Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maksim

Jake Pitts from Black Veil Brides liked my photo on Instagram!

I've gotta admit, I really don't like BVB at all now, but they were my idols when I was a young teenager so it's pretty cool to be noticed by one of the members so many years later!

My mom freaked out when I told her like I would've if I was still into them, lol :) She's still a fan!

•  

V M

Nothin' wrong with that, there are various groups that I would buy tickets to in a heartbeat if they ever came to town
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Michelle_P

After a rough morning, wearing old work clothes and spending three hours cleaning a commercial refrigerator in a community kitchen of two month old leftovers, month-old salads, open yogurt from last year, and Tupperware science experiments on the brink of exploding, I needed a change.

I put out a call on FaceBook for my friends, offering a dinner the night (my treat) for anyone at loose ends.  I had always wanted to do that.   :D  I got a shower in, changed into that comfortable black and white dress I recently got, and fixed up my appearance; all activities that I do for myself to help me feel better.  Off to dinner!

I had a long, leisurely dinner with a wonderful person, one of my newer friends that I have become close with.  We can talk to each other about anything, and we usually do.  :)  That was really nice.

I walked them to their car, then went and got a cappuccino on the way back to my place, a short walk.  :D

This was a pleasant afternoon and evening.  I'm very, very happy today.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I love when days turn out like this Michelle.
Sensible quiet dinner is always good :)

•  

Jamie 65

Cooked pork chops and and sweet potatoes for my wife and I, they were amazing. ;D
  •  

Michelle_P

It's funny how food can make us happy.  I suppose it's tied in at a very primitive level to our 'feedback systems'.   ;)   I certainly enjoy simple deliciousness!

There's lots of fresh produce at the market. Strawberries and grapefruit!  Yaaay!
My breakfast this morning makes me happy:

Fresh strawberries and my high fiber cereal with almond milk, grapefruit, and Sumatra Tano Batak coffee from Bird Rock roasters (thanks, Jason!)

It's funny how many of my happy moments seem to be tied into food and dining with friends.  The pleasure of tastes and textures, and the enjoyment of social comraderie seem to go well together.   I just have to make sure I don't overdo it!

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Devlyn

Careful on the grapefruit/estrogen interaction.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on June 07, 2017, 10:43:57 AM
Careful on the grapefruit/estrogen interaction.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

No worries!

For the folks wondering, grapefruit contains a compound that interferes with an enzyme, CYP 3A4, in the wall of the intestine.  This enzyme breaks down certain molecules, including many drugs particularly when delivered via the oral pathway.  Estrogen compounds are among the ones that CYP 3A4 breaks down.  Grapefruit's effect on CYP 3A4 lasts for days, and it can cause oral estrogen dosages to go wildly off target.

Folks on transdermal and intramuscular estrogen delivery won't see much change.  I'm on transdermal, and my levels have been 115 pg/mL or lower.  I'd love to see this up in a more normal transition range, but my HMO and doctor guides very conservatively.

•  

sarah1972

Eyebrow place started charging me the "female" rate today ($3 less) yeah!

•  

KristyWalker

Got my debit card with Kristen on it today

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/url]
  •  

Alanna1990

I passed the whole day with little effort, I had a fulfilling chat with my dad, we were getting distanced because of my transition, we cleared things up and now I think we're good, I cried a lot but now I'm fine, I think it was a good day overall.
  •  

Dusty

I got new shoes! I've been coveting them but couldn't justify the splurge. Finally I said screw it and bought them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Gloria329 on June 10, 2017, 10:42:18 PM
I got new shoes! I've been coveting them but couldn't justify the splurge. Finally I said screw it and bought them!

Beautiful shoes!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

KathyLauren

Right now, I am watching and listening to a good old-fashioned thunderstorm outside my window.  Nothing like a good lightning and thunder show to brighten your day!  I used to love watching them when I was a kid.  Still do.

And if the thread allows a "what made you happy yesterday?" item, my wife and I had a great evening with a gay couple we know through our dance class.  It was one of those "We ought to get together" things where we just never got around to it.  We finally did yesterday and had a great time.  Really good people.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Dusty

Quote from: Dee Marshall on June 12, 2017, 02:37:56 PM
Beautiful shoes!

Thanks! I'm kind of in love with them [emoji7]

•  

maksim

My friend's mom saw a picture of me after not seeing me for a LONG time. Ever since everyone (except me) learned how to drive, I don't think any of us have seen much of each other's parents aside from my mom, who drives us longer distances for anime conventions and such.

Anyway, my friend's mom saw a picture of me that I posted on Instagram today, marking my official non-calendar 7 weeks on T!

The conversation between my friend and my mom went like this:

Her mom: Whoa, is that Max? She looks like a real boy now!
Her: He is a real boy, but yeah!
Her mom: Did she get surgery?
Her: No, he's on testosterone.
Her mom: I've never known anyone to do that! Tell her I'm happy for her!

I was really happy to hear that I look more passable in my face now, even if my friend's mom used she/her pronouns. I don't really mind the pronouns from my friends' parents anyway, since they're not used to the pronoun switch because I'm not a constant topic in their lives. It takes some getting used to, which is okay!

•  

Devlyn

This right here just made me happy.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

Quote from: maksim on June 15, 2017, 05:59:45 PM
My friend's mom saw a picture of me after not seeing me for a LONG time. Ever since everyone (except me) learned how to drive, I don't think any of us have seen much of each other's parents aside from my mom, who drives us longer distances for anime conventions and such.

Anyway, my friend's mom saw a picture of me that I posted on Instagram today, marking my official non-calendar 7 weeks on T!

The conversation between my friend and my mom went like this:

Her mom: Whoa, is that Max? She looks like a real boy now!
Her: He is a real boy, but yeah!
Her mom: Did she get surgery?
Her: No, he's on testosterone.
Her mom: I've never known anyone to do that! Tell her I'm happy for her!

I was really happy to hear that I look more passable in my face now, even if my friend's mom used she/her pronouns. I don't really mind the pronouns from my friends' parents anyway, since they're not used to the pronoun switch because I'm not a constant topic in their lives. It takes some getting used to, which is okay!
  •  

Dee Marshall

Finally got my ears pierced! Also Sephora gave me a birthday present!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

JulieOnHerWay

Quote from: Dee Marshall on June 15, 2017, 08:18:19 PM

Thanks Dee.  Just bring my dysphoria on.  Piercings.  I have been pondering that step of late.  I know it's not a big deal but every step is.  Every one of my feminization steps so far have gone unnoticed by everyone but me.  Who is going to notice a post in each ear.
Glad you did it.  I think I am soon behind ya.
Julie
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Dee Marshall on June 15, 2017, 08:18:19 PM

Way to go, Dee!

Quote from: JulieOnHerWay on June 15, 2017, 10:57:18 PM
Thanks Dee.  Just bring my dysphoria on.  Piercings.  I have been pondering that step of late.  I know it's not a big deal but every step is.  Every one of my feminization steps so far have gone unnoticed by everyone but me.  Who is going to notice a post in each ear.
Glad you did it.  I think I am soon behind ya.
Julie
Do it Julie!  I was still presenting in male mode when I got mine done.  I noticed that the deputy chief at my fire department wore an earring.  So I wasn't worried that people would say anything there, and they didn't.  Not a single person anywhere commented on them.  :icon_cry2:  If you are presenting mostly masculine cues, people will think nothing of it.

But if you present any feminine cues, nothing emphasizes them like a pair of nice, shiny silver studs.  They make a huge difference to how I see myself in the mirror.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •