What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 08:29:50 AM
THANKS!!

Here's the 'frizzy-slept-on-it-all-night' rear view

Squeee!!

My sweetie got hers done in black with purple and blue highlights, and it's just beautiful.

I'm so jealous of you girls with full heads of hair that you can do these things with, but I'm working on it! Some people think 60 is too old for that kind of thing, but I love color!!!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 24, 2019, 08:55:43 AM
Squeee!!

My sweetie got hers done in black with purple and blue highlights, and it's just beautiful.

That looks great. Love it!!

QuoteI'm so jealous of you girls with full heads of hair that you can do these things with, but I'm working on it! Some people think 60 is too old for that kind of thing, but I love color!!!

Your day will come. And, you are never too old to feel good about yourself.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 09:04:53 AM
That looks great. Love it!!

Your day will come. And, you are never too old to feel good about yourself.

Amen, sister!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 08:29:50 AM
THANKS!!

Here's the 'frizzy-slept-on-it-all-night' rear view

Kewl. Definitely see it darker in this view. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 08:12:06 AM
We went over to my nieces last night. I'll confess, one reason for me was to get my hair colored again. I'd specifically asked about it .. to which they agreed. Rather quickly I might add. The evening dragged later and we got ready to leave, I figured too much was going on to get it done. Well, before we could leave my daughter comes running out telling me they were commenting "I guess we're not doing hair" Well, I couldn't disappoint so I went back in.

As it turned out, my nieces did not do it. One niece had a friend who, according to my niece, spends too much time home alone and needed to 'get out'. Very pleasant gal, she should get out more.

Anyways, long story short, I got my hair purpled.  The goal was purple under that would come through at times. Instead I think I have purple hair with silver shining through at times!  Ah well, Lori likes it. So do I for that matter.

Oh, for Steph, the 'pics or it didn't happen' The color is much deeper than what shows in the photos, at least on my screen.

(too early in the AM for a full face shot!!!!)
Wow, I would not have the guts to do that color!  I just got mine done in a dark blonde again!  I admire you not only for your hair, but now also for the guts you have!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Faith

Quote from: Dietlind on March 24, 2019, 09:43:28 AM
Wow, I would not have the guts to do that color!  I just got mine done in a dark blonde again!  I admire you not only for your hair, but now also for the guts you have!

I decided to stop hiding and start living.  I've spent enough years in neutrals trying to blend in .. time to shine :)

Oh, I forgot one thing. I got another 'gorgeous'. I made my normal self-deprecating comment (color my hair to detract from my face) and got a "but your gorgeous" comment from a young gal there. Someday I might even believe it.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 10:24:58 AM
I decided to stop hiding and start living.  I've spent enough years in neutrals trying to blend in .. time to shine :)

Oh, I forgot one thing. I got another 'gorgeous'. I made my normal self-deprecating comment (color my hair to detract from my face) and got a "but your gorgeous" comment from a young gal there. Someday I might even believe it.
You better do believe that.  Those young people are not always very political correct, they say what they see!

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 10:24:58 AM"but your gorgeous" comment from a young gal there. Someday I might even believe it.

I'm with you there, girlfriend. I've come to the conclusion that I'll believe it tomorrow.

•  

Sonja

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 08:12:06 AM
We went over to my nieces last night. I'll confess, one reason for me was to get my hair colored again. I'd specifically asked about it .. to which they agreed. Rather quickly I might add. The evening dragged later and we got ready to leave, I figured too much was going on to get it done. Well, before we could leave my daughter comes running out telling me they were commenting "I guess we're not doing hair" Well, I couldn't disappoint so I went back in.

As it turned out, my nieces did not do it. One niece had a friend who, according to my niece, spends too much time home alone and needed to 'get out'. Very pleasant gal, she should get out more.

Anyways, long story short, I got my hair purpled.  The goal was purple under that would come through at times. Instead I think I have purple hair with silver shining through at times!  Ah well, Lori likes it. So do I for that matter.

Oh, for Steph, the 'pics or it didn't happen' The color is much deeper than what shows in the photos, at least on my screen.

(too early in the AM for a full face shot!!!!)
@Faith

OH Faith!! that is Gorgeous!!! I LOVE your coloured hair! I'm a big fan of coloured hair and I think you look great! XO

Have fun and take care,

Sonja
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Sonja on March 24, 2019, 06:23:59 PM
@Faith

OH Faith!! that is Gorgeous!!! I LOVE your coloured hair! I'm a big fan of coloured hair and I think you look great! XO

Have fun and take care,

Sonja

Thanks Sonya, I guess I'm not doing too badly for an old lady.  ;D

•  

Faith

Another happy. My therapist told me to start a journal. No, that's not the happy!

To be honest, I've tried to write a journal before just not about this. I wasn't very good at writing down my thoughts. For the past couple weeks I kept forgetting to even look for one. I got home today and Lori had picked up two for me to try.

On one, spiral bound, the cover says, "Dream Without Limits" I liked it. I felt it would work.

The other one, I looked at it. Pink with flowers. The cover said, "We Love Because He First Loved Us" I got goosebumps as I opened it. Little sayings at the bottom of each page. They repeat, that's ok.

The first page said, "Worry Ends When Faith Begins" .. yes!  that's the one.

I began writing

(wow, my handwriting has really gotten bad!!)

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
As you might already know from reading many of my postings and comments around the Forums I always make the suggestion that keeping a journal is good therapy.   Not only with our own online Forums threads but also I always recommend a more private and personal "old-school" Pen&Paper journal.   

Mine is full of colorful doodling, sometimes illegible and hurried writing, snapshot photos, notes about doctors appointments, my romantic endeavors, my coming out trials and tribulations, and other writings about those that I am friends with, those that accept me, those that do not accept me, and my issues with my non-accepting parents and family, etc, etc.

I find that it is definitely very good personal therapy to write out my feelings and ponder my situations in my journal.  Just writing out these things can help me to sort out my priorities and to find ways to help solve my issues in a positive way.

I am so glad to read that you will be starting your own journal...  I like that the journal book that you chose is most appropriately titled "Worry Ends When Faith Begins" ....   
WOW, that is definitely for YOU !!!

My journals (I have several now) are not in any kind of a fancy book with a clever cover...  mine are rather plain 3 ring notebooks that allows for adding pages and inserting lots of notes and scribbles and some  photos too.   
Whatever works for you is important, after-all it is YOUR JOURNAL to do with what you want.

I often find myself leaving through some of the past entrees and will sit and read it for hours on a cold rainy night sitting in my comfy chair sometimes with a smile and laughter, sometimes with satisfaction with my decisions,  and sometimes with tears in my eyes.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts....
Hugs and best wishes to you....
Danielle

Quote from: Faith on March 25, 2019, 06:36:56 PM
  Another happy. My therapist told me to start a journal. No, that's not the happy!

To be honest, I've tried to write a journal before just not about this. I wasn't very good at writing down my thoughts. For the past couple weeks I kept forgetting to even look for one. I got home today and Lori had picked up two for me to try.

On one, spiral bound, the cover says, "Dream Without Limits" I liked it. I felt it would work.

The other one, I looked at it. Pink with flowers. The cover said, "We Love Because He First Loved Us" I got goosebumps as I opened it. Little sayings at the bottom of each page. They repeat, that's ok.

The first page said, "Worry Ends When Faith Begins" .. yes!  that's the one.

I began writing

(wow, my handwriting has really gotten bad!!)

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

SiobhánF

I found out that my exception to policy for dress and appearance has been approved and I decided to begin full time on Monday. I'm pretty excited. ^-^
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Linde

I had several positive moments today!  First , for my post op, my urologist looked at the orchi and told me I should come back in a year, second he told me that I can stop Finasteride for good !  Yeah, after about 6 years with a little blue pill everyday, I don't need that stuff anymore!

i started my name and gender change process today, filled in all the forms, got finger printed at the Sheriff's office and got everything notarized.  I will file he documents tomorrow. I wonder how long it will take to get the court order stating that I am Mrs Dietlind from then on!

All in all, it was a feel good day for me!

•  

KatieP

Quote from: SiobhánF on March 25, 2019, 07:34:46 PM
I found out that my exception to policy for dress and appearance has been approved and I decided to begin full time on Monday. I'm pretty excited. ^-^

Siobhan, if you are only pretty excited, I don't think you are awake and know what is happening.

It's not me doing what you are doing and I am SUPER excited for you!!!

I say, Wooooooo Hooooooo!!!!!

And congratulations!!!

Kate
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: KatieP on March 26, 2019, 12:34:46 AM
Siobhan, if you are only pretty excited, I don't think you are awake and know what is happening.

It's not me doing what you are doing and I am SUPER excited for you!!!

I say, Wooooooo Hooooooo!!!!!

And congratulations!!!

Kate

I know exactly what's happening. I don't see why my response is required to be up to your standards, but I appreciate your excitement for me. Thank you. :)

(Edit: My apologies for my defensiveness. I've been in a mood lately. Please don't take it personally like I did :embarrassed:)
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Linde

Filed my name change paperwork today!  Everything was accepted and correct.  I was told that I am an easy case, and I can expect the final judgement in about 5 days or so.  The clerk told me I might as well start to officially use my new name!

My I introduce myself: I am Ms Dietlind Diana XXXXX

Once I have the court papers in hand, I can go and have my gender marker changed!

•  

SiobhánF

•  

KatieP

Quote from: SiobhánF on March 26, 2019, 09:47:02 PM
I know exactly what's happening. I don't see why my response is required to be up to your standards, but I appreciate your excitement for me. Thank you. :)

(Edit: My apologies for my defensiveness. I've been in a mood lately. Please don't take it personally like I did :embarrassed:)

So, I completely concur! None of your responses need to live up to anyone's bar but your own. Certainly NOT mine!

Please accept my complete apologies for the really poor communication.

My ONLY intent was to use a literary ploy to try to show MY excitement for your situation.

Remembering my own "coming out" at work, and how great that was for me, I projected that excitement onto you and your situation. I am truly, completely excited FOR you. I REALLY hope that it works out for you the way it worked for me. If so, I hope there is another post telling all of us about that Happy Day for you!

Again, I am sorry for any stress my poor communication caused...

Kate
  •  

SiobhánF

Hey, trust me, that's why I edited it to apologize. I realized after posting my response that I was a bit harsh and jumped at you too hastily. I knew you meant well and I'm very excited for next week, regardless of how much it scares me a little. I've already come out, I just haven't been able to present at work, due to being active duty military. Now I get to be full time and never have to worry about whether I didn't wash out my mascara completely before work. lol. Cheers to you, dear! Sorry for the communication awkwardness lol. ^_^

•