Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

SarahMarie1987

I realized this morning that my changes are going to be slow and hard fought. But that it is really okay. I want to learn and grow into myself. Emotionally through my therapy and then eventually physically through hormone treatments.

It will take a while, but just allowing myself the patience and trust to know that I will change is really amazing.
"I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes"- Pink
  •  

Rebecca

Getting my eyebrows threaded and tinted after 5 whole weeks (usually 3 or less).

So good to be me again.

And she told me some of her clients would kill for my arches.
That made my week.
  •  

Jayne

I've had loads to be happy about this week.

Today after a year of struggling on a very cheap tablet I've been able to upgrade (to a very cheap notebook). I'm trying to get my head around windows 10 right now.
After a year on a tablet I keep stroking the screen & wondering why it won't work. . . . oh yeah, it's not a touch screen, I can be such a dozy cow sometimes.

Earlier this week I went to do my volunteer baking group at the womens shelter, one of the women said she's enjoyed my cakes so much she's saving up for a food mixer to start baking her own.
Another client was leaving that day & as soon as she saw me she gave me a big hug & a huge thank you for the baking group.
  •  

Elis

Listened to my voice recordings from 3 months, 5 months and currently 6 months on T. Can't believe how different I sound :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Skyler

Waking up to start another beautiful day  :-*
  •  

big kim

Sunshine, a day off, my Sportster &  a ride over the moors to east Lancashire.
  •  

Devlyn

Sunshine? What's that? Im back in my winter coat here in Boston! ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Elis

Here in the UK it's T shirt weather  ;)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

big kim

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on May 05, 2016, 12:24:36 PM
Sunshine? What's that? Im back in my winter coat here in Boston! ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
Not often seen in Lancashire! Winter coats are, I haven't put mine away yet
  •  

LizK

got through a complete 1/2 hour session of Electrolysis for the first time...I can now see patchy skin in my beard yay yay I have difficulty due to having hypersensitivity on the right side of my body including my face...but I got through it
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

BioS

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 05, 2016, 04:50:15 PM
got through a complete 1/2 hour session of Electrolysis for the first time...I can now see patchy skin in my beard yay yay I have difficulty due to having hypersensitivity on the right side of my body including my face...but I got through it

Good on you. ^- ^ I don't know if I'd be able to do electrolysis. Seems painful. :(

I'm happy that I made a new friend. :D
  •  

LizK

Quote from: BioS on May 07, 2016, 03:26:21 PM
Good on you. ^- ^ I don't know if I'd be able to do electrolysis. Seems painful. :(

I'm happy that I made a new friend. :D

I have some stupid skin hypersensitivity issues on the right side of my body so it makes it a bit sore but doing it in such small increments I can manage. I am teaching myself to try and "zone" out...but as a back up I am seeing a Dentist in two weeks for injections so I can do a two-hour session primarily on my top lip and chin. Hopefully I will feel nothing until the next day...

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dee Marshall

As a background to this I have to tell you that my stylist has been adamant for months about not cutting my hair while it grows out.

While brushing my hair out I noticed some one inch long hairs growing at my hair line. The rest of my hair is 8" long or longer. I think my hairline may be lowering and filling in! Can it be true?
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

On Friday, I made a speculative approach with a dance/music production agency for a voluntary web design role which involved a quick voicemail in the style of an elevator pitch and brief email, not expecting any kind of return. Yesterday, just as I decide to follow it up with a quick phone call, I get an email response from the contact who was so happy with my method of application they want to see me for an informal interview this Friday, which will mostly involve the company and WordPress.

I'm dead stoked.
- Kim
  •  

Jayne

I've had 3 days of happy things happening.

On Monday I introduced my cake baking group to a new womens shelter & had 9 or 10 clients (plus one dog) join in

Yesterday I ran my baking group at the shelter I normally volunteer at & managed to get one of the women who is suffering severe depression to not only smile but to crack up laughing.

Today I had my 4th laser session & the hair is getting so sparse now I barely felt a thing

Happy days
  •  

Dee Marshall

Yesterday I was notified that I got the new position I've been trying for and, best of all, I've already been vetted by the state! I'm employed in my field and not an axe murderer! Yay!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

BioS

Quote from: Dee Marshall on May 13, 2016, 04:54:43 AM
Yesterday I was notified that I got the new position I've been trying for and, best of all, I've already been vetted by the state! I'm employed in my field and not an axe murderer! Yay!

I don't know why, by the axe murderer thing tickled me.

Happy Thing: I found several new art projects to work on.
  •  

Fresas con Nata

I'm being a bit myself today: floral shoes, denim leggings, minnie mouse t-shirt and red nails. In guy mode :)

It's incredible how quick I stopped caring about people's stares and even feeling proud of dressing like this.
  •  

arice

Getting ready to head out to a spring fair. I'm wearing a new button down shirt and feeling pleased with my appearance. My 6 year old son made me feel even better.
My son: is that your new shirt, mom? You look very handsome in it.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

•