Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venom

Sent the documents needed to update my reptile licence to be in my new name, and I just received the updated licence, only a few hours after sending the needed ID. That leaves almost everything updated in regards to important documentation, feels great!
  •  

Jill F

I thought I was getting another nastygram from the IRS, but the letter said that the balance due now was $0.00.  That's a relief.  No audit! YAY!!!

Also going to see Duran Duran at the Hollywood Bowl tonight.

•  

Lady Smith

Quote from: Jill F on October 01, 2015, 06:15:55 PM
I thought I was getting another nastygram from the IRS, but the letter said that the balance due now was $0.00.  That's a relief.  No audit! YAY!!!

And I'm not jealous in the slightest........  ;)
  •  

V M

:eusa_clap: :eusa_dance: :icon_dance: :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance: :icon_dance:

Quote from: Lady Smith on October 01, 2015, 07:13:17 PM

And I'm not jealous in the slightest........  ;)

Not afraid to admit that I'm happy for Jill and a bit jealous at the same time  ;D  Jill's one lucky girl
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

I think many of us know of and/or go through the 'hit and miss' of 'passing' or not from time to time and the sadness or elation depending on the way it goes and what happens among the general public

Well, I've been noticing that lately I've been getting more positives than negatives again and it has been making me feel pretty good

Also, a guy friend whom I've been kinda flirty with from time to time put together a really pretty 'Longboard' for me

I haven't ridden a skate deck in years so I'm a bit nervous about it, but he's going to help me with it and we're going to go to a local park in a few days or so  8)

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Katiepie

Shopping at Target. Oh how I love to shop.
But not that act, alone.
So I was done shopping and waiting to get it all paid for. I was buying stuff for baking a cake, in which I am so going to make a bunch of Chinese Sponge Cake tomorrow, you just don't even know.
Anyways when I came up, I finally was greeted as Miss (instead of the copious amount of sirs that I still get), and so the cashier was all super nice and friendly, and so when it came to ringing the cream of tartar, she was like "so what are you planning on baking?" I get all excited and tell her my plans for it and then after all the talk about it all, she also then states "I was talking to this other woman earlier about baking" which totally indirectly had her classifying me as female. After that I shuttle off with a huge grin on my face.

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

thorhugs

I got to have a remote movie night with my two best online friends who are in different states. We watched RENT together and all cried like babies. (My two awesome friends who were the very first people I came out to)
- Colin Moore

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation."

I draw things sometimes

•  

Cindy

Coming out of a slump and a broken heart.

I was feeling a bit sad and lonely.

Sitting here looking after the Forum, alone and unloved.

Then a phone call - I got a date!!!!!
  •  

QueenSwag

Quote from: Cindy on October 02, 2015, 05:33:51 AM

Congrats! The universe works in mysterious ways, right?

As for what made me happy today: a great new book! I have been reading a lot more lately.
  •  

Lady Smith

Quote from: Cindy on October 02, 2015, 05:33:51 AM

Yay! - Good karma in action :D
  •  

LizK

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dee Marshall

The smile on the face of one of my coworkers when she told me she was going to Callen-Lorde and I wished her well with the sweetest pain she would ever know and that I thought HRT would do well by her.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Lady Smith

Found a tattoo design that I thought I'd lost.  I worked it up from an iron age Celtic coin and some other Celtic artwork some years ago and i thought it had gone missing when I moved house.  I was delighted when I found it while digging through a file box of old stationery bits and bobs where it must've been put when i was packing everything up for the move.
Having found it I'm going to get it done and as it happens we have an excellent tattoo artist here in town so I'm going to ask him for a quote.

•  

Elis

Found a £10 note on the street, if I saw who dropped it then I would have returned it, oh well :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Peep

peanut butter toast yo

i have low standards in life
  •  

Elis

Quote from: Peep on October 05, 2015, 11:03:26 AM
peanut butter toast yo

i have low standards in life

Nothing wrong with that, one of the best food combos there is ;)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Peep

Quote from: Elis on October 05, 2015, 12:25:05 PM
Nothing wrong with that, one of the best food combos there is ;)

Now i want more :/ how balanced is a diet of bread and peanuts?
  •  

big kim

•  

LizK

received this text from my 24 year old Daughter

"just so you know I'm proud of you and will be with you all the way. Feel like this has bought us so much closer, Love you Dad"
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Lady Smith

That's wonderful news Sarah  ;D

I had the love and support of my children during my transition and that was absolutely priceless.  And now all these years later my children remain my best friends and greatest supporters.
  •