Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Walk Like an Egyptian

Started by Buffy, August 05, 2007, 11:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffy

Well,

I have just had one of the best short breaks ever.

A 4 day weekend in Cairo, Egypt with two friends and a fantastic experience, memories I will never forget.

On the Friday we went on a Nile cruise, had dinner and I hada go at Belly Dancing and some local dancing (egged on by about 30 US Naval Personnel, who where on R&R). On Saturday we went to Sakkara to see the tomb of Ramsis II , Impoteh museum and the small Pyramids there and in the afternoon, took horses out into the desert an Giza to see the large pyramids and the Sphynx. In the evening we returned for the light and sound show, which was spectacular.

Saturday morning we went to the Citadel above Cairo and in the afternoon, the Cairo Museum, which was outstanding.

I have put some photos in the gallery and will leave them there for a few months, if anyone cares to look.

Buffy

<-------------------- Me on my Horse, Ali Baba at the big Pyramid, GIZA
  •  

MeghanAndrews

That looks so cool Buffy, it sounds and looks like you had a great time! I'd love to go to Egypt one of these days!
  •  

Elizabeth

It has always been a dream of mine to go and see the pyramids. Hope I make it there. I also wanted to go and see the World Trade Center, but made it there a year too late. Anyway, I am burning with jealousy. You look great in front of the pyramid.

Love always,
Elizabeth
  •  

Robyn

Nice to be so close, Buffy.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

LostInTime

•  

melissa90299

Sounds wonderful, a four day getaway to Cairo though? It would take me two days to get there and two days to get back! :)
  •  

Buffy

Quote from: melissa90299 on August 07, 2007, 11:46:55 AM
Sounds wonderful, a four day getaway to Cairo though? It would take me two days to get there and two days to get back! :)

LOL...but I live 2 1/2 hours away by Plane, so it was easy!

Buffy
  •  

Kat

did you stake the mummies? you know... just to be safe?
  •  

Buffy

Quote from: Kat on August 07, 2007, 12:00:48 PM
did you stake the mummies? you know... just to be safe?

They have a "Mummy" room in the Cairo museum, they are sooooooooooooooo creepy. Imagine having your brains and internal organs sucked out and then your body filled with embalming fluid.

I would hate to be in that place at night..... creeeeeeepy

Buffy
  •  

melissa90299

Quote from: Buffy on August 07, 2007, 11:58:38 AM

LOL...but I live 2 1/2 hours away by Plane, so it was easy!

Buffy

Where do you live BTW?
  •  

Buffy

Where do you live BTW?

Between Saudi Arabia and Yemen..... I am on the Gulf of Arabia.

Buffy
  •