Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

I get to meet some new friends tomorrow, I spent time with my daughter, played with C4 with my speech therapist at the VA today and celebrated SAD :(
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Reading some nice posts from others here about their newly issued licenses, IDs, account names, and other good results.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness. 
  •  

big kim

•  

AnnMarie2017

My first ponytail.  :)

Sounds silly, I guess. I love the way my wig makes me look, but I've been afraid of it, too. I have no idea how to do anything with my hair; and it's synthetic, and about 4 months old, and the ends have begun -- I don't know the word; frizzing? I went to see the saleswoman who sold it to me; she told me that the life span of a synthetic is about 6 months, and the frizzing comes from the hair rubbing against the back and shoulders.

So, it's becoming difficult to wear it without putting it up, somehow; it's starting to look unkempt, no matter how much I comb it. I've had some of those elastic bands for months, but gave up trying to use them after a few frustrating, fruitless attempts. Well, today I was successful, for the first time, and managed a ponytail. I loved it! A completely different look, and reasonably cute, too.  :)

Believe it or not, it's only this week, I think, that I finally managed to use bobby pins successfully. I'm such a tyro.
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

AnnMarie2017

A tyro is a novice, a beginner. Someone who knows nothing. :)
  •  

V M

I'd gotten a small espresso machine over the holidays and so I've been making cappuccinos  :icon_caffine:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: AnnMarie2017 on February 24, 2018, 03:02:53 PM
A tyro is a novice, a beginner. Someone who knows nothing. :)

Oh, an ignorant newbie :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 27, 2018, 02:48:20 AM
I'd gotten a small espresso machine over the holidays and so I've been making cappuccinos  :icon_caffine:

My daughter working all sorts of weird hours has crazy sleep patterns.  This morning, I was brewing up coffee to be chilled for ice coffee later.

She came down shortly after and said the coffee smelled good and I having no sense of smell was told that how nice is was to wake up to the smell of coffee.  Guess I'll have to figure out a way to brew a couple of cups in the morning to entice her to get her rump and rest of her body outta bed, lol.

Cappachino sounds like a good idea.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

immortal gypsy

$1 for my new drivers licence. Benefits of being a very good driver (words from the girl at the counter)
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Devlyn

Everyone at work is using she/her pronouns on me, and they know I'm genderfluid and not
adamant about how I'm addressed.  :)
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 15, 2018, 02:11:39 PM
Everyone at work is using she/her pronouns on me, and they know I'm genderfluid and not
adamant about how I'm addressed.  :)

So kewl for you!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sarah_P

It's a gorgeous sunny day, 73 degrees! Love it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Sarah_P on March 15, 2018, 03:15:47 PM
It's a gorgeous sunny day, 73 degrees! Love it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Communist!!!!

It's like 50 here in Vegas and windy as if the world was coming to an end.  It was 75 plus yesterday.  Fickle weather I tell you!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

A company I've never heard of formed in the past year, got a license to remake my favorite pinball machine and will be shipping remakes probably early 2019.  All this announced today at the Texas Pinball Festival.  This made me so happy.  I could never afford an original as only 8 were ever made.  Maybe, just maybe I'll be able to buy one of these remakes.  It's Kingpin, for anybody interested.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Cassi on March 15, 2018, 03:19:00 PM
Communist!!!!

It's like 50 here in Vegas and windy as if the world was coming to an end.  It was 75 plus yesterday.  Fickle weather I tell you!

I'd ask if you were mistaken and actually in Kansas, but we tend to go from 70s to 30s and back. Just dropping to the 50s isn't radical enough.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Sarah_P on March 15, 2018, 09:41:06 PM
I'd ask if you were mistaken and actually in Kansas, but we tend to go from 70s to 30s and back. Just dropping to the 50s isn't radical enough.

Oh, okay.  Nevermind...........................................

:)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Corrina

It lets me know I am not alone in this and we have support. The Chat area is nice and the discussions are fun. ;D
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Corrina on March 15, 2018, 10:01:42 PM
It lets me know I am not alone in this and we have support. The Chat area is nice and the discussions are fun. ;D

Hi @Corrina!  Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.  I'm glad you enjoy the chat area.  It is nice to know you're not alone, and it's great being able to get support.

I see your new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Cassi on March 15, 2018, 03:19:00 PM
Communist!!!!

Foo on both you and Sarah. It's 34 here in New York and windy, too.

[emoji37]

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •