Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Is finding jeans supposed to be so hard?

Started by Autumn, May 06, 2007, 04:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatalieC

No its not supposed to be. But it sure can be difficult finding that perfect fit. Hey!
Its funny yknow I have seemed to stumble accross good pairs of jeans lately. I hate mens jeans! Always have. They are just so uncomfortable for women like me. When I was a teenager my mother used to have to take my jeans in at the waist for me. Mens Jeans used to hurt and fall off of me. When I tried on a pair of womens jeans for the first time gee they felt comfortable and I didnt need to wear a belt to hold them up. I have never looked back since then.
And yeah it can be hard to find the right fit especially when you are really tall it seems. But I havnt had too much trouble. it pays to shop around. And if you cant find affordable jeans yeah thrift stores and such are excellent bargain grounds. Allthough sometimes I look at my second hand jeans and think to myself 'I wonder who the woman was who wore these jeans. She must have had a similiar shape as me. I can feel her presence and feminimity in them as well as mine.' It is a strange feeling wearing clothes that were once someone elses.
Anyway....
  •  

moxyblue

check out this website I found called www.zafu.com.  They help you find the perfect jeans and it's totally easy!  You have to answer a few questions about your body and how jeans fit you and then they recommend jeans for you!
  •  

AddisonJames

Buying jeans IS a nightmare..... only because God did not bless me with a butt...... *shakes head*   ;) :D
  •  

stephanology

Buying jeans is what made me realize I had to try stuff on in stores before I bought them.  I have a pile of ill-fitting jeans in my closet which I won't wear!

When I was younger, I used to fight my girfriend over Levi's 517 jeans we could only find in thrift stores, that was the jean we BOTH looked best in.

Now, however, it's Calvin Klein's "Calvin Bootcut" jean, which I have in sizes from 6 to 12 because I balloon up and down in weight, and yes, I hate you size 4 and 2 and 0 girls, but I'm over it.

Anyway, the thing about jeans is you have to try a lot and when you find the ones that work, you'll just know!  The thing is, you won't REALLY know in the store, you can only know if they fit in the store.  You have to live with them a bit before you know that THESE are THE JEANS for you.  I was lucky, I can buy my favorites online from Macys.com and not have to hunt for the right waist and inseam!  Lucky for me, too, because they're really flimsy, they tear where your butt meets your thigh in like, a dozen washings!

Or does that say something about my butt??? :o

Best luck on your bluejean adventures, m'luvs!

-stephny
  •