Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

younger than 18?

Started by Dandy Dunker, November 02, 2014, 09:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandy Dunker

What are options for people that need these surgeries but are not 18 and can not wait?
  •  

HelloKitty

Not sure what country you are in but in Canada one must be 18+ to be eligible for surgery.

Just look at Kim Petras...as far as I know she remains the youngest girl in the world to ever have srs, and she was 16. That case was unique and so you see it is very rare if ever for ppl to have srs prior to turning 18. It is truly unfortunate but maybe some day that requirement will change.

Hugs
  •  

GorJess

Hi! As someone who knows a thing or two about this, from friends and such, there are a few US options out there; Leis, McGinn, and Bowers. Leis recently did a 16 year old, McGinn did a friend of mine at 17, and Bowers herself notes this on her webpage. Brassard, as mentioned, won't do under 18, found that one out the hard way.
You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. -Woodrow Wilson

With Dr. Marci Bowers in San Mateo
  •  

captains

Do these surgeons also perform meta/phalloplasty? OP is a boy.

Dandy Dunker, I think your gender therapist may be your strongest advocate, here. Many surgeons are hesitant to operate on a young person's genitals, but a firm letter explaining your specific circumstances from your doctor/therapist (assuming they agree) may help convince a surgeon who is on the fence that this is the right step for you.
- cameron
  •  

NathanielM

Is OP looking for meta/phalloplasty  or for hysto and topsurgery? In my country SRS is Hysto and topsurgery so that might also change the answer? In Belgium you can't have any SRS before you're 18 but I don't know how that is in the OP's country
  •  

HelloKitty

Quote from: GorJess on November 02, 2014, 10:57:40 PM
Hi! As someone who knows a thing or two about this, from friends and such, there are a few US options out there; Leis, McGinn, and Bowers. Leis recently did a 16 year old, McGinn did a friend of mine at 17, and Bowers herself notes this on her webpage. Brassard, as mentioned, won't do under 18, found that one out the hard way.

I didn't know about that, good to know. I still don't think it is very common for 16 and 17 year olds to be having srs if that is the surgery we are talking about.

But I am glad to hear Kim Petras isn't the only one to get to have srs at such a young age. Hoping the 18+ thing does change so that it is an easily accessible service to younger girls.
  •