Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Not sure what to make of this....

Started by Monika the diva, January 10, 2015, 02:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika the diva

Hi Everyone,

Here's one of my many stories, this one i don't know what to make of it. I felt utterly embarrassed. Anyway, i walk into a bar dressed as a girl and i'm meeting with my brother and my sister in law. I'm inviting my sister in law out to dinner for her B-day. Anyway, the bouncer asked for my ID, because i am new at transitioning i didn't know what to make of it. So i handed him my driver's license and he looked at the picture and he looked back at me. I looked at him and i said "Look, i know that photo no longer matches my appearance but that's the old me." He gave me back my ID and i walked away. I had dinner and on my way out i noticed that he was talking to the hostess but i didn't even hear the conversation they were having. My brother has better hearing than i did. I said good night to my brother and sister in law. When i got home my brother text me.

Him: Hey are you okay?
Me: Yeah, I'm fine. Why?
HIm: Well, That bouncer was gossiping to the hostess telling her that you're a guy because of your license.
Me: Well that guy's a dick and he obviously doesn't respect trans people. Thanks for the heads up.

After that i never went back. I refuse to go back to that bar until i am able to change my license sex, name and photo.

At this point i keep thinking about this moment and i still don't know what to make of it.
I am 34 year-old single Latina plus size MtF trans female. If i lose 30 pounds i can be as fit as Queen Latifa right now. I am currently 6 months on HRT. I am open about being trans. I am 100% out at my branch at work and I am 98% out with my external family. I am a hardcore gamer and a writer. I love Karoake and studying psychology.
  •  

Cindy

Just one of those things Hon.

I wouldn't even worry about it, get your ID's changed and it is all over.
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Monika the diva on January 10, 2015, 02:16:44 AM
At this point i keep thinking about this moment and i still don't know what to make of it.

You pass.

If you didn't, the bouncer wouldn't have felt the need to point out your status to the hostess - it would have been obvious, right?
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •