Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge

My friend who was has struggled with depression and who used to be more gloomy and much less social is much happier, talkative, and is trying to get a group together to go skating. I am happy for him since he is special to me.
  •  

Mariah

Watching the geese arrive in the area today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Rainbow Brite

I had my electrolysis consult today. It's not that bad. I'm scheduled for my next session on the 13th. I didn't realize until I got there, but my big sister, Jannie used to go there. We had met up in the parking lot then went and had lunch together. That was 4 years ago.
See Caleb? Told you I was getting my ducks in a row.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I had some leftover money. So, I went to the store and bought what I needed to make some killer meatballs. But I ended up with more meat than I needed. So, I made two batches: One with all the fixin's (Onion, mild Peppers, Mushrooms, seasonings and hot sauce). The second batch is only seasonings and cheese crackers. I plan on eating the second batch first.
  •  

Rainbow Brite

I'm going to drive truck for Celadon.
&
I had my consult and a taste of electrolysis today.

Wonder what this good day will cost me this time.
  •  

EllieM

lovely ride into work today, rain held off till I secured the bike :)
  •  

Shana-chan

So much happiness in this post!
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,177108.msg1558740.html#msg1558740

THAT is what made my week! Yes week, not day but week! :)

Also, I've been finding a bit of change on the ground again, mostly just pennies but, it sure beats going a month without finding anything.  :P

I finally know what pads feel like, the one with wings felt like a diaper in a way and the one without wasn't that noticeable so can't really compare it to something. As for tampons, sadly, they'll have to wait till SRS but, I wonder if I could use them for the "other" area?  >:-) :D

I LOVE the new boots a bought a while back, just feel so, natural to walk in them. Next time I can help it, I'll give my new high heels a try too! Sadly, they might have to wait till it gets warmer to try them out, would look weird wearing them with long sleeve pants. :/ Till then, boots, hello you glorious boots! :)

I was able to but barely I'll add but still able to get the games I wanted and had pre-ordered. Loving them all too. :)

Oh yeah, still being alive too! Went through a roller-coaster recently which, I need not say more but am glad someone was there for me, meant a lot to me and hopefully they'll be there for the real me too someday. (At this point, they are not)

Whelp, I turn it over to the next poster now, that's all there is from me for now. Still here? Go on, post or turn to the next poster.  :D
"Denial will get people no where."
"Don't look to the here & now but rather, to the unknown future & hope on that vs. the here & now."
  •  

Jill F

Met up with Jason Collins of NBA fame for a photo op today.  He was super nice.  His signed jersey hangs in my den.

He is one of the most historically significant LGBT people by being the first publicly gay athlete to play in any of four major North American pro sports leagues.
  •  

Marcellow

Uncle saw my hair and, contrary to what my mom said, he says I look amazing. :D
I get to see Watsky live today for my first concert, can't wait to meet him, take a picture and ask him for guidance about when life gets you down.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Mariah2014 on November 05, 2014, 12:48:51 PM
Watching the geese arrive in the area today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love geese!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 08, 2014, 11:19:58 AM
I love geese!

I see several big wedge formations flying south now and with lots of chatter. There's a big Canadian honker that hangs out at the local grocery store parking lot, he followed me right up to my car yesterday as I loaded my groceries in the back seat, I thought he was going to jump in and come home with me.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 08, 2014, 11:19:58 AM
I love geese!

Laura was chased by an irate goose (in non anthro form) once. It didn't help that Kathy was laughing at her the entire time.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Laura Squirrel on November 08, 2014, 11:40:07 AM
Laura was chased by an irate goose (in non anthro form) once. It didn't help that Kathy was laughing at her the entire time.

Only negative about them is when they come south and take up winter residence at the local parks, they eat a lot of grass and crap everywhere and leave numbers as big as a small dog's poop. Kinda nasty!
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Shantel on November 08, 2014, 11:35:32 AM
I see several big wedge formations flying south now and with lots of chatter. There's a big Canadian honker that hangs out at the local grocery store parking lot, he followed me right up to my car yesterday as I loaded my groceries in the back seat, I thought he was going to jump in and come home with me.

That's what I like about them. They're curious by nature, and if you don't show aggression you can really get to know them up close. I've petted them like a dog, they will actually give you a "goose hug" on occasion. http://www.about.lovecanadageese.com/goosehugs.html
  •  

Jaime R D

I was viciously attacked by a goose when I was three not too long after we moved to florida.  And now my neighbor across the street has a few over a hundred of them hanging around his pond. Its interesting to watch how they manage to land so many at one time in a small area and the way they circle and then come in according to the wind. Oh and swans can be mean too.
  •  

LordKAT

Swans and geese can be very mean. They know very well how to use those wings as a weapon.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: LordKAT on November 08, 2014, 06:30:43 PM
Swans and geese can be very mean. They know very well how to use those wings as a weapon.

When my spouse was really pregnant with our first child we visited a lake close by with a walking path. She was chased screaming in terror all over the place by a big domestic goose. I had to run over and kick the thing to make it stop. Should have been a NFL punter!  :D
  •  

Devlyn

So you're all afraid of geese? Jeez......wanna see something really scary? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear
  •  

Rainbow Brite

•  

Miss_Bungle1991

•