Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

(just another can i pass? thread)

Started by lostnostalgist, August 23, 2014, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostnostalgist

so people have been telling me i'm really pasasble which is news to me!! i mean, i know i don't pass, i'm guessing its just my facial hair that's keeping me from passing right now. usually i take selfies right after i shave and it doesn't show up on camera, idk what else doesn't show up so i'm worried about that. but anyway i thought i'd get an opinion from this community, don't go easy on me, i need to know!

i guess i should try to post some BAD pics of me:

5 months ago (last time i wore makeup unfortunately)

let me know

Ms Grace

You look pretty passable to me. It's not easy to tell from the pics but it does appear you have a prominent throat, how large is your Adam's Apple? That could be a problem if it is too big. As always though, passing is as much about presentation and confidence as it is about "looks". (Which you've kind of realised with the shaving comment, obviously you won't pass too well with a beard shadow, for example.)

You might also want to try the main "Could I pass?" thread.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

lostnostalgist

Quote from: Ms Grace on August 23, 2014, 05:59:08 PM
You look pretty passable to me. It's not easy to tell from the pics but it does appear you have a prominent throat, how large is your Adam's Apple? That could be a problem if it is too big. As always though, passing is as much about presentation and confidence as it is about "looks". (Which you've kind of realised with the shaving comment, obviously you won't pass too well with a beard shadow, for example.)

You might also want to try the main "Could I pass?" thread.

yeah i think it is pretty prominent, i hadn't really thought about that. yeah i don't have much going for me with confidence and presentation. where is the "could i pass" thread?
thank you!!

Ashlotte

You pass pretty well!

You do have a pretty prominent Adam's apple (or Eve's apple as I like to call it), which you can shave down. Also, your face is very thin and having fuller cheeks could make you look a lot more feminine. You can achieve this simply by doing some face exercises and making a few small lifestyle changes. You can google "how to get fuller cheeks" for more tips. I also think the dark circles around your eyes could be partially preventing you from passing. Take naps if you can and get a healthy amount of sleep every night.

You have beautiful hair btw!
:icon_zombie:
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: lostnostalgist on August 23, 2014, 09:11:40 PM
yeah i think it is pretty prominent, i hadn't really thought about that. yeah i don't have much going for me with confidence and presentation. where is the "could i pass" thread?
thank you!!
Confidence will come in time. The thread is called: "Do I look, or Can I Pass As Female" and it is a Sticky in the Male to Female Transgender Talk section. Here you go:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,163371.0.html

See you there.

Ali :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Kimberley Beauregard

- Kim
  •  

alexis.j

You look really cute in the pic where you are wearing makeup.  (The last one).
Just go about your daily life, as you feel comfortable with, and im sure the confidence will follow.
  •  

LordKAT

I didn't notice the adam's apple. I noticed the brow and jawline.  Either alone would be little but together, they stand out when you don't use makeup or lighting to your advantage.

You do look really pretty with makeup and hair done up though.
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: lostnostalgist on August 23, 2014, 05:04:15 PM
so people have been telling me i'm really pasasble which is news to me!! i mean, i know i don't pass, i'm guessing its just my facial hair that's keeping me from passing right now. usually i take selfies right after i shave and it doesn't show up on camera, idk what else doesn't show up so i'm worried about that. but anyway i thought i'd get an opinion from this community, don't go easy on me, i need to know!
5 months ago (last time i wore makeup unfortunately)

let me know
You look very pretty with makeup and hair. As far as the adams apple I think it's the way you were holding your head in that one pic, cause it's not that prominent in the others. Your gonna be absolutely stunning when hrt get's through with you.

Ali :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Athena

By the way your picture with make up looks  I would have walked by you without thinking twice that you were female.
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

lostnostalgist

thank you all so much!! yeah i guess makeup could actually help a lot. i just need to get laser and see if injectable hormones make a difference, and heck its not like ill never be able to afford FFS or a trach shave. patience is key i guess!! thank you again!!

Auroramarianna

Quote from: lostnostalgist on August 25, 2014, 01:02:32 AM
thank you all so much!! yeah i guess makeup could actually help a lot. i just need to get laser and see if injectable hormones make a difference, and heck its not like ill never be able to afford FFS or a trach shave. patience is key i guess!! thank you again!!
you can always go to Thailand! I heard they're not so expensive there.

http://www.bcoss.com/service_cosmetic_plastic_surgery_bangkok_thailand/cosmetic_plastic_gender_surgery/Trachea%20shave%20surgery.html
  •