Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maksim

I connected with one of my followers on Instagram today, after I made a post about how things have been difficult lately. We added each other on Facebook, and we decided to do an audio chat.
She let me talk to her about what's been going on in my life, and we shared experiences with our disabilities and she took every opportunity she could to tell me that I'm never alone, and I have a friend in her. She gave me a bunch of resources and projects she campaigns for that I can check out, and we laughed a bit over my funny tics ("wow!" "chicken!" "bless you!"). All in all, the chat was lovely and I'm so glad she saw my post on Instagram.

If I'm going to be completely honest, I did cry a little after she hung up, simply because she was so kind to me. I don't receive that much pure kindness and understanding from people these days, so it was a bit of a shock, but a good one for sure.

•  

davina61

From yesterday, dancing wearing my breastforms, never felt so girly and making a new friend , we had a good chat and girly hugs . She works with "problem" children and has 3 trans pupils 2 f to m 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Thessa

Received the call that my surgery date is finally confirmed. 15 days to go...I'm getting nervous...[emoji4]
  •  

Artesia

Showed pictures of me to 2 different ladies at work yesterday, and neither recognized me, despite me standing right there.  It felt real good to have them ask if I was my Wife.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Natalia

Coming back to Susan's after a loooong time away. It's nice to be back.  :)
  •  

Dena

I don't normally post here but my old monitor after about 14 years of use started to fail. It was flickering and the colors were shifting making it very  difficult to view the site. Three weeks ago, I ordered a very  special replacement with a 24 inch screen and two inputs. It took a day or two for them to decide my credit card was good and then it took the remainder of the week for them to ship it from Japan to Los Angles. Then it took another 2 weeks for the shipper to get it from Los Angles to Phoenix, a distance of about 400 miles. Anyway, it was sitting on my door porch when I got home at noon and it's now installed so I can SEE again. The old one was a 5x4 monitor and the new one is a 16x 9 giving me a bunch more screen real-estate and best of all, the colors are correct and it doesn't flicker.   :icon_dance: :icon_dance: :icon_dance: :icon_dance:
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

KathyLauren

Facebook notified me that my brother had commented on some guy's post.  The original poster was mouthing off with some contrived rubbish about the new law in Canada that outlaws discrimination based on gender identity.  My big brother stood up for me and rebutted the guy's trolling.  He started his comment with " I am proud to have a transgender sister..."

OMG, I love it when he calls me his sister!  I get all weepy.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LizK

Today I am going for injections into my neck skin(works really well in the neck and under the chin...I feel nothing) to have the last of my first growth beard removed with Electrolysis. That will make for one complete clearance of my face...it has taken a 18 months to get here and I still have more to be done, nothing like when I started. Going by a couple of my more recent appointments I am able to manage with numbing cream when dealing with the secondary hair and I think today is the last injections from my Dr.... :)                                                                                       
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

RobynD

Affirmation from friends what a wonderful thing. Clothes wise,  I no longer have anything very masculine or made for guys but there aretimes that i prefer to go sort of "tomboy". Yesterday was one of those days for the holiday here, i wore:

V-neck t-shirt
No bra
medium length shorts
leather sandals with my new pedicure
My hair was in a pony tail and i had zero makeup on.

I stopped in to see a friend yesterday and i commented that i was dressed pretty boyish today and she quipped back "honey you are anything but boyish, ain't nobody going to mistake you for a boy, look in the mirror " That was kinda cool. :)

•  

HannahHindle

My internet friend's boyfriend (who doesn't know me at all) saw a picture of me (my profile picture) and he immediately said I was pretty and referred to me as a "she". That's the first time I've passed to someone who doesn't know and it feels really good.

I also got the date for my screening appointment to the Gender Services so the ball is rolling slowly but surely.
- Hannah
  •  

Megan.

I started my RLE 2.5 months ago,  but today I  finally started HRT,  my first E dose 😊.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Thessa

My gender marker was changed today and I filled my name change.
  •  

Michelle_P

Got a regular MRI check out of the way.  Researchers are happy, selected slices went to my radiologist for a pituitary check so I won't have to go for another ride this year, I'm happy the GFR numbers didn't mess things up, and to get this out of the way!

Stopped for breakfast at a favorite place as a post-scan treat.  :D

And, stopped at AAA office and fixed my name on the AAA card and my vehicle title and registration. :D

All within 3 blocks of my home, done as part of my morning walk.  :D

Me, happy?  You betcha!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: meganjames2 on July 05, 2017, 11:46:55 AM
I started my RLE 2.5 months ago,  but today I  finally started HRT,  my first E dose .

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Big hug! Happy E-Day!  :)  Mark your calendar.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: maksim on June 25, 2017, 03:01:35 AM
I connected with one of my followers on Instagram today, after I made a post about how things have been difficult lately. We added each other on Facebook, and we decided to do an audio chat.
She let me talk to her about what's been going on in my life, and we shared experiences with our disabilities and she took every opportunity she could to tell me that I'm never alone, and I have a friend in her. She gave me a bunch of resources and projects she campaigns for that I can check out, and we laughed a bit over my funny tics ("wow!" "chicken!" "bless you!"). All in all, the chat was lovely and I'm so glad she saw my post on Instagram.

If I'm going to be completely honest, I did cry a little after she hung up, simply because she was so kind to me. I don't receive that much pure kindness and understanding from people these days, so it was a bit of a shock, but a good one for sure.

Big hug! I'm happy for you, hon.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Thessa on July 05, 2017, 01:59:45 PM
My gender marker was changed today and I filled my name change.

Yays! These are a bit more than little steps.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Alora

So I have my first BA consultation today. It was amazing. The Dr was hilarious and really personable. At the end of the appointment I also found out that he is also getting certified to perform bottom surgeries.

I'm waiting to see results but I might be getting both done the beginning of next year.

So excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

LizK

Got through a 20 minute session of electrolysis with no cream or anaesthetic of any kind making for a total 1 hour 20 minutes for the week...I have one area left, my chin and lip area which isn't that heavy. On Tuesday I am having dental blocks to finish this off...as of Tuesday I could have only minor in feeble hair left ;D ;D ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jamie 65

Yesterday I did my first mile on the elliptical in 11 min, and today I came to work early and have 2 options leave early or make compensatory time today :D
  •  

Laurie

Last night I went to dinner with my friends in Mo. and their adult son followed with a Walmart excursion after. Without any previous discussion, all three  made a point of calling me Laurie in the public settings.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•