at her temple, she will try to see if she can fly.  For now though, she is happy to have a graceful stride and ideas for a cuter face.

She takes a moment to look behind, and see past lands, in which she toiled for years, but to which she will not likely wish to return.  As she enters the forest, she stops at a stream, enjoying the beauty.  She takes this opportunity to take her foot off and clean it in the stream, when she notices a fairy floating on by.  She wishes she had brought cookies from her distant home, but instead a warm wave hello will do
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: keira166 on May 17, 2016, 12:12:02 PM
She wishes she had brought cookies from her distant home, but instead a warm wave hello will do

:icon_wave: The flower waves back. She has been here a long time, planted in the earth while the other creatures come and go. Her heart is always glad when another being comes to dwell here.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Asche

The old groundhog is staring at a shadow.  Is it merely hir shadow, meaning 6 more weeks of winter and 6 more weeks of living off hir stored fat?  Or is it some predator, aiming to make a meal of hir?

(Groundhogs tend to be preoccupied with eating and being eaten.)
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

keira166

Quote from: suzifrommd on May 17, 2016, 12:29:02 PM
:icon_wave: The flower waves back. She has been here a long time, planted in the earth while the other creatures come and go. Her heart is always glad when another being comes to dwell here.

The mechanical wanderer admires the flower's patterns, and so decides to abandon the grey patterns on their arms, painting orange and green flowers up their side.  They know this won't be permanent, and will try to enjoy it while it lasts.  She also follows suit and sets up her solar panels nearby, enjoying the sun and the peace and quiet.  There seems to be a stressed groundhog off by the road.  She wonders if the groundhog is worried about being eaten in real life anytime soon...
  •  

roseyfox

Slowly walking in the shade of the trees the wolf notices the automaton. Not knowing what to think of it, she turns and starts to chew on some twigs. As she chews she thinks about her surrounding and how silent it seems to be. Yawing the wolf lays down and nods off into sleep.
I rather not
  •  

Satinjoy

Overhead, the amuzed Fairy flies, looking forward to the things to come.

Spring is in the air.
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

•  

Satinjoy

Quiet echoes in an ancient forest and an aging thread.  But so much history remains in this place.

Sh'e walks in silk and satin, heading for h'er treehouse of light, to light the candles and insence as sh'e enjoys old memories and gratitude of a life that was saved.

H'ers.

•  

Sno

The quiet rustle and crunch of long dead bracken, and a gentle snuffling, wandering through this tranquil place. Gazing at the beauty of the flowers and gently bent bough. The fresh scent of new growth, the pale blue tinge of the fresh morning light, and the earthy scent of damp woodland. Seeking cool from the warm spring sun, this bear and Cubs gleam white in the sunlight. Stark against the lush, verdant growth.

The Sparkling jewels of fresh water, and a gleam of a feast catches the eye. A deep longing stirs the heart, for it to be ever thus, without the return to the cold white desert of winter, where the laughter and light of the Forrest remain as reflections to be cherished, with hope for the return of Spring.
  •  

kelly_aus

Kel the dormoue emerges from her hibernation and wanders through the forest giving jewelled acorns to all she finds.
  •  

V

I'd be a moth, with mottled brown wings. I'd be nearby, but you wouldn't see me.
I'm pleased that I'm no longer a grub, wriggling about in the earth, and although I didn't turn out to be a butterfly, I'm happy being a moth.
Now just keep the lights down at night will you all? And I'll promise not to chew holes in your clothes  ;)
  •  

Sarah7

Long pale limbs stretch in the shade, a jigsaw of old scars and new paint. She tries to stand and stumbles, legs half-paralyzed with the long sleep. Then within the flash of a lopsided grin she's off, feet pounding on old paths, dark eyes wide for old monuments and unfamiliar homes in the green.
  •  

Tessa James

One of the fairies remains and sprinkles some dew drops and rainbow shimmers on our new arrival.  The ancient tress and softest ferns silently exhale with welcome and an invitation to discover more hidden creatures and the quiet truths we share.  Revealed along these old foot paths are the journeys of so many others who have found themselves and their place among the fields of flowers and the deepest recesses of the forest.
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Ayla

The wood elf smiled.   Memory of Shadows, Fairies, Dragons, Cats, Doormice, Bears, Pixies and Groundhogs were now overlaid by a moth dancing between light and shadow.  Hoping that folk may gather at the fairies treehouse to share tales of their travels and learn of others who had once lingered and enjoyed the magic of the forest, they retreated into the shadow and found that familiar path.
  •  

kelly_aus

Kel the dormouse lurks in her nest over the door of the fairy's tree house, painting acorns for the others who dwell in the forest.
  •  

Satinjoy

From a land far away, the Fairy hears a message on the wind, and returns for a moment.

Old memories flood in, and quietly, sh'e goes into the deep and hidden paths, to ponder so many things.

Sh'e smiles at the Dormouse sadly.

•  

2cherry

I am a tall water nymph, cloaked in a green dress with long reddish curly hair. You can find me near the lake, pond, brook or stream where I sit on the large boulders, looking at the reflection of the moon on the surface of the water while singing my songs, accompanied by my lute and harp...

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

Satinjoy

the Fairy quietly begins to search the forest.  Sh'e is an androgyne, all of gender in one, h'er gender sings its song of wonder and call to the wind.

Treasures are here in this place, and history, and the wise.

On the edges are scorched trees with new growth forming.

A tear falls.

On gilded angel wings, sh"e flies to the treehouse.

And incense burns again in the forgotten unicorn forest.

Light is in the treehouse.  A candle is lit.

The saddened old fairy quietly moves inside, silk and satin flowing in the breeze.

Once again the elf has played their part.  For restoration is sa cherished thing, some that is broken cannot mend, some however, do.

•  

Sno

The feint of incense and a trembling light catches the eye in the falling dusk. The heady scent of the forest floor so familiar and yet so foreign, earthy and musky brown.

Stark contrast then, until the moonbeam down.
  •  

Satinjoy

On h'er treehouse the fairy senses a presence sh'e does not know.  A bear?  Is that it?

Sh'e has slept too long, what else has sh'e missed...

Dust is on the mantle, the treehouse has not been kept up.

Sh'e mourns the lost ones.

It was a war that should not have been.  It cost the forest deeply.

Quietly sh'e watches.  Sh'e knows it is different here now, but still sh'e mourns the lost.

It is like that for us.  Outsidecthe forest, in the world of the cis, it is a dangerous place.

The Fairy shivers and puts another log on the fire.

•