Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Marshall

We're four hours into a long road trip with one of our best friends and her husband to see another friend and take a cruise with her. Tonight we'll be stopping at South of the Border, a kitchy place in South Carolina then tomorrow on to Kissimee with a stop at the only tea plantation in the U.S. What fun!

For all you burglars, we live in Bumfunk, Ia. and the key is under the mat. ;)
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

SarahMarie1987

To be honest dear friends I haven't been doing well these last few weeks. Had a nasty bout of self-doubt & hatred* a few weeks ago. It made it very hard to feel like I deserved to be happy, let alone even considering that I could be happy in the future.

Currently (today-wise) I am trying not let it kick my butt. So I have a nice cup of hot strong black coffee and I am working on my resume for a possible second job. Hopefully things will just be okay today. If not, at least I made an effort, right?

*My self-doubt and hatred stem from a host of issues tied into my life. For the record, I haven't transitioned yet. I want to heal myself before I can start that journey.
"I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes"- Pink
  •  

V M

Quote from: SarahMarie1987 on October 07, 2015, 10:25:15 AM
To be honest dear friends I haven't been doing well these last few weeks. Had a nasty bout of self-doubt & hatred* a few weeks ago. It made it very hard to feel like I deserved to be happy, let alone even considering that I could be happy in the future.

You'd be surprised or not how many of us deal with a degree of fear and loathing but don't live anywhere near Las Vegas

But worry not, you will find your dreams and turn them into reality somehow and be happy

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Yesterday's endo appointment went well and the Dr. increased my dosage again  8)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Katiepie

Jalapeno infused honey!!! It is the best combination ever.

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

LizK

Today we celebrated 28 years of marriage and just over 30 together...my wife bought me a pair of earrings and a bracelet....the other gift she gave me was the being the first person in real life to Gender me correctly for the first time...she was trying to be nice and succeeded beautifully. To most it would be a throw away line but for me it is something I will remember for a long time.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dee Marshall

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

SarahMarie1987

Quote from: V M on October 07, 2015, 09:49:18 PM
You'd be surprised or not how many of us deal with a degree of fear and loathing but don't live anywhere near Las Vegas

But worry not, you will find your dreams and turn them into reality somehow and be happy

Hugs

All the points for that reference!! That made me smile and happy today! :)
  •  

Dee Marshall

I realized that when I pull on shirts, sweatshirts and pullovers they've started hanging up on "something". :D

•  

jingling_void

Warm jumpers made me happy today.
it's sooo cold D:
  •  

Punzie

Just bought a cute fluffy beanie to wear once the winter weather starts popping up. I saved so much buying it online and I can't wait to try it on. ^^

I also donated what I had leftover to the site. It wasn't much, but I was happy to donate towards this wonderful community.
My Journey
9/1/2015 Fully accepted myself as Transgender
9/24/2015 First Therapy Session with Therapist
9/25/2015 Joined Susan's Place
2/?/2016 ~ Hopefully starting HRT!
  •  

Lady Smith

Watching the little native lizards in my wild jungle of garden courtyard always cheers me up.  Anyone who tells me that my courtyard area needs massively tidying up gets told it's a lizard sanctuary and therefore a protected area ;)
  •  

jingling_void

Quote from: Lady Smith on October 19, 2015, 07:19:04 PM
Watching the little native lizards in my wild jungle of garden courtyard always cheers me up.  Anyone who tells me that my courtyard area needs massively tidying up gets told it's a lizard sanctuary and therefore a protected area ;)
gossh that sounds awesome!
Lizard's are so cute  ;D
  •  

Lady Smith

A common native skink like wot live in my courtyard.  New Zealand skinks are unusual in that they don't lay eggs and have live births.  The babies are teeny weeny copies of their parents and are very cute.
  •  

Joi

As I was exiting a meeting  a little while ago, a lady that I know commented to another lady "Dammit, Joi's boobs are better looking than mine. What an "uplifting comment!" ;)

•  

SarahMarie1987

Painting my nails and talking a nice walk outside.
  •  

Jill F

Going to see Danzig for Halloween.  How perfect is that? \m/
  •  

Sydney_NYC

My wife and I went to Torrid today shopping for her for a change. I found a great deal for my self to 3 super long tops to wear with leggings for $30 in the clearance rack. I can't believe I found them that long off the rack, but glad I did.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

MicheleGui

This was actually saturday, but anyway:

I went as a mime girl for halloween and participated in the costume contest. I won best performance by the usual mime routine, some interaction with the judges and some improvised dance.

Dancing always helps me shove my anxiety and discomfort away, and I got a lot of applause and compliments that night. It felt really good.
  •  

big kim

Went on the train to Bolton, pigged out on junk food, spent the day in the museum,art gallery & aquarium then went home and saw the illuminations by tram.
  •